+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I was so proud of Nia. She was expressive and her body is turning into a dancer's body. I love that kid. It was a great group dance - I didn't even notice Brooke's confusion.

I didn't like the zebra cape thing that Abby put on Holly. I didn't think she needed a make-over. But I'd rather get a make-over from Abby than a date at a restaurant named 'flowers in the attic' with a cut rate Robert Downey Junior who proclames he is full of steal and sex appeal.
    GabbyG and Photobabe like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

I especially liked how genuinely pleased Nia was when the group number won, because I think it came from more than just the win. She'd done that whole poster board presentation on Rosa Parks, and I think she was really excited about telling her story through dance, so the win was truly important to her. It wasn't just that by winning they might get Abby off their collective backs but that by winning she'd draw more attention to Rosa Parks and what she now knew about her. I wish they'd do more numbers like that that celebrated important historical moments/people that the girls could relate to and understand. Some of what Abby puts out there may be a bit much for them to understand and thus portray.

Actually, I thought all the numbers this week were pretty good, though I felt the costumes for the duet were, as one of the moms put it, more Vegas than Broadway. However, I could see Paige and Chloe being good duet partners because they really do want to work together and at this point, they have a very similar look on stage in terms of hair, body type, height etc. which emphasizes the whole mirror/side by side movements that are often done in duets. And for the first time, Kendall seemed confident enough to throw some expression into her dance, though she still looks like she's trying to do that, as opposed to Nia, who may not be the best dancer in the group but who has genuine stage presence. Really, if Nia has any interest in acting at all, I'd like to see her try it. Her ability to move easily would be helpful in all kinds of stage work and it would give her a chance to really shine in the way she's able to project emotions and attitudes.

Oh, and count me in as one who feels sorry for Vivi. I think she realizes she really hasn't the talent to be a truly good dancer and isn't interested in being a mediocre one. I wish Kathy would let her choose her own activities, whatever they might be, so she could find something that interested in and in which she could excel. Maybe dancing just isn't her thing, even if her mother owns a dance studio. Maybe she'd be happier taking piano or playing soccer or doing ceramics. Anything where her mother wouldn't be hanging over her head every second and where she wouldn't have to be comparing herself to her mother's unrealistic expectations and her overwhelming competitiveness.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In my own family, I've learned that things don't work out well when kids are doing things, strictly, to try to please their parents as opposed to following their own passion. I saw my niece get trapped in that kind of loop. I had a stern talke with her about it, too, and she looked totally bewildered. It was sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I loved the Rosa Parks dance. I thought it had great choreography (from what little I know about choreography), and I just loved it. What a beautiful dance and representation. It was great fun to see Nia do so well.
    bamafan and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I agree, mesachick. It was a great episode, although I think Kelly is becoming unhinged. I will say the outfit Abby picked out for Holly wasn't half bad, although the scarf was too big and took away from Holly's overall look. Still can't stand Jill and the Candy Apple lady is a freeze-dried whackaloon.
    I don't care for Jill either ... not at all. Kendall seems like a fairly good dancer and pretty grounded which is surprising under the circumstances, but Jill is going to hurt her both socially and career wise.

I do like all of the kids, and hate that Abby really pits them against each other ... and then I end up loving how the girls are so close and supportive of each other. When I started watching, it was always Maddie v. Chloe and I was rooting for Chloe because she was always the underdog! I do think Chloe has a future in Dance or maybe theatre. She is a lovely little girl.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I can't stand Kathy! why is it ok for her to talk about people's children but heaven forbid anyone says anything about Vivvie!
    Other then the Kathy parts it was a good episode, really enjoyed the group dance, Nia was really good, it's been so fun to see her improve and grow. Maddie was also wonderful
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

To me, Maddie is always great. To make myself giggle I do the 'Maddie walk' (when she walks off stage) around the apartment.
    mom2 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Maddie and McKenzie in a duet - how cute was that! Kendall wasn't as impressive as last week. Michelle, the guest choreographer was pretty interesting. She clearly knows her Fosse. I also like how she stood up to Abby and kept McKenzie in the group number.

Why is Abby such a bitch towards Chloe? I really don't get what she has against that little girl. I hate the way she talks to/treats her. Ugh.
    mom2 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I bet feelings spill over from Abby and Christi's relationship and that's why Chloe sometimes receives the brunt of Abby's wrath. It's definitely not fair, but happens. I didn't like her exit either, but she's a kid for goodness sakes. Tell her and move on.

Brooke didn't seem sad in the slightest about taking a break. I think she may want to stay with ALDC for the camera time, not the dance time.

Why is Cathy and Vivi still advertised in the beginning of every Dance Mom's? IMHO, it's silly and they should be removed.
    mom2 and PA Snow Bunny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Maddie and McKenzie in a duet - how cute was that! Kendall wasn't as impressive as last week. Michelle, the guest choreographer was pretty interesting. She clearly knows her Fosse. I also like how she stood up to Abby and kept McKenzie in the group number.

Why is Abby such a bitch towards Chloe? I really don't get what she has against that little girl. I hate the way she talks to/treats her. Ugh.
    I think Abby treats the kids depending on how they feel about their moms. Abby and Christi have a relationship that varies from bad to worse, therefore her child gets it as well.

+ Reply to Thread