+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    All criticism of Abby aside, I continue to question why the mothers would subject their children to constant verbal abuse. Is this little bit of fame worth the emotional damage Abby could be doing to the kids? How many kids wouldn't have self-esteem issues after being barked at and called names by Abby for years?
    No kidding. I can't imagine any of my daughter's coaches speaking to the kids like Abby does. If the kids need discipline, they get extra push-ups in training. Honestly, though, the proof is in results. Over the past few years, I have seen a core group of kids who are committed and driven to excel and who prove their skills in competitions and tests, and they've done it with coaches who are tough but work hard to instill that committment and drive. If a kid needs to be yelled at and berated, then they don't belong there. But as I've said, you have to let your kids find their own path - support, don't micro-manage. You don't live your dreams through your children - if they have a passion, it's theirs, not yours.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The episode just started here, but I'm enjoying the moms giving Abby the silent treatment.

Christie likening Abby to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park and saying that Holly shouldn't move because they sense movement =
    sclilred1 and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't see all of tonight's story, but all I'm going to say is that even with even better dancers (older and more years on them) Abby is getting second places and the like. Honestly, if she can't figure out that in the real world that she is not the center of the dance universe then she gets what she reaps.

And I felt she was vile in her comments about the girl being "road" and the one girl who got (in my opinion a well deserved) first place "was the kill" went too far.

IMHO I hope these new dancers realize that the fame of being on TV isn't worth it and bail. Abby is not the only dance teacher out there and these girls are very good and I would HATE to have their chances be ruined by Abby.

And Abby IMHO made a false report to the police with "tresspassing" - because a. the official call is loitering (which yes, she'd have a case on) and b. it is after an extended period of time, more than a few minutes.

As far as the old moms - I hope that they realize enough is enough in spite of the money Lifetime gives them to be on the show and leave - for theirs and their daughters' sake. Sure the dance wasn't super strong, but the girls enjoyed dancing. If you let girls enjoy what they do they will get better. It's obvious to me from the "pyramids" and the expectations of first place only and like that the girls weren't having fun dancing.

FORT Fan

I can't imagine how changing all the moms and dancers at this point will keep this show going. I fully expected to see a little overlap with Abby's Dance Competition show, but to throw everyone from the prior Dance Mom seasons out at this point is ridiculous. I think Abby's gotten an even bigger ego than before (is that even possible?)

I thought the replacement girls were better than pretty much all of the previous team, save Maddie. Second place was pretty darned good considering they only had a few days to learn the routine AND they'd never danced together before.

That little one, Sophia?, could perform all of the steps and turns, etc., but needs to work on her artistry. She looked too much like a little automaton moving from step to step. Plus, Abby's right - what is with that voice? Isn't that kid 9 or 10?

The mall performance routine was BAD. Abby's not the best choreographer, but that routine was a million times worse than anything she's ever done. I'm glad the girls had fun, but I hope their mothers (and Abby) grow up and resolve this feud.

I have to wonder about the replacement mothers. Did they know their children were being used as immature retaliation? Are they that desperate to be on TV?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Sophia is pretty popular already so I can imagine that this was just a way to extend her fame. I have seen her on a few shows already and she has a huge following online. Supposedly she will be there next week and then gone. She lives here in San Diego.

But I agree, her voice is ridiculous.

I hope Allie stays. I really like her and her mom.

Abby is so fickle ... First it's all about Maddie, then Allie, now it's Sophie. And the girls you recruited fell by the wayside and were worthless in her eyes.

Another thing about Chloe improvising when she forgot a couple of steps ... she was doing what Abby told her to do the last time she forgot. Abby told her to keep going, so she did. So well, that her friends who have been in dance for years didn't even know it. But no, she's berated for daring to mess with perfect choreography. (UGH!)

I hate how the moms are being rude to Shellie and Allie. Have manners and class and welcome them in. Kelly decided to leave, they didn't push her out.

I was so pushing for that other team to win, because Abby is a egotistical ass. When she does interviews, I wish someone had the guts to call her out on the way she talks to kids. Calling them names like roadkill, cheats, sneeks, etc. just shows her to be a very petty, insecure person.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought the replacement girls were better than pretty much all of the previous team, save Maddie. Second place was pretty darned good considering they only had a few days to learn the routine AND they'd never danced together before.
    But not good enough for Abby - you're supposed to know your steps right away on demand within an hour of learning them. I'm a fast learner but even I took a year to learn some of my juggling tricks.

The mall performance routine was BAD. Abby's not the best choreographer, but that routine was a million times worse than anything she's ever done. I'm glad the girls had fun, but I hope their mothers (and Abby) grow up and resolve this feud.
    Won't happen unless the producers allow it or want it honestly. And if the moms ARE smart they'll just walk away from it because there are many more teachers who have a HEALTHY relationship with their girls (healthy here meaning they do not treat them as stupid for placing second in an obviously difficult competition - or do unless they're the anointed one, i.e. Maddie).

I have to wonder about the replacement mothers. Did they know their children were being used as immature retaliation? Are they that desperate to be on TV?
    They may not have, but the GIRLS did. Abby made it clear that they needed to be better than the girls that she replaced (and that the previous girls didn't listen to her but their moms more), and if the moms were smart, they'd be suspicious that the ENTIRE team was replaced at one time.

I do think she made it a bit clear to the Moms though that she wasn't going to take crap from them and again - the moms should deduce the same conclusion that the moms affected the girls' being there.

Can't wait to catch up with my DVR! Thanks for the great postings.

I did not think Abby could be more disgusting, I was wrong. Unless those kids have been told this is all make believe and they are actors, I would not allow anyone, anywhere speak to (or in front of) my children in that manner.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread