+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I HATE the mom's gloating. They didn't do a thing but sit on their behinds. Their CHILD did it. I wish those women would keep their mouths shut for a change. Eventually, their nasty attitudes will rub off on their daughters and that will be a real shame. Kendall's a good little dancer and she might have a chance if her mother would keep her mouth shut.

I'm glad that mom and her daughter didn't stick around. She clearly had no intention of being there long-term or she wouldn't have been such a raging bitch to everyone right out of the gate.

NO WAY should Paige be dancing on that foot yet. I can't believe that Abby would let her dance. After a month, she should be gently getting back to dancing, with maybe a little ballet barre or something low impact on her foot. I think it was terribly irresponsible of Abby to allow her to perform on that foot when it's obviously not completely healed. This is when her mother should be stepping in and saying no. Kelly should have had Paige back at the doctor's office to get checked out. If she's in that much pain, then something isn't right. I don't think Paige is a big crybaby, so her foot is obviously really hurting her. A broken foot isn't the kind of thing you can just shake off.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I am so sick of how passive agressive Abby is to Kelly, and equally sick of how easy of a victim Kelly is. Abby has talent no doubt, but she pits mothers against mothers, and children against children for her jollies. I will not even let my children watch this show, let alone would I ever let any child of mine dance for a woman like that. Paige and Brooke are such beautiful girls, but they never ever smile, and I think maybe with the other talents they have it is time to move on.
    GabbyG likes this.

FORT Fan

I wonder how true the comments are about getting blacklisted by Abby if they we're to dare to leave Abby's Dance Co?

And i can hardly believe it, but apparently Abby is going to be on another show...Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I wonder how true the comments are about getting blacklisted by Abby if they we're to dare to leave Abby's Dance Co?

And i can hardly believe it, but apparently Abby is going to be on another show...Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
    I will not be watching. I've grown to like the girls on Dance Moms, but I'm not going to watch Abby tear down more young people.
    Kiz likes this.

I think Abby is that was towards Kelly probably because Kelly is everything Abby isn't; a wife & mother. All Abby has that Kelly doesn't is her dance studio & 200 extra pounds. I really think Brooke & Paige don't smile much is because they are constantly caught in the middle between their mom & dance teacher. Abby was thrilled when Maddie & Kenzie went to that talent agent but not so thrilled when Paige got a modeling assignment from the same exact agent.

Not sure if I can watch Abby's new show but I can not wait for the reunion show next week.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think the dynamic between Kelly and Abby has to do with the fact that Kelly was a student of Abby's when she was younger. It's much more of a mother/daughter dysfunctional relationship than a relationship between a mother and her daughters' dance teacher.
    GabbyG and canadian_angel like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think the dynamic between Kelly and Abby has to do with the fact that Kelly was a student of Abby's when she was younger. It's much more of a mother/daughter dysfunctional relationship than a relationship between a mother and her daughters' dance teacher.
    I thought Kelly & Abby were close to the same age.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I have no idea. I think Kelly is early 40's and Abby is mid- to late-40's. Abby did start that studio when she was a teenager. If Kelly was one of her students, there would still be that dynamic, even if they're close to the same age. It's definitely not a normal dancer teacher/dancers' mom relationship.

I would like to know more about the real issues between abby and kelly. Brooke used to be the maddy, and i think that plays into it. I also think abby is extremely jealous of paiges looks.

Why are we still being subjected to cathy? Talk about a has-never-been.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Speaking of Cathy, you know for whom I feel really sorry? Vivienne. She clearly hasn't progressed in the way that both Mackenzie and Nia have. I'm not sure if it's because she lacks talent or interest or both. But she's not getting any better. And the older she gets, the more apparent it is that she's just a human prop that the other dancers move around. Pairing her with Justice constantly isn't helping either, since he's obviously a much better dancer than she is. I'm sure she understands all that by now too. But because her hyper-competitive mom owns a dance studio, there she is. I bet she'd be much happier if she were allowed to explore other activities and find one that she enjoyed that was far away from her mom. Even if she wasn't any better at it, if she could just do it on her own without having her efforts constantly on public display, I bet she'd heave a sigh of relief.

I've also noticed that while Cathy is in all the commercials for the end of season Moms/Abby show, I haven't seen Holly in any of them. I wonder if she just gave them a flat out no, that she wasn't participating in any catty bitchfest. Not that I think she'd put it that way, but out of all the mothers, I can see her being the least interested in such a thing, which is probably why, out of all the mothers, I like her best.

I wonder if Nia can sing at all. If she can, I wish she'd be allowed to experiment with some musical theater. She dances more than well enough for amateur musical theater, and clearly the performance aspect of dance is what she excels at and what she likes best--and that's not that far off from acting. It just lacks the dialogue.

+ Reply to Thread