+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That little dust-up between Maddie and her sister, after Maddie's number.......I saw that as a "sister-thing". As a little sister, myself, I'd say that Makenzie held her own! From my perspective, big sisters can be jerks!
    From personal experience I would agree with that except Maddie looked right at the camera before she threw Makenzie off of her. I just don't buy anything this show is selling.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    From personal experience I would agree with that except Maddie looked right at the camera before she threw Makenzie off of her. I just don't buy anything this show is selling.
    I'm glad to hear this, as I didn't notice it myself when I watched the episode. I do believe that much of this is scripted/acted out. However, some of the upset in the girls seems genuine, which is difficult to watch. For example, when Chloe was commenting on her loss, after-the-fact in her interview (or whatever you call it), her upset seemed 100% genuine...and they cut it off immediately as her voice began to falter. As did the look on her face when the judge came in their room to announce that Maddie won instead of her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think that Maddie looking at the camera right before her dust-up with her sister had anything to do with scripting. I think it had more to do with KNOWING that she was annoyed with herself and was ready to lash out and, "so what" if she was seen.
    GabbyG and mesachick like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That was horrible. Once it was announced it should stand. Abby is a devil. Even if they did discover an error ... that could have been handled privately.
    Now Maddie will be at the top of the pyramid too ... and Chloe will be zapped again. She really screws with Makenzie too who will end up lower on the pyramid than Asia. As said ... Abby is a devil.
    I know absolutely nothing about how the scoring of such events are handled. Once the results are announced are they supposed to stand? Seems to me this is the second time Chloe has found out that she thought she won, but she didn't. Wasn't she part of a duet that ended up in the same position once or was that somebody else? Whoever it was who didn't win, Abby was all gleeful about the demotion that time too, which makes me think it was either Paige or Chloe who was involved. I'm fine with that, if that's what's supposed to happen, but if it's not the way scoring errors are normally handled, then that's not fair. I do remember that the previous time it happened, Abby was notified by phone later that there had been a scoring error. It wasn't like this time, when the guy came to their dressing room to inform them of the mistake and thank Abby for pointing out the error (which makes me wonder if Abby reported the last error too and was just waiting to her it confirmed).

Also, would the judges have been surprised to see back to back presentations of the same dance in the same costumes by two different girls from the same studio? If I'd been in their place, I'd not have liked that, unless it's something that happens a lot. It just seems like if it did, Abby would have already done it. I really hated that Abby basically tried to set Chloe up to fail to prove something to Christie and pretty much made it clear that that's what she was doing. So far, Chloe and Maddie have managed to remain friends, but all the bickering between their mothers and their mothers and Abby must really wear on them, and that's just not right.

Lately, I'm just been tuning in to the last part of each episode to watch the various dances, but now that part of the show has been tarnished too.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I felt for Brooke being thrown back in the kiddie pool again. She may not be that many years older than Chloe, but just a few years at their ages is a big difference. I agree that she seemed happier with the older dancers and looked better with them too.
    mom2 likes this.

I was so happy for Chloe - that was so mean of Abby to take that away from her. Why would she do such a thing?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Zack looked like Jiminy Cricket in his performance costume with the little red shorts.
    mom2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Poor Zack looked like Jiminy Cricket in his performance costume with the little red shorts.
    He sort of looked like Pinocchio ... which is what I think Anthony was shooting for since the number was called "The Puppet"

I also want to mention that I was NOT happy watching an episode that was mostly about Cathy. I feel the show could and should do without her and having to see so much of her was unpleasant to say the least.
    prhoshay, mom2, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Really didn't like last night's episode. It bothered me a lot that Abby referred to the one little girl (Hadley?) as "roadkill." If she were a child calling another child that in school, she'd be accurately accused of bullying the other child. So why should an adult--one that purports to be a teacher, at that--call a child that? Why should anyone call someone that? If she doesn't like Hadley's dancing, then she could explain why. I'd have no trouble with that, as long as it was done in way that criticized the dancing constructively without any name-calling. But roadkill? That doesn't help anyone learn anything. For that matter, I would think that, given Abby's size and society's attitudes toward the overweight, Abby's probably heard herself called some pretty unkind things. In fact, we've heard her called unkind things on the show, and she obviously hasn't like it. I'm not blaming her for not liking it, but since she doesn't, why wouldn't she think those kinds of comments would bother kids too?

I was also fairly stunned that she just assumed Maddy and Mackenzie would follow her to California if she moved there, though she wasn't sure about the rest of them. First, if I were one of the "rest of them," I'd be more than a little insulted that she didn't seem to care all that much about them, since, as she's repeatedly said herself, her reputation is built on what those little girls have done in competition under her studio's name. Whether she likes Chloe or not, for instance, she did bring ALDC a national title. Second, didn't Maddy and Mackenzie's mom just remarry? What if her new husband wouldn't or couldn't make the move west? Is she expecting that the little girls would just move to California without their mom? Or that the mom and kids would just leave the new husband/stepfather behind to follow Abby to California?

I'm also curious about something. I don't know much of anything about the dance world, but it would seem to me that Abby's competition for students would be much stiffer in California. According to Abby, L.A. is second only to NYC in terms of being a dance center. So wouldn't that mean that there are a lot of reputable dance studios/companies in the area that wouldn't involve your kids being belittled by a loud, abrasive teacher?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    He sort of looked like Pinocchio ... which is what I think Anthony was shooting for since the number was called "The Puppet"

I also want to mention that I was NOT happy watching an episode that was mostly about Cathy. I feel the show could and should do without her and having to see so much of her was unpleasant to say the least.

I didn't quite catch all the details--having an eight month old puppy in the house tends to be distracting--but I thought Anthony said that Zach's number would have gone over better if he'd been wearing the costume Anthony had originally wanted for the dance. If that's the case, then Anthony must have had something else in mind originally. I did feel sorry for Zach, though. He's a better dancer than that stupid number allowed him to be. He also seemed like a genuinely nice kid, from what they showed of him in that show of Abby's last summer.

Kiz

The best scene on Dance Moms was on True Blood Sunday night. Lafayette said, “That’s the sickest thing I’ve seen in TV. And I watch Dance Moms.”
    mom2, GabbyG, Starbucks880 and 1 others like this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread