+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree756Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I don't know what got into me last night, but I found myself watching this show. I cannot stand the way Abby talks to the kids, but she does have some great dancers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of the things that I have noticed is how the girls don't usually react like they have hurt feelings after they have been reprimanded by Abby. It's almost like they understand where it's coming from. If it were doing such destruction, I'd think we'd have tears everywhere. Some of the girls do burst out bawling, but most do not. I think they know when they deserve to be "ripped". Kids are so much tougher than we give them credit for and they understand more than we prefer to think that they do. Even toddler-monsters!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I miss seeing Chloe dance solos. I hope Abby puts her back on the pyramid one of these days.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fan

And really not smart of Chloe's mom to get her to rehearsal a half hour late....traffic or not. Everyone else managed to get there on time.

Having watched this week's episode, I am really over Kelly. What an azzhat!

Absolutely! BUT I still wonder, as a mom, how in the world the mothers would allow that to continue? If you have talent, you have talent. You don't need ALDC or Lifetime to make it! In addition, as a mom, I can't see my myself utilizing profanity and hitting people with my bag, nor throwing water. It's ridicoulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It doesn't matter if they roll their eyes at Abby or whatever else. They're little kids. Nothing justifies yelling at them, insulting them and calling them stupid. Nothing. If Abby isn't able to deal with them doing what kids just DO sometimes, she needs to get out of the business. However you look at it, it's verbal abuse and it's not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    One of the things that I have noticed is how the girls don't usually react like they have hurt feelings after they have been reprimanded by Abby. It's almost like they understand where it's coming from. If it were doing such destruction, I'd think we'd have tears everywhere. Some of the girls do burst out bawling, but most do not. I think they know when they deserve to be "ripped". Kids are so much tougher than we give them credit for and they understand more than we prefer to think that they do. Even toddler-monsters!
    I have noticed that as well. That is why I wonder how much of what we are seeing is true. I do agree kids are tougher and they seem to get why they are being yelled at. Part of me also wonders if Abby apologizes when the cameras are off and says she is just in character.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think these girls are where they want to be. I also think that the moms would rather put their daughters where they want to be than to deal with the drama and angst that would come with removing them from Abby Lee's. Some people thrive on super-strong structure and discipline; some don't. I'm guessing most, if not all, of these girls have been with ALDC most of their lives. They have Abby's bark and their lifelong friends in this studio.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Abby's care for her Mom and love for Broadway Baby redeems her for me. While I believe she is a very tough coach ... I don't think she is abusive per se.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I loved that Derek from DWTS took a stance on this show It has nothing to do with dance and much to do with abuse.He was spot on.

Abby's care for her Mom and love for Broadway Baby redeems her for me. While I believe she is a very tough coach ... I don't think she is abusive per se

You can love your mother and Broadway and still be abusive
    mom2, GabbyG and Kiz like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread