+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Well I guess we know why the moms don't quit, the 100k penalty clause. I wonder if it is for life or for the run of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Well I guess we know why the moms don't quit, the 100k penalty clause. I wonder if it is for life or for the run of the show.
    Quitting the run of the show. Once they are released from contract - which would be the cancelation of the show or when the contract expires, they are not subject to this kind of penalty.

There are usually fines and penalties that are lifetime regarding spilling any behind the scenes secrets as far as revealing how something is done, but other than that it's usually for breaking a contract (meaning any way other than cancelation, firing, or other reason).

BTW - Gabby, where was this shown?

FORT Fan

Not Gabby, but.... one of the moms told the new mom (Kristy?) about the $100k penalty shortly after her arrival. Abby made a point of telling all the moms that Asia and her mom had signed the same contract that all of them had signed, and that Asia was now a part of the team and would be staying. It surprised me that she made a big deal out of it. I guess maybe bc the other new girl they added to the team awhile back didn't stay long.

I was also surprised at the bear hug Abby gave to her good friend (Cathy's guest choreographer) when she saw him in the hallway at the competition. I didn't think she was ever going to let go of him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was surprised that Abby didn't turn on her "friend" because he had allowed Cathy to hire him.....of course, the last chapter may have not been written on that yet.

I really enjoyed watching Asia this summer (or whenever it was). Those mothers had better watch out when it comes to messing with Asia's mother (the other Christi); SHE DOES NOT PLAY and will rip them a new one. Can hardly wait!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Abby mentioned that she really wants to get rid of Christy with a "C" from her studio. My question is, if she really wanted to get rid of Christie(which would mean Chloe too) why did she offer them a new contract at the beginning of the season? Why not part ways then. Chloe is one of her best dancers that's why.

I also don't understand why Cathy is staill a part of the show. I don't know but if I were a Mom who owned her dance studio I would think I would be working doubly extra with my daughter before I opened up my studi to male dancers for the week.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I can't stand how Cathy hires outside people to choregraph the dances. To me, it's like entering a short story into a contest that you didn't write!

Asia is cute, but I hope she won't be a replacement for MacKenzie.
    Photobabe likes this.

I find the actions of Cathy to be very odd. Not only does she not choreograph the dances, but she has apparently not trained these kids. I appears that she found some talented kids and their parents and lured into her studio with a promise of TV time. Why is this permitted in the world of dance competition? How can Candy Apple get credit for the win when they neither trained the dancers nor choreographed the dance?

I realize that Abby did that with Sophia, but at least she choreographed Sophias dances.

Cathy is not far behind Omarosa in my "can't stand to watch" category.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Cathy is not far behind Omarosa in my "can't stand to watch" category.
    I dare say it I'd rather watch Omarosa than Cathy. Omarosa is a narcissist, and can be lazy in her tasks, but she isn't a harpy like Cathy is or takes credit for other's work.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I can't stand how Cathy hires outside people to choregraph the dances. To me, it's like entering a short story into a contest that you didn't write!

Asia is cute, but I hope she won't be a replacement for MacKenzie.
    Time will tell, but it seems like Asia is very good at what she does, but is not very versatile. Don't know that she could pull off a slow lyrical dance. McKenzie on the other hand has really improved dramatically in the past year. She seems to be much more versatile than Asia and has better technique. Plus she's just so super cute and funny!

FORT Fogey

Even Abby doesn't seem to think that much of Asia's technique--she keeps talking about her legs and her sickled feet--though she likes her stage presence. Personally, sometimes Asia's stage presence seems a little over the top and mature to me. I was glad to see her sitting with the girls on the stage at the end with expressions and body language that seemed more like a little girl's.

I do wonder how well Asia would fit into a group number at this point, because, as has been pointed out, she doesn't seem to have a lot of versatility yet, and her big expressions might draw attention to her and away from the rest of them, which isn't necessarily ideal if she isn't supposed to be the key player in the group at that point (or if her feet are sickled and the judges notice more than her face). I think a lot of her success may also be determined by how her body matures as she gets older. It's been mentioned, for instance, that Nia has started to have more of a dancer's body as she's begun to grow up. I would think that whether Asia does the same or not might have something to do with her success at ALDC (or anywhere, for that matter). I don't mean that as a criticism either, since no one can control how her body changes as she matures, but some dancers, as well as people in other activities, find that the way they grow or don't grow ends up limiting how far they can go in a particular activity.

+ Reply to Thread