+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Does anyone believe that a scout from Joffrey is going around to small town dance contests trying to recruit nine year olds to try out for a free ride scholarships to New York? And that any of those mothers would send their nine year old to live in New York - - - without them?

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Does anyone believe that a scout from Joffrey is going around to small town dance contests trying to recruit nine year olds to try out for a free ride scholarships to New York? And that any of those mothers would send their nine year old to live in New York - - - without them?
    Well....on their official Facebook page, they are claiming no involvement with this episode, the show, or Abby Lee Miller. They are saying that the official Joffrey school is in Chicago with the company.

The proof is in the details....Joffrey Academy of Dance, Official School of The Joffrey Ballet is in Chicago. The Joffrey Ballet School is in New York. They are not the same although the show sure tried to make it seem like they were. The first is more prestigious and does not send out scouts.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 03-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and sclilred1 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

One thing. I am watching episode 11 where Melissa freaks out. I like Melissa. She is not as bad as the other mothers.
    I think there is more behind this story. it appears they have been bullying her. I will not forget that time when they were visiting the one mum with the short hair house and the 2 mums were so mean to Melissa. Christi? even told her to leave the house and the mum who's house it was did not say anything. I was disgusted by how those 2 behaved so I think there is really much more going on. Okay back to watch the last bit

Other than the feather fans, what were the differences between this week's group number & the fan dance? Both were equally as nude.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

The previews for the Dance Moms spinoff, Dance Moms: Miami, appears to feature older dancers with overbearing moms. I hope that's not the story line for the show.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    She doesn't - she tries to be diplomatic on issues, but Abby cuts her off to the point she just pretty much has to let Abby have her say.

I would think she'd have less self respect if she did overly attack Abby, because it stoops her to Abby's level. Sometimes the best way to have respect is to let others take themselves down attacking you.
    And she has taken Nia with her and left something before, such as the incident where the one gal goes to Candy Apples and ends up winning the head-to-head against Nia.
    I agree with you but, with some people, you have to let them know they cannot pust you around. Sometimes force has to meet a greater force to make it back down.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    I agree with you but, with some people, you have to let them know they cannot pust you around. Sometimes force has to meet a greater force to make it back down.
    True, and I see and have seen that point of view as well.

I think Holly too understands that what she says on this show can and will have an impact on HER career. Sometimes I think that too is why she discusses things the way she does toward Abby. Holly sees that if she stooped to some of the moms' level that her students, fellow teachers and most of all the ADMINISTRATION will see that and in the case of the last group, consider removing her from the principal job.

While I'm not too sure why she'd agree to be on the show, it's actually refreshing to see her on the show because it shows that while she and Nia can disagree with what Abby says, they show the RIGHT way (mostly) how to handle the situation. She can be a bit more forceful, but if it's a choice between that or risking losing her job, I'd rather her continue to handle the situation as she does. It's the longer term benefit - it's easier to LEAVE Abby's studio than go searching for another job.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Good principals are masters of tact. The principal we have now ... I admire her way of conveying a message without stirring up a parent's anger yet getting her point across firmly. Holly seems to me to be one of those principals.

I do believe Melissa is sneaky. And she never takes responsibility for her actions, just puts the blame on others: "Oh, I didn't send it, it's Greg's -or whatever his name is - lawyer" when we just saw the phone call she set up with him to send it. What's wrong with telling the other women, "Look, Greg does not want this engagement/relationship to be part of this show so we cannot comment on anything about it." No, instead this is her storyline this season. Maddy obviously has been talking to Chloe about it ... so it's not that big a secret.

And she and Abby keep harping on them attacking Maddy when NO ONE is attacking Maddy. They give Maddy props for being as good as she is, but they are saying that if Abby gave the others the same amount of attention then they'd be better as well. The only problem is, neither Abby nor Melissa can take criticism and prefer to deflect it by saying they're attacking a child instead of taking what is being said and dealing with it. Stop using "JEALOUS" as a comeback. Most of the time it's not true.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I do believe Melissa is sneaky. And she never takes responsibility for her actions, just puts the blame on others: "Oh, I didn't send it, it's Greg's -or whatever his name is - lawyer" when we just saw the phone call she set up with him to send it. What's wrong with telling the other women, "Look, Greg does not want this engagement/relationship to be part of this show so we cannot comment on anything about it." No, instead this is her storyline this season. Maddy obviously has been talking to Chloe about it ... so it's not that big a secret.
    Because that would require her to communicate like a normal person!

I still believe Melissa's fiance is married. Why else would they get lawyers involved? I don't know, maybe he thinks his business would be harmed by any association with this show. It still feels like something personal vs. business-related.

I used to like Melissa a lot more than Christy but, you know, at least Christy is right up front with who she is. She behaves the same in pretty much every situation. Melissa seems to go back and forth between being sweet and normal and being a complete nutter. Unless there was a whole lot that didn't end up on the show, her flipping out last week and leaving the studio was a HUGE overreaction. It reminded me of how a 13 year old would react to something.

I do still think that the mothers singling out Maddie is unfair. Yes, Melissa works at the studio. She does it so that her daughter will get private lessons. She's not the only mother to ever do that. Plus, sorry, but Maddie IS special. She just is. That kid is a star. Who can blame Abby for wanting to work more with her? Not only does she work her little butt off and dance beautifully, but her mother doesn't (usually) stir up a bunch of drama all the time.

The Miami version of the show premieres this coming Tuesday. I'm interested to see if the mothers are worse than the PA moms. It could be like the RH shows where the OC wives look like June Cleaver in comparison to the casts that followed!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

No one is denying Maddy's talent, just Melissa's character. I see nothing wrong with her working at the studio to pay for extra lessons, but from season 1 she was put in charge of getting the music for the others and was constantly and consistently late. Once is life, twice or more is suspect.

I disagree with "her mother doesn't usually stir up a bunch of drama all the time." I feel she constantly stirs the pot, so she can sit back and be the "good mom," when in reality she gets things going and runs to Abby with a distorted version of what happened. Case in point, Holly asking about her missing engagement ring. She was not being drilled - believe me, my mom drills on the slightest thing! - she was being included in the group.

I guess I don't buy her innocent act. That's all.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread