+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

You are probably right, Critical, I get them mixed up.

I have only watched the past 3 episodes of dance moms, but is there a reason for calling Chloe (the daughter of the bleached blonde lady) a snake? I am not saying that it was right, but I didn't know if something happened that made Abby think that or is it just name calling? Kendall seems like a nice girl, it is too bad she got stuck with that mom. Hopefully she never becomes like that. They all act appalling--not good role models for their daughters. I am not sure Abby is someone I would want to train my daughters. Surely there are better places to go than her studio and one that would not offer abuse with the dance lessons.

Okay...so I had to watch to see what Chole did for Abby to call her a sneak....so what did I miss??/ I didn't see/hear ANYTHING coming from Chole. I am sorry but no adult should ever speak like that to a 9/10 year old. My daughter would be so out of that studio. WOW!!! I think the Moms are whacky but Abby...sigh...what can I even say to defend her. Didn't she also call brooke "washed-up"...she's 13...right???

If you look on their facebook page Jill & Kendal but no Kathy & Vivi...or at leasti don't recall seeing them. then again I need new glasses.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

If anything, Abby should be calling Christi, Chloe's mom, a sneak/snake. She's the one who's taken Chloe to the movies and let her play hooky from dance rehearsal or who waited until the last minute to announce that Chloe was going on a mandatory school camping trip when, really, lots of kids didn't go. Not that I think there's anything wrong with those things - kids need balance - except for the late notice about the camping trip.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Abby is just as much of a sneak as each & every one of those moms; more so because she is supposed to be the rock & glue that keep this group competative with OTHER dance studios but NOT with the girls in her own studio. Perhaps if she wasn't putting those girls in competitions every week where they have to learn anywhere from 1 to 3 NEW dances in less than 5 days it is astounding there haven't been more injuries & burn-outs. I am sick of the Candy Apples drama but even more so with the Jill/Kendal, Payton & whatever her mom's name is.
    The bringing out of the crowns...not cool. Same goes for the dance Maddie did for DDD. Abby could have asked to see that during one of Maddie's privates.

I really do think this is staged & scripted. Why esle would Jill & Paiged be "miked" if Kendall was only at the studio to take lessons & not be a part of the group.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Abby is just as much of a sneak as each & every one of those moms; more so because she is supposed to be the rock & glue that keep this group competative with OTHER dance studios but NOT with the girls in her own studio. Perhaps if she wasn't putting those girls in competitions every week where they have to learn anywhere from 1 to 3 NEW dances in less than 5 days it is astounding there haven't been more injuries & burn-outs. I am sick of the Candy Apples drama but even more so with the Jill/Kendal, Payton & whatever her mom's name is.
    The bringing out of the crowns...not cool. Same goes for the dance Maddie did for DDD. Abby could have asked to see that during one of Maddie's privates.

I really do think this is staged & scripted. Why esle would Jill & Paiged be "miked" if Kendall was only at the studio to take lessons & not be a part of the group.
    I think as soon as they're on camera and speaking, they slap a microphone on them. I'm tired of Cathy and the Candy Apples too. As annoying as I find Abby and some of the ALDC moms, Cathy's voice just sends me over the edge. She could haunt houses with that voice. She'd be the most irritating ghost ever!

I've seen other reality show participants talk about how watching themselves and their behavior on TV caused them to reevaluate and change that behavior. It would be nice if Abby would get some self-awareness and realize how poorly she's representing herself on this show. I can't imagine ever behaving the way she does and then NOT being mortified when seeing it replayed. Something tells me that she's such a narcissist that she doesn't think there's a thing wrong with anything she does - it's probably everyone else in her eyes. I just know that if any dance teacher of mine had spoken that way to ANY child and my mom found out about it, she would have yanked my butt out of that studio SO fast. I think Abby thought that this show would boost her enrollment, but I can't imagine that has happened.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Just a reminder that the episode of Drop Dead Diva with Maddie and Abby airs tonight on Lifetime at 9. I looked at the digital guide's description of the episode and it includes the following wording: "Famed dance instructor Abby Lee Miller testifies in the case." (emphasis mine) I can't stop laughing.
    mom2 likes this.

I was so glad to see someone stand up to Abby this week. Melissa was right - if she'd let Maddie do a solo, all of the mother's would bitch at her. It wasn't fair to expect Maddie to learn a new solo the day before the competition. It's bad enough that they're learning so many new routines in such a short amount of time, especially when their competition is probably performing routines they've been doing for months. I wish Melissa hadn't ended up apologizing to Abby though. She can be so spineless.

Although I thought Chloe's choreography was much better, she didn't really show any emotion in her solo. It was just one move after the other and no emotion on her face, at least not until the smile at the very end. Abby was right about the choreography for Justice's solo. WTH? It was awful. I think most of the Candy Apple's choreography is pretty bad, even the stuff done by those guest choreographers. Justice clearly won because he's a boy. I remember seeing that judging bias in action back when I was competing. A boy and girl could do the exact same routine the exact same way and the boy would win.

I really hate this ridiculous feud between Abby and Cathy. Why are they so focused on what someone else is doing all the time? I remember some studios that were really good that my studios competed against, but it wasn't a mean girls thing. I don't remember my teachers saying anything other than that those kids were really good and polished, so we needed to work even harder. The other studio wasn't the bad guy. I just think it's childish and detrimental to the kids to behave like that AND draw them into it. Plus, it's a horrible lesson in sportsmanship.

I think the "Vote for your Favorite Mom" contest (or whatever it's called) is laughable. It's pretty much "Vote for the Mother You Hate the Least."

I don't know much (okay I know nothing) about dance, but I found Chloe's performance more enjoyable to watch. Justice seemed to be jerky in his movements and his hair is just too much.

When Abby came in and berated Melissa/Maddie for Abby losing right in front of Chloe, I wondered why I am watching as the way Abby treats her pupils makes me so angry.

Speaking as someone who has never had any dance classes, all Justice seems to do is lift his leg up to his face and hold it there a moment.

Abby really does strike out at Chloe, instead of telling her that the tenth of a point win was because he was a boy, she chose to berate her dancer again for causing the whole studio to fail.

I enjoy watching Chloe dance more than Maddie, although I acknowledge Maddie's talent. It's just that Maddie seems to do the same faces over and over, and Chloe is more graceful in her movements to me.

Absolutely love Nia. So glad Abby finally gave her props for being the only one to get a standing O.

Jill ... will she ever see that she is Kendall's worst enemy? Love the kid, can't stand the mom.

Naughty Paige and Brooke ... how dare they get injured when Abby is counting on them! I hope we will eventually get to see a Chloe/Paige duet.

Why is Cathy still there? Vivi is a prop, and if Cathy doesn't believe it then accept Abby's challenge and put Mackenzie and Vivi in the same solo competition. So done with Apples.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread