+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 114 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I know, but I mean will the show go on to season 3?

Nevermind, I just saw the answer on a commercial. Season 3 will be in June.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

LOL and evidently Jill is tweeting that she has signed on for something like 16 episodes. Wouldn't that be two years? How many episodes do they do a season?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Glad Chloe got the scholorship-interesting to see Maddies reaction to not getting the scholorship. It's a good learning experience for Maddie. I think Abbey has set Maddie up to believe only Maddie deserves top recognition. I don't think Maddie was prepared or expected to hear the Joffree people tell her she had areas which needed improvement and at this point she is not ballet material.
    Well I have noticed Maddie is always very happy for any girl. She is one of the first to help out when someone is in trouble. Because she gets more attention from Abby I feel the show is making viewers to root for Chloe and want Maddie to fail. I like all the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Juicy gossip (to add to our belief that this is all horribly scripted):

Maddie got a scholarship as well. They chose not to tell her till after her solo and after she'd heard on speaker phone that Chloe got one which would lead her to believe that she did not get one. Again, all before she went on to dance her solo. That's just wrong.

?
    OMG That is just plain wrong. So mean. Poor thing. I am glad she also got a scholarship. Thanks for posting.

I am now watching Dance Moms Miami not very far into it but had to say why again a Top 5 board? First impression I like Hannah. Poor girl is at the bottom. Will we see Abby and her girls during the comps? I think they will make sure that they are not.
    Last edited by CrazyDutchWoman; 04-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.

I've since learned more, there was some really messed up editing going on. They made it seem like Maddie was crying because she didn't get the scholarship and because she forgot her routine. No, the girl (all the girls) are stressed out! It's asking too much of children that young to learn all those routines so quickly and then attend school as well as just being a child. She was crying because she knows that Abby expects nothing but perfection from her, if you watch the routine she didn't forget her steps. She messed one up, the same one she'd been struggling with from the beginning, and out of fear of Abby's reaction she ran from the stage and asked if she could do it over again.

Personal observation here but Maddie and Mac do not get any sort of comforting from Melissa while the other girls do. Have we ever seen Melissa hug her girls? Show affection towards them? She always treats them like disobedient little dogs that need to be reprimanded when they cry or get upset. I think that Abby favors Maddie only because she's the only one without a mother comforting her. If you notice, Abby also favors Mac to some extent (holds her hand, gives her hugs, etc). Why? Because their mother can't be bothered. I think it's not exactly favoritism, I think it's Abby feeling sorry for those girls. I know I do.

Back to the scholarships.

The one that Chloe got was the generic "you have potential as a ballerina but need a ton of work" scholarship. It is given to girls with the right lines and promise. Maddie got one that is a bit more competitive. I just find it really curious that they didn't show that Maddie got one as well. What is curious is that in a post interview with Chloe, it is very clear that she forgot parts of her dance but faked it (the judges don't know the routine, long as the girl doesn't make a face and keeps the moves flawless they will never know). Funny how they didn't show that. They also didn't show Abby congratulating Chloe later on her win and scholarship.

The show wants us to hate Abby and hate Maddie while pulling for Chloe and her mother. Well they got part of their wish right except I pretty much hate all the adults on this show and feel so sorry for those girls.

I got this from the Dance Moms: Miami thread and wanted to respond to it here.

Harmony2000
    Melissa tweeted that Abby left before the group performance, her mother was in the hospital. The part that we saw where Abby is telling them that the girls don't need her and will be fine? That was right before the group performance. Amazing the scripting and editing on this show.

She wasn't even there for most of the drama, they added in clips later of her from before to make it look like she was.

So what would have been wrong with showing it as it happened?? Abby choosing to go to her mom during a competition would have been a positive thing. Maybe I just answered my own question.

I love all the kids, but I have opinions about them. Maddy learned a couple of expressions that she uses in all her performances. There's the angst one, and the super smile one. Chloe needs a bit of self confidence, Paige just needs to be acknowledged, as does Nia. Mackenzie just wants to be her big sister, and Brooke ... I'm not sure about Brooke. I think she wins a lot but it's not shown.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I got this from the Dance Moms: Miami thread and wanted to respond to it here.
    OOPS! LOL. I'm getting confused with the two Dance Moms threads. Need to pay closer attention, I thought I had posted that in here.

I think it will be interesting to see Maddie again after Mia is done with her. BUT, I question that since Mia will be teaching during July and this show starts to film again in June. Does that mean that Maddie won't be on the show? Chloe? Or will they not be able to use their summer intensive scholarships? They can't possibly do this show and all the competitions and still go to that school.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    OOPS! LOL. I'm getting confused with the two Dance Moms threads. Need to pay closer attention, I thought I had posted that in here.

I think it will be interesting to see Maddie again after Mia is done with her. BUT, I question that since Mia will be teaching during July and this show starts to film again in June. Does that mean that Maddie won't be on the show? Chloe? Or will they not be able to use their summer intensive scholarships? They can't possibly do this show and all the competitions and still go to that school.
    The show starts airing again in June. They're probably in the middle of filming right now. I'd assume the stuff with their study elsewhere either won't be shown at all or it will just be dealt with briefly. After all, that would take the focus away from Abby.

We've always known reality TV involved lots of editing, but the editing on this show seems particularly manipulative. I guess I have more of a problem with this show because children are involved.
    GabbyG and Kiz like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show starts airing again in June. They're probably in the middle of filming right now. I'd assume the stuff with their study elsewhere either won't be shown at all or it will just be dealt with briefly. After all, that would take the focus away from Abby.
    Ah! That makes more sense. I would hate to think that these fame desperate mothers would throw away an opportunity for their daughters to learn. This may not be THE Joffrey but it is still a very respectable dance school. Mia Michaels will be one of the special instructors this summer. From what I've read, even if you have to pay your way in it doesn't mean you are in. It is highly competitive so these girls did a good job getting into the program.

While I agree that Abby and the Mom's can be really awful, the one who drives me insane is Kathy. Kathy makes Abby and the Mom's look positively angelic.

I read a few posts on here that seem to imply this was the last episode of the season. It's not. This was episode 12. There are 13 in all.
    Last edited by Photobabe; 04-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    mom2 and its_glinda_now like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread