+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay I have only been able to see brief flashes of any reality tv shows so I am not up-to-date with anything. One of those boys Kathy had dance for her, correct me if I am worng but wasn't he a contestant on Abby Lee's dance showy competition? He looks familiar. Whatever happened to Justice?
    I loved Brooke's quote "My dance is called Carless because I care less about dancing". Okay so why is she still there if clearly she does not want to dance anymore??? Is this a case of a mom living through her daughter?

Yes, I noticed the same thing. One of those boys also participated in Abby Lee's all star competition. Seemed like a nice kid.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When Abby was cohosting on The View, not only did the girls perform, but their mothers were also in the audience. One of the mothers was from the competition show, but I didn't see her daughter; maybe just didn't recognize her because of the number of dancers and the dim lighting. It was the mother of the smallest competitor, Asia, I think was her name. Asia came clost to winning the whole enchilada.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am re-watching Dance Moms from Tuesday evening and the two episodes before. After listening again to Abbey have her little "chat with Maddie" about betraying her I once again shake my head. You cannot ask a little girl to disobey her mother. You could tell that Maddie was conflicted. When you are that young and are in the moment that entire conversation had to be confusing at the time. The language used by the adults is also SO inappropriate. The "F" word flies out of Christie's mouth as if it were a normal part of her vocabulary...Kellie too.
    Now I am watching the episode where Christie and Chloe are back. What Abby is doing to Chloe is inexcusable. There are so many mixed messages. I do not know how much is editing or for ratings, but after enjoying this show the first year it is no longer fun to watch.
    Cathy is a joke. I feel so sorry for her daughter. At least it seems as if she is not making her daughter dance this season as it is NOT her gift NOR does she want to dance. Unrealistic teacher...talented kids... battling moms.....Abbey and Cathy's feud ??????????????? Shaking head.

I felt that Abby calling Chloe "Blonde" and treating her like less than dirt was out of line. If she were teaching in a school, she'd be fired on her butt faster than a bull can gore a matador (and probably more painfully than being gored by a matador).

I'm interested in next week - I would LOVE to see Abby get her dancers disqualified quite honestly. It'll be no one's fault but her own and IF she blamed the moms or the dancers for it, then I say they all boycott, and if TLC tells them no, then say "we're going to quit." I think by now even a fine for breaking contract is better than what they're going through.

FORT Fogey

This show is going downhill faster and faster. Someone needs to step in and do something about Abby. Calling Chloe that girl and blondie was flat out abusive. You do not treat a child like that. What did she want the child to cry and be hurt? That is disgusting.
    Photobabe likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not only can we see Nia's body changing from when the show first began, I can see the maturity and improvements in the other girls' techniques. It's kind of cool to watch the changes. The are beautiful children/young ladies.

I LOVE they way that Abby's girls walk onto/off the stage! Sharp!
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I noticed Abby praising Nia's maturity in the way she asked to perform the duet when Abby was being interviewed privately. I wish they would have shown her congratulating Nia publicly, right after she made the request. She wouldn't have had to agree to the request. She could still have said,"I'll have to see about whether to include it this week or not, but the way you asked me about it showed me you're growing up. Good for you for behaving so maturely."

I did notice Holly remarked on the fact that Nia had won merely by making the request, regardless of what Abby did about it, because of the way Nia handled herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I felt that Abby calling Chloe "Blonde" and treating her like less than dirt was out of line. If she were teaching in a school, she'd be fired on her butt faster than a bull can gore a matador (and probably more painfully than being gored by a matador).

I'm interested in next week - I would LOVE to see Abby get her dancers disqualified quite honestly. It'll be no one's fault but her own and IF she blamed the moms or the dancers for it, then I say they all boycott, and if TLC tells them no, then say "we're going to quit." I think by now even a fine for breaking contract is better than what they're going through.
    I don't think I could stand to watch a dead dog episode, no matter how much I don't like Abby. My own dog's scared the crap out of me with a couple of emergency trips to the vet recently. He's okay, but I'm just not in the mood to think about what I'd be going through if he weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't think I could stand to watch a dead dog episode, no matter how much I don't like Abby. My own dog's scared the crap out of me with a couple of emergency trips to the vet recently. He's okay, but I'm just not in the mood to think about what I'd be going through if he weren't.
    I've had enough death and illness in my life in the past six months that most shouldn't experience in six years.

If I see this one, I won't see the dog part, but the actual dancing ... well if they have it and not go into full tilt harpy fest that leads to disqualification.

The show has gone downhill - and I think the moms have now realized the huge folly they made in regard to being on this show. The girls I think will be fine long term, but yeah... I see the emotional abuse Abby invokes on them. Experienced myself in school and honestly? - it can take decades to get rid of.

FORT Fogey

I'm wondering if anyone can answer this question: given the hoopla surrounding the show and Abby's (and the moms') over the top behavior at competitions, would some competitions start reconsidering inviting ALDC's team? I know their presence might bring a lot of attention to the competition, but it also comes with a price, in terms of the camera crews, possible security issues etc. Would perhaps some competitions not be willing to pay this price?

That occurred to me because a lot of the competitions this season have been Intensity competitions, which I assume are operated by the same franchise. Is that because the show has a deal with Intensity or because that franchise is more willing to deal with the show being taped at their competitions than some other groups are?

+ Reply to Thread