+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Blergh. I just found out that the routine everybody is talking about is mostly a rip-off. There was a competitive dance group that did a routine to Single Ladies (Dance 7 Years Old Original if you want to "search" for it) and Abby stole their costumes. The ones on this show are identical except she changed the original red to blue.

What a loser, I hate people who are unoriginal. I hate ones who steal the work of others even more.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Did they MAKE those costumes or did they just buy them from a catalog? If they're doing new costumes every week. I'd be surprised if someone was making them all.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

She made a big production of bringing out her seamstress, etc, etc. But that was probably staged as well. It definitely made it seem like she made those costumes.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

WOW. New mom showed her crazy butt on this episode. My own teenager responded to her "I am perfectly happy with my life" comment after digging for dirt on the other moms with "If she has to dig up dirt on people, she's not happy."

Then she had her daughter do an old routine without ever intending to tell Abby.

I have to think that Vivi didn't give the wrong dance studio on purpose. She just hadn't been told to say Abby Lee instead.

Then she left before the others were done, although they got there 2 hours early to support her child and make her feel like a team member.

Preview: The mom that reminds me of Ramona (Chloe's mom) going after Abby and Maddy's mom while Maddy is sobbing and another mom is holding her ... that's just horrible for the children to see that. Every adult there needed to grow up.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

well tonight will be my first and my last time watching this one...got roped into it by my daughter..these women are worse than the moms from toddlers and tiara's and I didn't think that was possible.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

This show makes T&T seem like a documentary where this is just fiction. Everything about the moms talking upstairs, the stilted conversation in the restaurant, all the confessionals in between - it all just comes across like it was staged. Toddlers & Tiaras plays out more like they interviewed them at home then they catch them doing all this unintentional comedy. This show feels like bad actors saying their lines. How many fake things can we count this week? The cake, the last-minute switcheroo of music...even the older daughter complaining about going to dance practice seems overdone.

I don't doubt they are as catty about each other as all get out in real life, but whoever produced this show isn't very good at it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Kiz

I have a feeling some of those pagent moms could give the dance moms a run for their money if they were featured over a period of several weeks.
    (I'm only talking about the reality show moms.)
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

OMG, how horrid was Chloe's mom tonight!? What a beeyotch. I cannot believe she actually thought asking Maddie's mom to pull one of her solos was a reasonable request. Chloe takes private lessons - she should have a solo because of that - and I don't see anything wrong with her also doing a solo like the rest of the girls do. Frankly, she's a better dancer than the other girls, so she deserves it. Maddie seems to be a hard worker who doesn't complain and her mother doesn't cause nearly the amount of problems that several of the others do.

Yelling and swearing in the dressing room in front of those little girls was so far beyond the pale of normal behavior, I can't believe it. I really felt for Maddie - it's not her fault she's a better dancer. That all came across as sour grapes and childish jealousy.

Speaking of childish, what is with Cathy!? She doesn't want to ride the bus and then she whines about not being made to feel like she's a part of the group? It's not like they ride on a yellow school bus or something - those are nice buses. I feel for her daughter too. She obviously doesn't want to dance, she doesn't have an aptitude for it and her mother doesn't seem to care.

Although I'm still not thrilled with how Abby speaks to those girls, it's really the mothers that are coming off so much worse on the show now.
    mom2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kiz

That's a very good assessment of the show, Critical.

A couple of references were made in this past show about Chloe's mom's drinking. One comment was by Cathy who said something to her, when she was finishing off a glass of wine, about her driving (others were drinking too, so she must have had more) and when Abby picked up the empty bottle of wine in the dressing room and told her she had to lay off the drinking. That's just sad, and I feel very sorry Chloe's daughters and the others who witnessed that awful argument.

It made sense to me that Maddie would get two solos, based on her practice schedule. That also meant she had to work twice as hard to perfect two performances while the other girls could spend all their time on one.

My favorite line of the evening from Mackenzie when she said, "I love dancing, but I don't want to go on Broadway. All I want to do is stay home and eat chips." What a cutie pie.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I think there's something to Maddy's mom ensuring that Maddy has advantages. Why did they only get their music at 8:30 the night before the competition when supposedly there was a week to get it made? She has said she's in charge of most of the things behind the scenes, so I could see her delaying some things over others.

That being said, there was no excuse to have a screaming fit like that in front of the kids.

I hope Abby doesn't ream that girl who forgot her routine. If what we saw was true, she didn't have time to practice the night before.

Vivi's mom. LISTEN TO YOUR CHILD!! She doesn't want to dance. You just want Camera Time. Get over yourself.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread