+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Criticizing Kelly for being too thin is just as bad as criticizing Abby for being too heavy.

I really like the DM Miami series. Angel and Victor (the instructors) are so great and supportive of the dancers, while still being tough on them.

I agree that Hannah is obviously less talented than the other girls, but I think it's great that the instructors are as supportive of her as they are of everyone else - kids should be encouraged to do the things they love, whether they are going to be stars at them or not.
    I know, but that wasn't my point. It was that before she criticizes Abby, Kelly needs to take a long look at her appearance. (and having nearly become anorexic myself, I'm making a cautious observation on her weight).

I will say though I do agree that I like the Miami version more because no matter how good/bad they do the teachers are supportive. I've noticed here a similarity at home - we have a school with two teams. One the coaches are tough but congratulate the team win or lose (like the Miami guys). The other is critical and blames the kids for many things - most not their fault (Abby).

Result? - unless they meet up with a team that is just simply superior, the team that has the positive coaching goes further.

We've had a lot of mixing of the discussion between this thread the thread for the Miami version. Do you guys want those threads merged?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Ah I'm sorry I didn't realize there was a separate thread for the Miami version!

It's not a big deal. I was just asking, in case everyone would rather have the threads combined.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I like having 2 of them. I like to discuss Abby and company in here and Miami in the other one. Just my opinion and my world won't crash if they do combine.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just thought I'd ask and see what everyone preferred. We can keep them separate if everyone wants it that way Is Miami ending before PA starts back up or will they be airing concurrently?

Looks like everyone was back in the preview I saw yesterday.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

2 hour season premire tonight!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Unfortunately, the first hour is Abby's top "OMG" moments, which all seem to involve people screaming at each other. It's like a compilation of the things I most hated about the entire first half of the season all in one hour. I lasted about 5 minutes before I had to turn it off. I have not missed Abby.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

I believe Abby is even nastier than before.
    carolinamom12 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread