+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    The best scene on Dance Moms was on True Blood Sunday night. Lafayette said, “That’s the sickest thing I’ve seen in TV. And I watch Dance Moms.”
    Hysterical!
    beerbelly likes this.

I read an interview somewhere saying that Christie/Chloe were on their way out of the studio when they were cast on this show. They weren't the only ones, I believe Kelli and her girls were as well. The difference being that Kelli and her girls had lost interest while Christie/Chloe were asked to leave.

This is why Abby hates them so much. They were cast, she hates that whole casting thing as is clear by her comments about Cathy and her cast. She's even interviewed that she didn't think it was right that Cathy got to hand pick her team while she had was told who would be on hers.

The same interview stated that Maddie is not her number #1 student, it's some boy and I can't remember which one.

I just remembered, it wasn't an interview. It was during a workshop and these were comments secretly taped by one of the attendees. They were instructed to turn their devices off and since she was sitting behind Abby, she didn't do it. The comments were in response to some of the questions.

This does not excuse her poor behavior towards some of the girls but it does explain it. She's resentful because this is not the team she would have chosen and because she does not like Christie, Kelly or their girls. Her words "they are lazy and are more interested in being stars than dancers".

Anyways - I absolutely hated this last show. I would not watch a show with Cathy, Anthony, or that abrasive disgusting break dancers father. If this is the way this show is going? Then I'm done with it. I want to see Maddie, Mac, Chloe, Kendall and even their mothers. I want to watch Brooke growing as part of the senior dancers.

It looked to me like Abby is actually filming her other show "Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition" and this was just filler till she was back in town.
    mom2 and GabbyG like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

I didn't like this episode full of Cathy and company either. And I really disliked the heavy make-up used on the Ohio moms and girls. It was wayyyy overdone. Not a good look for any of them.

Some comments on the last show:

1 - Since when is Cathy a "mover and shaker" in the dance world? That one mom interviewed that Cathy was somebody important in the dance world. Say what? The woman doesn't even have talented enough dancers of her own to make a competition team. She has to recruit *ahem steal* them from other studios.

2 - Why is Vivi sitting on the stage with the dancers? She doesn't dance. She should be in the audience!

3 - If the show continues to include Cathy and Black Patsy then I'm done with it. It will be forever removed from my DVR.

4 - Replace Cathy with Anthony and never invite angry break dancer dad or Black Patsy and I'll be a happy girl.

5 - Why didn't either of the Christy's or Melissa go to that competition? Well, Melissa probably because Maddie was in LA with Abby. Could it be that they were afraid that either Christy would actually punch out Black Patsy if she stuck her finger in their face? Oh how I would love to see Christy (Lee?) going up against Black Patsy. Something tells me that BP is all talk and will back down real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I didn't quite catch all the details--having an eight month old puppy in the house tends to be distracting--but I thought Anthony said that Zach's number would have gone over better if he'd been wearing the costume Anthony had originally wanted for the dance. If that's the case, then Anthony must have had something else in mind originally. I did feel sorry for Zach, though. He's a better dancer than that stupid number allowed him to be. He also seemed like a genuinely nice kid, from what they showed of him in that show of Abby's last summer.
    The original costume was the same except instead of black pats, it was red longer shorts ... kind of like Pinocchio

I don't blame you for watching the puppy instead of the show!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I was watching the first episode of America's Got Talent and they showed the spinning wonder, Sophia. Now we know why she suddenly vanished from the show. She was clearly doing the competition show rounds.

They didn't show her act, so I don't know if she made it through or not. She was shown during the kid clips, the stage person instructed her on what to do with the mic and she nod....and that was the last we saw of her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    The original costume was the same except instead of black pats, it was red longer shorts ... kind of like Pinocchio

I don't blame you for watching the puppy instead of the show!
    Your choice of icon is quite appropriate. The puppy has only two speeds: full tilt boogie and dead asleep. He weighs fourteen pounds and had a play date with a golden retriever this evening. We came home after he chased the retriever around the yard until he couldn't stand upright anymore (the puppy, not the retriever, though the retriever was looking pretty ragged too), and the moment we got home, he went and got me a tennis ball.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I was watching the first episode of America's Got Talent and they showed the spinning wonder, Sophia. Now we know why she suddenly vanished from the show. She was clearly doing the competition show rounds.

They didn't show her act, so I don't know if she made it through or not. She was shown during the kid clips, the stage person instructed her on what to do with the mic and she nod....and that was the last we saw of her.
    Her talent was just spinning? I mean, I admit she's good at it, but it doesn't seem like it would have that much staying power. How long can viewers be entertained by only one aspect of dancing that doesn't really change that much? At least someone who's a singer, for instance, can sing different songs from week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Her talent was just spinning? I mean, I admit she's good at it, but it doesn't seem like it would have that much staying power. How long can viewers be entertained by only one aspect of dancing that doesn't really change that much? At least someone who's a singer, for instance, can sing different songs from week to week.
    Nah, I was goofing around because on the show Abby only talked about her ability to do an insane amount of spins. Her name is Sophia Lucia and she's a very talented dancer. She, evidently was on AGT in 2011 and didn't advance and her bio doesn't mention this year so not sure what that means.

We have met our Cathy quota for the run of the series. No more of this classless bag of hot air, please. She should be kissing up to Anthony instead of trying to be his equal. She loses him, she's back to zero.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread