+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 114 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    My daughter's Facebook Post:

Dance Moms in a nutshell:
    Maddie will be performing a 3 hour solo entitled "Winner" while wearing a custom- made tutu by a world renowned fashion designer, and will perform for the rulers of every nation in the world. Chloe/Paige/Brooke/Nia will be performing the Macarena in a burlap sack.
    They will compete against each other.
    If Chloe/Paige/Brooke/Nia doesn't win, she will be fed to the sharks.
    If Maddie doesn't win, Abbie will eat all of the judges, and then give Maddie the crown/trophy, anyway.
    I think your daughter summarized things quite nicely!

As much as I DO think Maddie deserves the attention and praise, I hate how Abby gives the other girls NO attention and NO praise...and if she does, it seems like she's doing them some giant favor.

Their children have been taking dance with Abby for so long, but those moms still don't know how to speak with her. Why couldn't Kelly have said, "You know, we worked on Paige's routine, but could we book a little time for her to review it with you, just to make sure it's as good as it could be?" Instead, Kelly behaved like a teenager and it was Paige who got yelled at.

I don't particularly like Jill, but I think the way Kendall is treated sucks. She's a good little dancer. It was obvious from the beginning that Cathy took them on as a "screw you" to Abby, but the way she spoke about Kendall was really rude. If she had a problem with Kendall marking during her rehearsal, why not just tell her that she needs to dance full out instead of just bitching about it later? How is Kendall ever going to learn? It's obvious that Jill really wants the best for her daughter, but I wish she'd go about it in a different way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Unfortunately, Jill and Kendall seem to be pawns in the battle between Abby and Cathy. That said, I thought Jill's behavior at the competition with all the crying, whining, and complaining was over the top.
    bearwme1 and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Unfortunately, Jill and Kendall seem to be pawns in the battle between Abby and Cathy. That said, I thought Jill's behavior at the competition with all the crying, whining, and complaining was over the top.
    Oh, absolutely. I can identify with her frustration, but she's not helping her daughter behaving like that.

Really, Jill seems to not understand the hierarchy at dance studios. You generally don't walk in the door and just have the kingdom handed to you. You have to work hard and pay your dues AND work to not alienate anyone. Jill just waltzes in and expects Kendall to be the star of everything and, when she's not, Jill is so rude an abrasive. It's not making her any friends.

According to Jill's bio on the official site, she has two kids at Abby's (the bio is old, so I'm sure one of the two is Kendall). I wonder why we never hear about the other daughter who dances for Abby.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fan

Abby was in the audience of SYTYCD tonight. Nigel mentioned her dance studio when talking about the male judge's comments, then they flashed to Abby.

I wonder why Abby was there. I know Miranda from last season was one of her students, but I don't think any of the current contestants are hers. She's probably just angling for more TV face time.

FORT Fan

Probably just that...more TV face time.

OK is Melissa pregnant?
    LovinrealityTV likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

For those who watch Drop Dead Diva (I do), on tonight's show, Abby arranges for the girls to audition for DDD.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I'm watching the repeat of last week's show and had to laugh when Cathy talked about Jill and said something like "She's rude and opinionated and thinks her daughter is a way better dancer than she really is." Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
    mom2 and sclilred1 like this.

FORT Newbie

I'm going forward and rewinding, and then forward and rewinding...And I think that Melissa HAS to be pregnant. I keep rewatching old episodes, but when she was wearing that black and white stripey number, you could see a VERY obvious bump.

+ Reply to Thread