+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 122 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fan

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I know what video mom2 is referring to. It's a video that a participant took with her phone at a Master Class(?) Abby was teaching somewhere in Pittsburgh. I don't know how to share a link, but here's how I found it. First search for Abby Lee Miller. About three or four items from the top you'll see an article that starts out, "You know, I always thought Dance Moms was totally scripted, but..." Near the top of the article is a link to the video. (The word "Video" is a live link.) The article is from just a day or two ago.

Most of the video is Abby answering questions after the class. Supposedly recording devices weren't allowed, so the person recording stayed behind Abby...so you see mostly Abby's back. Gianna, Maddie, Kendall, and Nia were there too. Maddie was introduced last and got the biggest round of applause, but not bigger than when Abby first came in and was introduced. (Go figure.)

There's clearly tension between Lifetime and Abby on several issues. Apparently, Christy and Chloe were about to be expelled from the dance company, when Lifetime chose them to be on the show. Abby still wants to get rid of them, but she can't. She says her problem with Chloe is that her mom is dragging her around the country for meet and greets, instead of spending more time dancing, and Chloe's dancing has suffered as a result.

Cathy wanted out of the show at one point, but Lifetime didn't want to lose her. So they said she could pick her own team, etc. Abby's not happy because she says she didn't get to pick her own team.

Abby also says Brooke and Paige are only at her studio when the show is filming. They don't dance there any other time.

I think the video was filmed in February (Abby mentions Valentine's Day) so I think it was shortly after the moms had stayed in the parking lot on "strike." it sounds like that was completely because they wanted something more (money?) from Lifetime. Apparently they were out there for several days. Abby says something about, "They had to do what they had to do," but she had to have dancers, and that's why they brought in replacements.

It was eye-opening for sure. The show supposedly has a huge audience, in many countries. Nobody involved at the start thought it would last very long. Abby says Lifetime ordered six more shows before the first six shows had aired, which apparently is very unusual.
    Last edited by sunnydayz; 05-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    mom2, GabbyG and Kiz like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you for the synopsis.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

You're welcome! Wish I wasn't so obsessed with this show :/
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I know what video mom2 is referring to. It's a video that a participant took with her phone at a Master Class(?) Abby was teaching somewhere in Pittsburgh. I don't know how to share a link, but here's how I found it. First search for Abby Lee Miller. About three or four items from the top you'll see an article that starts out, "You know, I always thought Dance Moms was totally scripted, but..." Near the top of the article is a link to the video. (The word "Video" is a live link.) The article is from just a day or two ago.

Most of the video is Abby answering questions after the class. Supposedly recording devices weren't allowed, so the person recording stayed behind Abby...so you see mostly Abby's back. Gianna, Maddie, Kendall, and Nia were there too. Maddie was introduced last and got the biggest round of applause, but not bigger than when Abby first came in and was introduced. (Go figure.)

There's clearly tension between Lifetime and Abby on several issues. Apparently, Christy and Chloe were about to be expelled from the dance company, when Lifetime chose them to be on the show. Abby still wants to get rid of them, but she can't. She says her problem with Chloe is that her mom is dragging her around the country for meet and greets, instead of spending more time dancing, and Chloe's dancing has suffered as a result.

Cathy wanted out of the show at one point, but Lifetime didn't want to lose her. So they said she could pick her own team, etc. Abby's not happy because she says she didn't get to pick her own team.

Abby also says Brooke and Paige are only at her studio when the show is filming. They don't dance there any other time.

I think the video was filmed in February (Abby mentions Valentine's Day) so I think it was shortly after the moms had stayed in the parking lot on "strike." it sounds like that was completely because they wanted something more (money?) from Lifetime. Apparently they were out there for several days. Abby says something about, "They had to do what they had to do," but she had to have dancers, and that's why they brought in replacements.

It was eye-opening for sure. The show supposedly has a huge audience, in many countries. Nobody involved at the start thought it would last very long. Abby says Lifetime ordered six more shows before the first six shows had aired, which apparently is very unusual.
    What I don't understand is why Christy would be dragging Chloe all over the country for meet and greets before Lifetime signed them. I think Abby would say anything to excuse her behavior.

FORT Newbie

I'm a little unclear of how the show started. I watched an interview with Chloe and Christy once and they said that Chloe auditioned for the show. The producers loved her and her mom, so they decided to base the show off of her dance studio, Abby Lee Miller. At least that was the way they told the story.

But the way Abby told the story in the video was much different! She made it sound as though she was the reason behind the show. Very odd...
    GabbyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    What I don't understand is why Christy would be dragging Chloe all over the country for meet and greets before Lifetime signed them. I think Abby would say anything to excuse her behavior.
    Abby wanted to get rid of Chloe for different reasons before the show started - likely, because of her mother's behavior. Now, Christy is even worse, taking Chloe on the meet and greets. Those started after the show, not before.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you sunnydaze for letting me know I didn't hallucinate that video! I tried to go back and find the link in the comments but I can't find it anywhere now, and I don't go to you tube unless it's a link. I was getting worried ...
    sunnydayz likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

This reunion show just added to my distaste of the adults on the series - except for Holly. Abbi Lee couldn't care less about her dancers, thinks she's the only one who grew up with strict parents, thinks no one could raise a child like her (typical of those who backseat drive) and is horrid to others.
    The moms are catty to each other, cloaked in fake friendship. I do believe they like the girls though.
    Cathy is the epitome of a talentless, grasping shrew. She can't compete without bringing in guest choreographers or hand picked dancers.
    The girls who danced were beautiful. I am guessing the others will have their chance next week.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Is the little girl ... Sophia Lucia who was on DWTS last night .... the same Sophia who was on Dance Moms ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Yes, same girl. She's cute, and she can spin, but Maddie dances with a lot more emotion. Sophia sure looked happy last night though that's for sure.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread