+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 122 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fan

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Abby was totally in the wrong calling Paige to the audience to stand up to those two fools. She was stirring the pot up once again, throwing Paige to the wolves, and hoping for good camera footage. It reminded me of her conversation with Mackenzie, asking her why she and her mom were letting Asia come in and take over. She is one manipulative lady. And if the moms & daughters want the benefit of Abby's name and dance experience, they have to just keep taking it. As Kelly put it, there's nothing they can do about it.

And count me in, as another one who doesn't understand why Cathy, her daughter, her guest choreographers, her "stolen from other studios" dancers, and boys are still on my tv screen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yay, Asia!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope Abby watched the video of that last routine to see that it was Asia who was the problem. Any time the girls all had to dance in unison, Asia was a beat off from the other girls. She pulled focus and not in a good way. Abby was hammering her during at least one rehearsal about that. She's fine as a solo dancer, but she's got a lot of work to do to be able to keep up with the rest of the group. MacKenzie, OTOH, meshed well with the rest of the group. I was impressed with how she kept up. She really only stood out because of her size.

Cathy can fall into a crack in the earth and I doubt anyone would miss her. Does she really think her boys winning over Abby is a victory for her? The win is for dancers she didn't train with a dance she didn't choreograph. All she's doing is admitting she's not good enough on her own to beat Abby.

I didn't like Anthony on Abby's dance competition show. I actually muted him whenever he spoke. Since I usually mute Cathy as well, it works out that they're in scenes together.
    mom2 and Photobabe like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I read online that neither the Dance Moms nor their daughters are paid to be on the show. The girls cannot be paid for the show because if they were paid they would be considered professional dancers and couldn't compete in dance competitions. Has anyone heard that before? Makes sense, I guess, but It surprised me.

I hadn't read that, but it makes sense. A dancer in one of my performing groups got us ALL into trouble because she had a SAG card. I remember it being a HUGE deal.

GabbyG - it's been a LONG time since I competed in these types of events, but back then, NO ONE behaved that way. It was always quiet and respectful and, frankly, we were all much too focused on our routines to worry about anyone else.

I have a good friend who teaches dance and whose daughters compete. She probably knows more about this stuff now, but she's never mentioned any craziness like on this show. Some of the competitions shown on Dance Moms are the same ones her daughters compete in. Maybe not the same event/city, but the same organizer.

I'd have to go back and watch to really compare Paige and that boy. I think the boys are all pretty good. It's a shame they're affiliated with that harpie Cathy. I think Paige's problem is (like with Chloe) that she doesn't give enough energy on stage. She has all the ingredients to make a good dancer. She just doesn't show it on stage.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fan

Thanks Critical. I appreciate your insight.

Thanks, Critical for your response. I meant Chloe, not Paige.

I cannot imagine that the Moms aren't paid. None of them have jobs and Holly gave up a pretty good job to hang around a dance studio. The girls may not be paid, but I can't imagine that there is no money coming in from Lifetime.

Ah, okay. See how closely I watched the episode? I thought Chloe's solo was lovely, although she still lacks the energy, especially in her arms, that she should have. I didn't watch the boy's solo, so I'll have to try to catch the episode and see. All of those boys are good dancers, so it's not an easy win against them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That one boy's leg extensions are FABULOUS! I just don't understand the mechanics of such things!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So they do the show for free? I'd be really surprised to learn that there isn't any payment whatsoever. I know that "Reality" isn't covered by SAG, but still!

Cathy: can't stand her...did she really say she was a 90lb weakling compared to Abby in the trailer for next weeks reunion? Or was she talking about one of her dancers?

I've never warmed up to Jill until this past episode. I think she was correct in not engaging Kristi and Abby. Who cares she took Kendall by the hand?

+ Reply to Thread