+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 114 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I thought the penalty clause is only for a one year period? I don't want to talk badly about a little one, but there is something about Asia that I just don't like. Someone pointed out her maturity level..maybe thats it. Her mother claimed Asia was an avid worker and booked often, so maybe thats why.

FORT Fan

If Asia is as "booked up" as her mom says, I'll be surprised if they stick around for too long. I know Abby mentioned they'd signed the same contract as the other moms, but maybe it's just til the end of this season?? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I took Christie or Kelli's statement to mean that they are there for the year or season, and if they leave they owe Abbi $100K. Makes me wonder how Cathy and Jill could afford that, unless it wasn't in the contract at that time.

I wish Abbi would go back to leaving the mind games alone with the kids, including ureasonably expecting them to confront their own mothers and team with her at all times.

Never watched Abbi's dance competition, so I have no preconceived notions about Asia or her mom. I'm giving them a couple of weeks before forming a set opinion. I hope Mackenzie is still on the team.

There's a difference between encouraging healthy competition between team members and pitting them against each other.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Chloe is getting abused plain and simple. I cannot believe how horrid Abby is to that little girl. Chloe seems to be the sweetest of the group, and Abby is just destroying her. Having people vote like that was just mean and nasty, and no matter how it turned out she would have made Chloe feel badly. If more had voted for Chloe, Abby would have said it was because they felt sorry for her.

Asia is not my cup of tea. She is just way too intense for my tastes. I know she is young, and hopefully she will tone it down, but right now she just is not what I like to see. I feel for McKensie. I do not know how anyone could hurt a child like that, and continue to do so when they cry.

Maddie is very talented, but her dances are starting to run together for me. It is almost like they are the same over and over.

Christie might as well face facts. Brooke and Paige are not going to be dancers. Neither is motivated, and Abby is not motivated by either of them. She would have been better off keeping them out. Brooke looks so bored, yes all teenage girls do, but she never speaks. She is wasting airtime space because she adds nothing to the show.
    mom2 and GabbyG like this.

Kellie is Brooke & Paige's mom. Christie is Chole's. It is painful hearing/seeing how Abby speaks/treats Chloe. Perhaps this is her way to toughen her up because Chloe does have the most potential. She seems to be a real sweetheart & it must have hurt her horribly to see that only 3 of her teammates voted for her dance.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Kellie is Brooke & Paige's mom. Christie is Chole's. It is painful hearing/seeing how Abby speaks/treats Chloe. Perhaps this is her way to toughen her up because Chloe does have the most potential. She seems to be a real sweetheart & it must have hurt her horribly to see that only 3 of her teammates voted for her dance.
    Let me start by saying I have nothing against Maddie and know nothing much about dance. I thought Maddie's dance was good but I found Chloe's more appealing. She is just a lovely dancer to watch.

I would love to see a breakdown of how the judges come to their conclusions.

I am wondering how the judges judge the dancers. It looks like it is on a point system, but Is it portioned by technical and artistic? Are the choreography, the "theme" and the "storytelling", considered in the total score? How about the costumes? After the competition does the dance studio/teacher/dancer get a sheet telling them how the scores broke down?

If not ... how can any of them know what to do better?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

I'm willing to bet those "contracts" that Abby makes the parents sign are not legally binding. I bet she just wrote up some rules on a piece of paper and made them all sign it. They probably aren't legit contracts.
    I use to have to sign contracts at my dance studio and it was a similar thing (nothing about owing $100,000 though).
    Even though it's not a legit contract though you still don't want to break the rules.

This is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about dance, but knows what she prefers and I liked Chloe's dance more. I think it is wonderful that Maddie has an expressive face and I'm sure she uses it very well; however, at times (to me) she looks like she is in pain.

As Abby was setting up the girls to vote against one of their group, I was wondering if Abby was one of the mean girls in eighth grade, or if she was picked on by the mean girls and is trying to get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I'm willing to bet those "contracts" that Abby makes the parents sign are not legally binding. I bet she just wrote up some rules on a piece of paper and made them all sign it. They probably aren't legit contracts.
    I use to have to sign contracts at my dance studio and it was a similar thing (nothing about owing $100,000 though).
    Even though it's not a legit contract though you still don't want to break the rules.
    I suspect the contracts are drawn up by Lifetimes attorneys. Remember, these aren't just girls taking dancing lessons and their moms. These girls and their moms are "reality TV "stars". I would think the contracts are legally binding and would hold up in most any court of law.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I think Abbie is jealous of Chloe's grace, Paige's looks, and Holly's education. I think she's furious that Brooke is burned out, not realizing that she is the cause. She banks on Maddie's adoration, and Melissa's servitude.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread