+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Regular

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm glad to hear it, although I still don't think that's enough time.
    I personally think that at the age of 10 no child should be dancing 40 hours a week and being homeschooled because of it...sounds like burn out and injury waiting to happen.
    However, 4 to 5 hours a day of home schooling is actually quite a lot. Kids in the entertainment business (film, tv, theater) are only required to do 3 hours per day. When you do you schooling at home you can usually get it done faster. If you think about it kids in regular schooling go to school about 7 hours per day, but think about how much of that time is spent doing pointless/busy work. Not to mention lunch time, and at Sophia's age, recess. Plus gym, art, music.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    It was Paige that was embarrassed by Cathy's choreographer. And she was there, she did the group number, but opted out of doing a solo because of the embarrassment

Ooops! Sorry.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

I made it through both parts of the reunion show, and I enjoyed watching the girls dance, as always. The adults, however, were tough to watch. And although Cathy has annoyed me to no end previously, I thought she came across better than Abby this time around. (She had some nice things to say about Chloe, especially, calling her a hidden jewel or something like that.) Abby's nastiness was just extreme, especially in her comments about Cathy's mom.

I was also struck by the contrast in the clips shown from earlier shows, and clips from the season that just ended. The earlier shows included some lighter moments between Abby and the girls....at the park, at the beach, laughing and having fun. This season was much darker, full of Abby's manipulation, nastiness and name calling. I wish they'd go back to including some of those fun, lighter moments. Not holding my breath though.
    GabbyG likes this.

Last night's season opener was interesting. Jill is determined to start trouble (as I see it), Christie and Kelly are fighting only Kelly refuses to fight, Abby seemed mostly tolerable. I love that she gave Paige(?) a solo and had Chloe and Maddie dance together. I'm hoping that one little boy will join their troupe, although I agree that those boys need to do some strength training, especially after seeing Brooke dance with the older boy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That boy, Nicholas, with Kathy's group is an AMAZING talent!!!! What he does is beauty, personified.
    beerbelly and sugargoose like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And I'm sure Cathy will take full credit for his talent, even if she had nothing to do with his training.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I think about him/watch him, she doesn't even come into my mind. What he has is straight-up God-given.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is there anyone who didn't cry on the season opener? LOL Waterworks!

Good show. I personally didn't get Anthony's duet. Seems to me that should have been work given to an older dancer (the father part anyway). Nice way to honor his father though. I still wish Cathy would just go! What do you think of Gino leaving? I don't think he'll get in to Abby's group. He's not all that good, especially compared to the girls. Plus Abby has plenty of older boys to chose from. I can imagine her using him in a number just to needle Cathy though.

Christy - wow. I don't know what her deal is but she is just an ugly person. I can't believe she went down and yelled at the girls! I wonder if Kelly has something more personal going on for she seems pretty distressed - moreso than usual.

The routines were lovely as always. I missed seeing McKenzie getting a solo though. Maddie and Chloe's duet was beautiful. Good episode overall.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Christie was out of line and ridiculous in griping to the kids. Something else is going on with Kelli, or she really is an idiot to not see Brooke was happier to dance with her own age group. Paige got 2nd place AND a compliment from Abbi.

Cathy is a nuisance and should be gone. She couldn't choreograph herself out of a cardboard box.

Hoping Nia gets more camera time next episode.

Jill is such s sh stirrer, obviously wanting someone to fight. When Kelli wouldnt with Abbi, she lit up Christi vs Kelli.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I thought this latest show had way too much Cathy in it. I loved Chloe and Maddie's duet. They danced beautifully together. And I liked seeing Paige dance a solo and Brooke dance with the older kids. Abby seemed a little kinder to the girls this episode. The Kelly-Christie fight that never ends is sad. I agree that it seems like there must be other issues going on with one or both of them.

+ Reply to Thread