+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 115 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
Like Tree756Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I am not sure if I will watch this one either. Losing a dog hurts so much =( The one thing I remember from the previews though, was Abby being upset because she wasn't with her dog. She owns that studio, so I don't get why she didn't have the dog at work with her. I know lots of businesses that the owners bring their dogs to work with them every day.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How did the dog die? Do you think he(?) would not have died had he been with her?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Too funny that Nia's costume - the one that Holly made and that Abby hated - won the costume award!

Man, that Black Patsy is a nasty woman. Who would think making snide remarks about someone else's kid in the middle of the auditorium was even remotely acceptable? She's worse than any of the ALDC women, including Abby. I feel sorry for her daughter, who's being penalized because of her horrid mother. Being kicked out of a competition like that - especially in your hometown - is REALLY bad.

I felt sorry for Abby in this episode. I've lost a pet like that and I know from personal experience that they can go downhill really quickly.
    mesachick and Photobabe like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I lost my 12 year old dog suddenly about six months ago and I was as sad as Abby, but I thought she was totally off the charts. I feel bad that she lost her pet, really I do, but she is one nasty piece of work.

I was shocked and appalled by how callous Kelly was about Abby's dog....."It's JUST a dog!" WTH??? Sounds like Broadway Baby would have died no matter where she was. It was very sad. I can identify with Abby's pain.
    sparklete likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Too funny that Nia's costume - the one that Holly made and that Abby hated - won the costume award!
    I didn't see the show, but Holly is known for having pretty good taste, so this isn't a surprise. Am glad Nia won an award this way - it's double because both she AND her mom won.

Man, that Black Patsy is a nasty woman. Who would think making snide remarks about someone else's kid in the middle of the auditorium was even remotely acceptable? She's worse than any of the ALDC women, including Abby. I feel sorry for her daughter, who's being penalized because of her horrid mother. Being kicked out of a competition like that - especially in your hometown - is REALLY bad.
    I feel for her daughter, but I would HOPE this is a blaring wake-up call for Abby because it should tell her that if she continues to act this way that SHE could cause her team to be disqualified if she acts this way.

Don't know if it'll happen but here's hoping.

I felt sorry for Abby in this episode. I've lost a pet like that and I know from personal experience that they can go downhill really quickly.
    I feel this way a bit with my cat (not as much as Dad's passing, but still). My cat was given to me by BOTH my parents, and I dread the day when she passes.

But Kelly IS wrong - especially if a pet may be the only companion and "family" you have. The pet passing can be very difficult and even harder if it's because of this.
    mesachick likes this.

Black Patsy is filled with extreme anger and bile. I'd hate to see what she is teaching her daughter through her behavior. The woman has issues.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Yeah I wasn't feeling Kelly at all. She obviously has never had a pet. One of my cats was 25 when she died, the other 24 - I was inconsolable for a few days. There were a part of my for a quarter of a century! They kept me sane through college, work life, and my control freak of a first husband. They were in my life longer than any other person, aside from family, which is exactly what they meant to me - family. So, I wasn't surprised at Abby's reaction. I do think however, that she could have appreciated what the girls (and moms) tried to do for her with a tribute dance. Loved that they got first place with the group number too. Black Patsy - wow! Words can not describe what a witch that woman is.
    Last edited by mesachick; 02-27-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

I wasn't feeling Kelly this episode either. In fact, I started feeling a little more sympathetic towards Christie (and Abby), and just irritated and annoyed by Kelly. I was also astounded at the level of anger and evil spewing out of Black Patsy towards Holly and Nia. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yeah I wasn't feeling Kelly at all. She obviously has never had a pet. One of my cats was 25 when she died, the other 24 - I was inconsolable for a few days. There were a part of my for a quarter of a century! They kept me sane through college, work life, and my control freak of a first husband. They were in my life longer than any other person, aside from family, which is exactly what they meant to me - family. So, I wasn't surprised at Abby's reaction. I do think however, that she could have appreciated what the girls (and moms) tried to do for her with a tribute dance. Loved that they got first place with the group number too. Black Patsy - wow! Words can not describe what a witch that woman is.
    I am the exact same way with my 2 felines. They are my babies. I raised them from 3weeks old had to bottle feed them. Their mom was a feral I used to feed who got killed so I took her babies in & raised them. They still suckle on my blanket every night & they are now 7.

Didn't see the episode but I will bet dollars to donuts that Black Pasty was very well compensated for her outburst.
    mesachick likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread