+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I still believe Melissa's fiance is married. Why else would they get lawyers involved? I don't know, maybe he thinks his business would be harmed by any association with this show. It still feels like something personal vs. business-related.
    I thought I posted the answer to this in here already? I talked about it with a friend who watches the show so I could be confused lol. Melissa's finance Greg (she already took his last name by the way so google Greg with her last name to find out more about him) is married. He is an executive at Westinghouse. He is "supposedly" in the middle of a divorce and doesn't want to be seen on this show because it will make his divorce harder.

There are more holes in that story than you can imagine. One - the girls live with him! I would think that would make his divorce harder than appearing on a show. Whatever, the bottom line is that Melissa should have handled this like a big girl and said to those nasty women (and I do not like any of them) that he does not want to be a part of this show so do not discuss him. That is how an adult would have handled this situation but I've long since stopped viewing any of these women as adults. Every single one of them are just pieces of work and should be ashamed of themselves.

All that being said, I adore their children and I feel sorry for Abby having to deal with those women. If I had to on a daily basis? I would be hard pressed not to act like Abby as well.

And to answer to the comments on the show about Maddie being better because she gets more practice? Then pay for more lessons! Duh! That is what annoys me the most about these women. They whine and whine and whine but then they aren't willing to pony up. Abby spends so much time with Maddie because her mothers spends so much money. She knows where her bread is being buttered and is taking care of that money source. I bet if the other mothers paid for as many lessons as Melissa does, they would get more attention as well.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I don't think you posted that and if you did, I definitely don't remember seeing it! That's pretty juicy stuff and really, it's awful. I wonder what the girls' father thinks of all this. I can't imagine he's too happy about his daughters living in the house of a man their mother is, for all intents and purposes, having an affair with. I mean, she IS having affair with him if he's still married. Ick. Nice example to show your daughters.

I did some googling and, apparently, Greg gave Abby some money to help the studio, which may also explain why Maddie gets the special treatment she does. Still, I don't have a problem with Maddie getting lots of attention if Abby is getting paid for it. The other mothers want to cry "unfair," but they don't seem to want to pony up more money for their kids to get more attention. It would be one thing if the kid had two left feet and got tons of attention, but she's really talented AND her "parents" pay for more lessons. What dance teacher wouldn't want to work with her?

Something else I read said that Greg claimed they were not engaged and that it was something made up by the show. Who knows what the truth is?

Interesting that there are pics on Maddie's website of her and Chloe in routines with other dancers we don't see on the show. The girls they're dancing with in the pics seem to be older. There's no Nia or Paige (of Mackenzie or, I think, Brooke) in sight. There are also pics of Maddie doing what looks like a really cute tap number. I'd much rather see that than yet another contemporary routine. Abby does tend to recycle choreography, doesn't she?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You guys really need to see some videos of Chloe and Maddie doing routines. It is insane how good these girls are, much better than this show depicts. I saw one of Maddie that just blew me away. It's hard to understand why Abby goes on and on about that girl but then you watch a complete video of her (and not the snippet shown on the show) and you finally get it.

Chloe is good too but she is one of those highly technical dancers that seems almost detached. She reminds me of Danny on SYTYCD. He was a great dancer as well but his technique got in the way of his "emotion".

Critical - I can't believe I forgot to share the juicy gossip! LOL. My friend and I had a field day with it and I thought I had posted it here. I was stunned at all the information I found. I don't believe Greg. Why would Melissa have changed her last name to his? Why do those girls live with him? I think his lawyer saw the previous season and told him that he'd better get his name off that show before his wife (they are not divorced so she's still his wife) used it against him in the legal proceedings.

Not really sure why this is important since they all live together but Greg and his lawyer seem to think they are.

About the lessons, my eyes roll back in my head everytime Christi goes on and on about Maddie getting the extra attention. Sheesh, help save Abby's studio and pay for extra classes/lessons and I bet you'd get extra attention too. One thing I think of every time these women open their mouths, they are so bitter and jealous of each other that they will definitely need plastic surgery soon for all those extra marks on their faces.

I read somewhere that this isn't Abby's real competition team. She has more than one. She is known for her male dancers, not her female ones. I would have loved to see the other teams. Evidently that senior company that came in to watch Maddie dance is part of one of her older competition teams.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I found this video on YouTube of Maddie and Chloe: Maddie Ziegler and Chloe Lukasiak - Inside of Me - Dance Moms Duet - YouTube

You can definitely tell that they have practiced and practiced this number. I guess the producers think it's boring to show the girls dancing the same numbers over and over, but I'm getting a bit tired of them going to a competition every week. It would be nice to see something else, 'cause this formula is getting stale.

ITA that the mothers spend WAY too much time talking about supposed preferential treatment. They need to either pay for more lessons or get over it. I think Nia is a sweet kid and Holly is one of the more well-adjusted adults we've seen on this show, but I have to wonder if she doesn't realize that this is not going to be a career for her daughter. I can't believe that she doesn't watch Nia dancing next to Chloe and Maddie and see the difference in technique. She just is not up to their level. Maybe that will change, but probably not. I see Nia going into academics and having dance as something that just makes her more well-rounded.

ITA about Chloe. I always liked Danny on SYTYCD because he was a great technician and I responded to that. I don't think he was as emotionless as Chloe can be. She's definitely lacking in that area. She has very good technique, but sometimes her dances seem empty. She doesn't seem to feel the music or enjoy being on stage.

What I hope for all of these girls is that the experience of doing this show or dancing for Abby doesn't cause them to not want to dance any more. When it comes down to it, this should be fun!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fan

Whoa! Pile on Abby week! They lose to candy apples, the Joffrey dudes criticizes some specific things related to Abby's teaching, Maddie forgets her solo....did I forget anything? On the bright side, Chloe gets the summer Joffrey scholarship...good for her! What a way to end the season...with Abby heading home on her own, saying she needs a break.
    mom2 likes this.

All that being said, I adore their children and I feel sorry for Abby having to deal with those women. If I had to on a daily basis? I would be hard pressed not to act like Abby as well.

And to answer to the comments on the show about Maddie being better because she gets more practice? Then pay for more lessons! Duh! That is what annoys me the most about these women. They whine and whine and whine but then they aren't willing to pony up. Abby spends so much time with Maddie because her mothers spends so much money. She knows where her bread is being buttered and is taking care of that money source. I bet if the other mothers paid for as many lessons as Melissa does, they would get more attention as well.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are playing Devil's advocate in saying the parents are responsible for Abbeys abusive behavior. Abby purposely uses those children in whatever trivial deluded vendetta she has going. She FAVORS Maddie and clearly has a different set of rules for her-she comforts Maddie when she screws up but forbids the other girls from shedding any tears unless it's at home in their own pillows. She's infantile, dictatorial and so full of herself it's mind boggling. The incessant screaming is absolutely unacceptable. The cracks directed at Nia particularly tick me off. She calls the mothers names in front of their children and then tells them how terrible their mothers are. Who in their right mind does this?
    Melissa gets a discount because she `works' for Abby. I don't think the mothers have ever begrudged Maddie getting more lessons, I think their argument is Abby can focus all her energy on Maddie whern they are working one on one. But, When Maddie is with the other girls then Abby needs to pay equal attention to each girl. It's only fair.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-04-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

With all due respect I think Holly has a very realistic view of her child's dance abilities. What she is asking for is respect and equal treatment. A few weeks ago Abby chastised Nia for running off the stage when she forgot her routine (kudos to Nia for going out and finishing the routine on her own). Abbey's treatment of Nia backstage was inexcusable-you don't tell a kid to go home and cfry in her pillow and tell the girls comforting Nia and encouraging her to stop doing so. Or maybe you don't do it with such a nasty attitude. Yet, a few weeks later there's Abbey weeping and holding Maddie in her arms while Maddie is crying, comforting her and letting her know she's a champ for finishing the routine-then she let's out a zinger-and it's good you didn't make a big production about itlike someone else did a few weeks ago ( a fdir4ect reference to Nia that she meant Nia to hear).How childish is that? There's just nothing anyone can say that will ever make me see Abbey in a good light. Especially after the season finale. You are an adult Abbey, you do not go running off leaving your kids behind, you are their teacher! Her selfish whining about her reputation being ruined, seriously? That's the type of behavior you want these kids to learn?
    Most of the adults on this show are clearly nuts (although Holly seems to sdtill have some sort of grip on reality) and the kids are sweet. It's a shame they are left in the clutches of Abbey.
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and Kiz like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Glad Chloe got the scholorship-interesting to see Maddies reaction to not getting the scholorship. It's a good learning experience for Maddie. I think Abbey has set Maddie up to believe only Maddie deserves top recognition. I don't think Maddie was prepared or expected to hear the Joffree people tell her she had areas which needed improvement and at this point she is not ballet material.
    mom2, sclilred1, Kiz and 1 others like this.

I remember Holly saying she would like to pay for extra dance lessons last season but it wasn't available for them.

I'm watching the episode right now and it's just up to the Joffrey auditions. WTH is Abby thinking sending those girls into a ballet audition with routines full of acrobatics!?Abby doesn't seem to focus on ballet very much and I think it really puts her dancers at a disadvantage as they move forward. If they aren't getting a good foundation in ballet with Abby, they need to go somewhere else. Ballet is the foundation for everything.

I will say that Maddie's solo was a bit to character-ish and not enough ballet. I thought the judges gave her good constructive criticism as they did with all of the girls. I'm happy to hear that Chloe got the scholarship. She did beautifully and, although I like Maddie an awful lot, it's nice to see Chloe shine. She's such a sweet girl and even though Christi can be a bit grating, I think she gives Chloe great encouragement before her performances. They clearly have a very close relationship.

Once again, I really wish the adults on this show behaved half as well as the kids do!
    GabbyG and Kiz like this.

+ Reply to Thread