+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

There is different choreography for Asia than for Makenzie. The choreography is more mature, and Asia can pull that off. I'd like to see Asia and Makenzie (sp?) do the same dance, like the older girls did. I think that would be interesting, even if it was just for filming purposes. Everybody has their niche.

It broke my heart when Chloe found out that she had, indeed, lost the numbers to Maddie. That was BS!

Chloe certainly has long, gorgeous legs!!! I am jealous!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Still not a fan of Asia's.

Abby got caught in a big fat lie there at the end of the episode LOL
    I was really confused by that. Can someone who understands how scoring at such events works explain the situation? It sounded as if the representative of the contest thanked Abby for turning in her score sheets. Did she (or do coaches) request the score sheets at the end of the competition, she looked at the numbers, and that's how she figured it out? If so, didn't the competition has someone in charge of doing a final check of the scores? I thought it was pointed out that Chloe somehow scored more points than was possible on a judge's scorecard. How does a mistake like that get missed?

I also really didn't like Abby's "oopsie--guess I lied" look at the end. Seems to me that a responsible teacher would have let the two girls know privately ASAP that she saw a numerical error in the scores and that it might affect the outcome of the contest. It was almost as if she was waiting to enjoy watching Chloe have to lose to Maddie again, just because she dislikes Christie. I did really respect Chloe almost immediately for going over to Maddie to congratulate her without any prompting however. I also was a little surprised by Maddie's behavior after her solo. I know she's young, she's clearly a perfectionist, and she thought she'd blown it, but Mackensie was honestly attempting to congratulate her. She had no way of knowing Maddie was upset with herself and she shouldn't have been shoved like that. I did like how Kendall tried to diffuse the situation and how she was backstage for Mackensie before her dance too. But then, I generally think the girls behave much better than the adults.

Oh, and I agree that Nia seems above the fray most of the time. I think she gets that from her mother, and I think she has the whole dancing thing in perspective. It may be important to her, but I get the impression that it isn't the be-all end-all of her existence and that while she'd prefer that Abby have a good opinion of her, her self-esteem doesn't depend upon it. Sometimes I worry about how much Maddie seems to need so much to please "Miss Abby."

My best guess Tilden - is that Abby gets to see the score sheets. She noticed that the math was wrong, and she brought it to the judges attention. I don't know why she just didn't say as much to the mom's. It doesn't really matter who noticed it - the scoring was incorrect.

I wasn't too surprised with Maddie. She is so young and the pressure that gets put on them - they are bound to lose it every now and again.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That little dust-up between Maddie and her sister, after Maddie's number.......I saw that as a "sister-thing". As a little sister, myself, I'd say that Makenzie held her own! From my perspective, big sisters can be jerks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    My best guess Tilden - is that Abby gets to see the score sheets. She noticed that the math was wrong, and she brought it to the judges attention. I don't know why she just didn't say as much to the mom's. It doesn't really matter who noticed it - the scoring was incorrect.

I wasn't too surprised with Maddie. She is so young and the pressure that gets put on them - they are bound to lose it every now and again.
    What surprises me is that they don't have somebody double-checking the scores prior to announcing the winners. It sounded like a pretty obvious mistake that could have been caught if they'd just added up the scores for each girl twice before they determined the winner. Generally, you don't get the same incorrect answer twice in a row.

The whole point Abbi was trying to make was that with the same choreography Maddie would still come out on top. Then she has secret extra lessons for Maddie and Melissa denies it. unfortunately for Melissa, Jill taped it. Next, Abbi expressed disbelief about the scores loud enough for the others to hear, obviously uncaring. Finally, she double checks the score sheets and brings it to the director's attention. The LIE was the telling point about the intent. I have no problem with the correct winner being identified, I do have a problem with the deceit.

I was hoping to see Brooke dancing with the older kids from now on. I think she enjoys it more and it makes her better.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I really hated this episode. I think the manipulation and never-ending negativity Chloe faces from Abby (because of Abby's hatred for Christi and her desire for Maddie to always be #1) will have to ultimately have some kind of long-term effect on Chloe. I wonder how long Chloe and her mom will hang in there. I also wonder if viewers pull more for Chloe because of all Abby puts her through....if she's constantly seen as the underdog she may wind up more "popular" to the viewing audience.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is different choreography for Asia than for Makenzie. The choreography is more mature, and Asia can pull that off. I'd like to see Asia and Makenzie (sp?) do the same dance, like the older girls did. I think that would be interesting, even if it was just for filming purposes. Everybody has their niche.

It broke my heart when Chloe found out that she had, indeed, lost the numbers to Maddie. That was BS!

Chloe certainly has long, gorgeous legs!!! I am jealous!!!!
    That was horrible. Once it was announced it should stand. Abby is a devil. Even if they did discover an error ... that could have been handled privately.
    Now Maddie will be at the top of the pyramid too ... and Chloe will be zapped again. She really screws with Makenzie too who will end up lower on the pyramid than Asia. As said ... Abby is a devil.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I really hated this episode. I think the manipulation and never-ending negativity Chloe faces from Abby (because of Abby's hatred for Christi and her desire for Maddie to always be #1) will have to ultimately have some kind of long-term effect on Chloe. I wonder how long Chloe and her mom will hang in there. I also wonder if viewers pull more for Chloe because of all Abby puts her through....if she's constantly seen as the underdog she may wind up more "popular" to the viewing audience.
    I think Chloe already is more popular ... the underdog and all, ya' know?

A question . Why DOES Abby hate Christy so much?
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    And that folks is the last straw that broke me from watching this show. I don't care how Abby "found out" either way her girls finished 1st & 2nd but to have that judge come in & humiliate Chloe like that...what a beast! DONE...OVER THIS SHOW!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread