+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    This is why I wish Melissa and Abby would drop the "jealousy" argument. I don't believe these girls are jealous of each other. Don't jeopardize friendship by instilling a seed of doubt in the girls.
    I thought it was so sweet in the last episode when Maddie said that watching Chloe dance makes her so happy. It's a miracle that the vitriol of the mothers hasn't seemed to have affected the daughters.....yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I wonder why they don't show Brooke's solos, especially when she places near the top?? I guess for whatever reason she has a secondary or background role in the show. It seems strange. Her choice maybe?
    Probably pettiness because she considered quitting for cheerleading. I still to this day wonder if Brooke actually was forced to leave cheerleading due to a contract with Lifetime (if not her mother and Abby to begin with).

I loved getting the quick peek of Chloe and Maddie in the wings, on opposite sides of the stage, signaling to each other before Chloe performed her solo...then again before Maddie performed. They truly seem very close. It's such a contrast, seeing them encourage each other and root each other on, despite the behavior of Abby and the moms.
    I love watching these two because for them it's friendly competition and they'll congratulate each other regardless.

It's my hope and prayer for these two they KEEP this attitude on stage and in real life. They both shine really beautifully in dancing BECAUSE they know what's important - and it ain't being No. 1 like Abby thinks.

I feel bad for the kids as they don't have a say in this. Really it is the parents and that drill Sgt of a dance teacher that is to blame. You can be firm but polite. This is not the Army teacher!
    Merry Christmas!

JMHO, but the girls are young enough now to be supportive, etc, however, when they get older I wonder if their mom's attitudes will rub off on them.

FORT Newbie

Holy crap this episode. Jill is a total nutbag. She doesn't even GET it "Abby is acting like a total baby" really? As she stormed out the door again?!? But I was really impressed with the quality of dance we saw showcased in this episode.

Looking forward to next week's (well in two weeks) because Im dying to know why she called Chloe (or was it Paige? I can never tell them apart) that she was a sneek...

Who has one person bring in their awards to flaunt in front of their friends. Those mothers must be getting paid a lot to put up with the crap that Abby spews. I wanted to cheer when Holly took Abby to task for being critical of Nia's hair.

After watching the dancers on Bunheads, I think Abby shouldn't be so full of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Who has one person bring in their awards to flaunt in front of their friends. Those mothers must be getting paid a lot to put up with the crap that Abby spews. I wanted to cheer when Holly took Abby to task for being critical of Nia's hair.

After watching the dancers on Bunheads, I think Abby shouldn't be so full of herself.
    I thought Holly was out of line. Nia's hair was a mess - or it was during that rehearsal (I thought it looked fine during her solo at the competition) - and if Abby wants her to make it look neater, that's her prerogative as the teacher. I thought Holly getting personal and attacking Abby's looks (which is just a low blow and a cheap shot, IMO) was very juvenile.

I don't like that Abby flaunts Maddie's awards. She clearly didn't understand why Melissa was upset. It's not about smashing Maddie down, it's about not rubbing Maddie's accomplishments in the faces of the other girls and making all of them uncomfortable. There's a difference between being proud and being arrogant. Maddie's obviously proud of herself and likes winning, but she clearly felt bad that Abby was showing off her crowns.

I thought Nia's solo was okay. She's got tons of personality, but she's not up the level of the other girls, technically. Paige's solo was good, but there were a few places where she was sloppy. I was glad that Abby saw her in a different light and gave her tougher material. Paige won't ever improve of she's not challenged and I thought that solo was a good first step.

Jill is out of control! I feel so bad for Kendall that her mother does nothing but alienate everyone. You could see how embarrassed Kendall was at her mother's behavior. In what world is it acceptable to just barrel into a class and demand that your kid be placed in a competition group? I couldn't believe she just barged into Paige's solo rehearsal. If it had been Kendall's rehearsal and one of the other mothers had done that, Jill would have flipped out. I liked that Christy pointed out - when Abby cut Kendall and Nia from the group number - that it was Nia who had more of a right to be upset about being cut. I think Kendall has lots of talent, but her mother is ruining chances for her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Jill is a nutcase - what she is doing to that child is unbelievable. So sad. It seems that Nia is really popular amongst the other girls and there doesn't seem like there is much in-fighting like the moms do.

Killed me to see Paige (or Chloe) with a broken foot/ankle - I just had that recently and it was horrible - and I'm not a dancer or that young for that matter.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Is it me or do all the dances that Khloe and Maddie do look the same every week. I don't see anything different in the choreography. Just different music.

I'm sure it's a function of them having to perform a new routine every week. Abby focuses on Chloe's and Maddie's strengths, which is why she uses the same moves. Really, I don't know many choreographers who could keep up with the pace of new dances every week and have them NOT start to look the same. It also makes is easier for the kids to remember.

I enjoyed the vampire routine a lot. I thought the choreography was visually interesting and the kids did a great job. No one pulled focus in a bad way, which is unfortunately what Nia does at times.

+ Reply to Thread