+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Interesting speculation!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If it's true that they learn the dances far ahead of time, then it's really inexcusable that they aren't performing them more cleanly.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Regarding the amount of time given to lean dances... Melissa just stated that Maddie had learned her dance in 3 days, compared to the other competitors that had months to learn theirs.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

If they are learning and stockpiling these dances, it would not be surprising for them to be rusty on them....to me, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't learn the dances in 3 days. I think they learn a lot of routines at the beginning of the year and then save them for whichever week Abby decides they will be performed. They then relearn/perfect the dance over the 3 days before the competition.
    Most studios will perform the same routines at every competition throughout the competition season, but lifetime makes them do different dances each week because it would be boring for the tv audience so see then dancing the same dances week after week. This does make it more difficult for them, but not as difficult as them make it seems.
    It's also rumored that this might be why at the beginning of the season Maddie didn't have any solos--she was busy learning them. Now Maddie is back doing solos so it's Chloes turn to be in trouble so she will not receive any solos because she is in the process of learning new solos.
    I hope something like this is true. I'd like to believe that much of this show is scripted and acted out...especially the crazy way Abby treats these girls. The only other reason I can imagine that these moms and girls would continue on each season with Abby, is if Abby is successful in having students go on to dance-related careers. She's mentioned her success on occasion in the past. Does anyone know if many of her students have gone onto dance careers?

She's mentioned dance careers and Cirque du Soliel; I remember her mentioning Cirque in connection with Brooke.

FORT Fan

Yes, Cirque du Soliel, that sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Yes, Cirque du Soliel, that sounds familiar.
    I remember that too but if Brooke's back hurts her so much at 14 how will it feel when she hits 24.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I doubt Brooke will be dancing at 16, much less 24. The stuff about Cirque du Soleil sounded like Abby's usual b.s. As lovely as Brooke is, she just doesn't seem to enjoy dancing. When she performs, there's no joy on her face. She just does the steps. I"m sure she would have quit already if not for the TV show and the contract with Abby's studio.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm curious, is working at Cirque du Soleil really that lucrative that one of the mothers would hope their daughter picks it as a career?

+ Reply to Thread