+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 114 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fan

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I know this show is scripted so I'm wondering, is there any chance Maddie forgetting her dance was planned, as well? She seemed genuinely freaked out after she ran offstage, but this was such an odd episode. I'm wondering how far the producers go. If it was planned, give the girl an Emmy for her performance.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I know this show is scripted so I'm wondering, is there any chance Maddie forgetting her dance was planned, as well? She seemed genuinely freaked out after she ran offstage, but this was such an odd episode. I'm wondering how far the producers go. If it was planned, give the girl an Emmy for her performance.
    That's what I was wondering too. They've faked so much, it's hard to know when it's real, but I can't believe that was an act by Maddie. Now Abby emotional exit at the end of the season was just too contrived.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I thought the entire thing was staged/faked down right to "not-the-real-Joffery" audition. I just found it convenient that not only did Cathy show up at that audition but she also shows up at the competition and has a girl doing the exact same routine. I found it interesting when she, already forgot her name Kendal? said "They sent it to us and we didn't get to fit it". Who sent it to them? The producers? The only way they would have known was if it was all pre-staged.

I enjoyed Dance Moms: Miami!

Victor was on SYTYCD. I recognize his name but not his face, at all. I liked how the guys seemed so supportive of the girls and I loved all the talk about how crazy the mom's were. I felt that some of the mom's were just being crazy to be crazy so they could get some airtime. Also, the dancing of this studio and the routines? Much better than Abby's. These kids could wipe the floor with Abby's girls and they aren't that much older. Brook should be dancing in this age group. The young kids who did the tango? I believe that Lucas and Kimmy are younger than Chloe and Nia. Their bios don't list their ages. Jessi is competing in the teen bracket and their group competes in the intermediate bracket because they keep the young kids out of it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Juicy gossip (to add to our belief that this is all horribly scripted):

Maddie got a scholarship as well. They chose not to tell her till after her solo and after she'd heard on speaker phone that Chloe got one which would lead her to believe that she did not get one. Again, all before she went on to dance her solo. That's just wrong.

Kendal and Peyton were spotted dancing with Abby Lee and the other girls a couple of weekends ago. So, what gives with the show making it seem like Kendal was now with Cathy and that Peyton had been sent packing?
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

If Maddie did get a scholarship as well, what a crazy way to edit/play it out.
    So not nice to have that play on Maddie's mind. Could that have been what was making Abbey crazy? Not that I want to excuse her behavior, but if she was seeing this all play out, she could have been not happy at the producers, the moms, Cathy, the outcome of the performances... it could have all been just too much.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeekingDuck View Post
    If Maddie did get a scholarship as well, what a crazy way to edit/play it out.
    So not nice to have that play on Maddie's mind. Could that have been what was making Abbey crazy? Not that I want to excuse her behavior, but if she was seeing this all play out, she could have been not happy at the producers, the moms, Cathy, the outcome of the performances... it could have all been just too much.
    I think you are onto something with that. I think that Abby was crying because she couldn't do anything to stop them messing with Maddie like that. Perhaps the others didn't even know. I just find the whole thing odd.

Melissa is very good at tweeting things without saying anything. In their contracts, they are very limited in what they can tweet about the show. So she retweets what others say (take a look at how she handled the whole lawsuit thing). That way it isn't her saying it. One of her tweets says that "they didn't show it for some reason" and "yes, she won a scholarship too".

And after a bit of googling, I figured out why Maddie got her scholarship. Remember that this is not THE Joffrey in Chicago. This is a ballet school that offers more than just ballet. Evidently Mia Michaels will be one of the master instructors during the summer intensive. Bet that's why Maddie was given a scholarship. Chloe goes the ballet route and Maddie goes the contemporary.

Holly sat down for an interview with Sister2Sister magazine a couple of days ago, if anyone is interrsted:
    Holly talks supporting Nia, overcoming Abby | Welcome to S2Smagazine.com

"We have instilled a sense of pride in Nia so she does not react in a way that lets Abby steal her joy or diminish her self-esteem."
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

After reading that interview I like Holly even more than I did.
    mom2, redsox girl and sclilred1 like this.

So, are we gonna get another season? Or was Abby riding off into the sunset in the taxi van the real end of this series? I hope not.

Finally, Abby got told and could not fight back. Busted.

I hate the idea that everything was scripted, so I'm gonna go on face value. (I am glad that Maddy does get to go, and I think it was a real stinky thing to do to a kid if they deliberately kept it from her to sabotage her solo performance)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think I posted above that Abby, her girls, plus Kendal and Peyton were all spotted competing together on the same team a couple of weeks ago. So no matter what happens on this show, evidently they are all still together.

+ Reply to Thread