+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I realized last night that I can no longer stand to watch my favorite train wrecks. Abby set Chole up for failure & that is NOT okay by me. This was an unfamiliar dance competition out of their region, Chole was dancing at a higher age bracket than she normally competed in plus she was given 3 new routines to do. Even Maddie never did 3 different dances in 1 competition. The trio was always Paige, Nia & Chole. Abby could have easily traded Maddie for Chole in that number instead she chose to replace Nia with Brooke.
    Just like with the Real Housewrecks I am DONE with this show.
    mom2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I thought the trio was always Maddy, Chloe, and Paige.

This episode certainly didn't show Abby in a good light ... again. You'd think that by now she'd lighten up at least for her business. Flat out busted last season showing favoritism and her response is "I'm over it." How nice that she gets to decide when it's over.

Funny that Melissa said Abby lied to her, but refused to confront her about it. I'm not so sure she lied, and even if she did Melissa wants to blow it off so her girls can continue to be favored. The last thing she wanted to do was confront Abby. I'm over the "they're bullying me" whine from her.

Maddy is getting burned out. Melissa and Abby need to back off her and let her breathe, or she'll be out forever.

Chloe needs to take it as a challenge whenever Abby tries to bully her, smile and win just to spite her.

Paige and Brooke have a weird relationship with Abby, I think they used to be favored until Maddy and Melissa came on the scene with her suck up routine.

Nia needs to continue being Nia. Love her! Hated that they had her do the death drop while she was behind everyone so nobody could see her.

I wish we could see the score sheets after the competitions, because many times her choreography just plain sucked, but she would blame the kids. (It's never in any way, shape, or form Abby's fault.)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

OOPS! Forgot to add that in one of the reruns, where they competed in Miami, they showed Hannah! I couldn't tell if it was Jessie or Hannah, but my girls said it was Hannah.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I realized last night that I can no longer stand to watch my favorite train wrecks. Abby set Chole up for failure & that is NOT okay by me. This was an unfamiliar dance competition out of their region, Chole was dancing at a higher age bracket than she normally competed in plus she was given 3 new routines to do. Even Maddie never did 3 different dances in 1 competition. The trio was always Paige, Nia & Chole. Abby could have easily traded Maddie for Chole in that number instead she chose to replace Nia with Brooke.
    Just like with the Real Housewrecks I am DONE with this show.
    I'm pretty sure she has - the group, a solo and the trio - in at least one competition.

I have more of a problem with Abby crowing about how they're representing HER name and the reputation she's worked to build over (was it?) 17 years. Yeah, no pressure there. Jeez. They're little kids. Of course that kind of pressure will make it harder We've seen that even Maddie can crack under too much pressure.

I understood why Melissa didn't want to confront Abby with the other moms standing around egging her on. She did say that she preferred to deal with that privately with Abby. The moms were taking that are their fight and it's not.

While I agree with Abby when she said (about Maddie) "Some kids are just special," I didn't think it was appropriate to say in front of the kids. Not that that's ever stopped ANY adult on that show from saying whatever they want.

UGH, Cathy's back. That woman's voice sends me to my remote control like nothing else. What is with all those little girls wearing all that heavy makeup in class? They looked like Vegas showgirls.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm not sure who I disliked more last night; Abby or Kelly (that's her name right, the one who keeps yelling at Abby for being fat?). Seriously, is she 12?

Tv show or not, those kids need to get away from Abby. All she does is berate the moms to the kids, and that is never okay. She punishes the kids for the moms actions - especially when they are right!

It would seem to me that if Kelly knew Abby this long - she was Abby's student, and her girls grew up with Abby as their dance teacher - that she would know how to work Abby better. And it would seem that Abby would have a better relationship with Paige and Brooke than we see. Also, I thought it was telling that when one of the girls was in the hospital, Abby was right there.

I am so tired of the fat comments. Get a new comeback. You sound like Cathy.

In my opinion, the choreography sucks. Take responsibility for it, Abbs.

Melissa really showed herself in this episode, didn't she? Telling on the other moms while assuring Abby that "It just hurts me when they talk about you." I about threw up. I wish she'd gotten caught putting Maddy up to asking for a solo, although Abby would have spun it so that she could let her do it anyway.

Once again, no one is upset at or jealous of Maddy. They are upset that the girls are not treated evenly. There's a big difference. I loved how Maddy disappeared when Abby and Melissa started trashing the others.

I think we had a Cathy free episode ... NICE! Can't stand her slimy voice or Jill's sickly sweet one either. Pity we can't have Kendall without her mother.

I hope Nia and Mackenzie are at the top of the pyramid, although I know it will be Maddy because she kept dancing.

After last night, I have to say a few things:

1. Abby shouldn't have said that there were two schools coming to compete against them to beat them. Way to put pressure on the girls: They weren't going to win with that.

2. The dresses thing was IMHO producer manipulation - I think even Paige and Chloe knew that, and THAT speaks volumes (as whomever had the green dress in the end bluntly said it didn't fit her and she wanted the other to wear it).

3. Nia has improved by leaps and bounds and ninth place in this recent competition is something to be proud of - it looked like tough competition. Maddie and Mackenzie's dances too were beautiful.

4. I call BS on Abby pulling the contract on Kelly: Kelly has been doing this attitude for so long that she would've gotten rid of her by now via that contract if it were NOT the fact producers probably have a contract with her. But Kelly IS right: You don't throw a chair at or near a dancer - when Abby did is technically child endangerment/abuse. It is IMHO as bad or worse as Coach Knight choking that one basketball player in NCAA.

5. I REALLY REALLY feel bad for Mackenzie tonight: here she finally wins a dance (and in spite of Miss Abby Blowhard's insulting comments and the like in PI "Oh and Mackenzie just... try to remember the routine), and Abby just waylays into the other dancers.

That said if Mackenzie is Kelly's daughter (been a while since I've seen the show), I'm sadly not surprised - nor surprised Kelly said what she did to Abby afterward on the dresses.

I don't agree with Kelly on many things - but tonight she was very spot on with her assessments. Silver spoons could've had different outfits that were cute (heck leotards and tutus would've worked) and they match and the fracas not been there and then the other nonsense.

6. Abby - these girls have a life outside of dance. If they want to go to a movie - let them: YOU STILL GET PAID FOR THAT DAY if they don't dance. You're NOT hurt, the girl is.

Also, Abby - these girls should be taught to do their best and the standings don't matter. Kids do BEST when told good job and then constructive criticism on what they need to do better. Problem is - these girls will continue to lose to better prepped schools because you are constantly saying "That's not good enough, you should be winning against these teams that want to beat us (and not friendly competition tone either), if you're not going to win, don't bother wasting your time."

In all honesty - Abby is getting to the point that she will need to keep this show going if she wants to keep her studio in business. If I saw any of these actions in the studio - off camera or played up for it, my son/daughter would be O - U - T of there.

Cute little Mackenzie is Maddie's sister. It really surprised me that Abby didn't fawn all over Mackenzie because of that fact alone. Maddie and Mackenzie's mom irritates me. Talks to Abby about how horrible the other moms speak of Abby when she is right there with them voicing her own distaste of Abby at times. The whole "my kids love you Abby!" to her face and then "my kids are scared to death of her" behind her back is very passive aggressive in my opinion. Abby really does need to come up with better choreography for these girls. All of them are great dancers but between the routines and the costumes it is going to be very difficult for them to constantly be in the top at any of the competitions. Also the "three days" to learn the new routines, absolutely stupid.
    mom2 likes this.

Hey you guys, I think the competition they went to this week was really important. Just a feeling I got.
    mom2, GabbyG and sclilred1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am seriously hoping I haven't heard or read right and they did a "Hunger Games" inspired dance?

Yes, the music is quite good and intense, but seriously that is just a tasteless idea of having any of the dancers "Kill" another dancer.

+ Reply to Thread