+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree774Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Seriously, I think Melissa is a freeze dried whack-a-loon. Does she have a job? I know that the other two mom's don't work and now Holly is taking a LOA from her job, but does the divorced Melissa still get supported by the ex or the new boyfriend. Am I allowed to say fiance? I'd hate to get a letter from his attorney.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone else seen the commercial where Abbie tells the girls they'll be a scout from the Joffrey Ballet in the audience? Poor Maddie practically turns into a nervous wreck over it. I checked the site for the Joffrey. Their programs for girls that age are by audition only. Even if they would have someone "scouting" for them (and really, it's the Joffrey--would they need to be doing that?), if they needed children for a ballet, they'd have plenty of names from which to choose already.

I know it won't happen, but I would crack up if Nia got an offer from somewhere like the Joffrey (and like I said, I know that won't happen). Abby's head would likely start spinning around as if she were possessed if that ever happened.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    No. Melissa only threatened to take the girls home and not let them dance that week because of some convoluted never ending storyline about her engagement or non existing engagement that the women questioned her about because she wasn't wearing her ring...blah blah blah. Maddie started to cry because she wanted to stay, so she just took Mackenzie home early.

They all returned...Maddie danced her solo, Maddie won, etc. Melissa's whatever..Greg..had his attorney send the women's attorneys letters telling them to layoff Melissa about her personal life. Melissa tried to throw Greg under the bus for the letter, but the camera showed Melissa calling him and telling him to contact the lawyer. Give me a break. It's gotten so dumb, I feel dumber having watched it.

There's got to be something odd going on with Melissa's relationship. I couldn't believe she went on and on about not discussing her personal life. Where has she been prior to that? That's all the moms do: discuss personal things. Besides, if you're supposed to be friends with someone, it's natural to talk about your lives together. Maybe she should just provide the rest of the moms with a list of topics that they may discuss in her presence--because neither she nor her lawyer can control what they talk about when she's not around and they're not on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    There's got to be something odd going on with Melissa's relationship. I couldn't believe she went on and on about not discussing her personal life. Where has she been prior to that? That's all the moms do: discuss personal things. Besides, if you're supposed to be friends with someone, it's natural to talk about your lives together. Maybe she should just provide the rest of the moms with a list of topics that they may discuss in her presence--because neither she nor her lawyer can control what they talk about when she's not around and they're not on camera.
    I'm speculating that the boyfriend saw her on TV discussing all the little details of their relationship and there was a massive blowout. Basically he told her to stop talking about them or they were done, or something to that nature. He's probably married or something which is why we never see him and she can't talk about him.

I found it interesting how nicer Abby was this past episode while the moms were crazier (somebody should tell them if they keep making those scowling faces that it will just increase the wrinkles on their prematurely aged faces). Either Abby is trying to spin a new image for herself, the editing has only shown the worse of her to this point, or the show is trying to spin its own image after all the backlash from the dance community. I think it's a combination of all three. The fact of the matter is that the dancers like Abby, they wouldn't like her if there wasn't something to like there that we are not being shown.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Finaly saw last night. Kristie I believe owns some sort of daycare center. Kelli I believe is a SAHM. Melissa works for Abby.
    I would doubt Melissa's "friend" would have reacted to what he saw being said on TV because the show was shot in the fall & I doubt they see each episode before it is shown on Lifetime. How can any of them be sued for just talking about Melissa & her "friend"? There is something called free speech in this country. The ladies were not saying anything that was slanderous. They just asked her about her ring. Melissa going to Abby = tattletale!

I firmly believe 100% that this show is scripted. If it wasn't why keeping showing Cathy? She is constantly miked. Film crew just happened to be there when Jill called to get Kendall into her studio??? REALLY...Lifetime you really want me to believe that? Funny...the girl that "broke" her ankle from Cathy's was also miked & did anyone else notice that Abby's girls were right next to the injured girl? That's weird because Abby told the girls to ignore Cathy & her troupe.

Kendall seems to be a really sweet girl but she really does look so much younger than the rest of the girls dancing with Cathy's older girls. I won't even get into how out of place Vivi & Justice look. Did anyone else catch Cathy saying...after a practice for these girls to leave because she has other groups to work with for a competition??? Now this is why I believe that this show is scripted. We are only seeing certain girls(boy) going up against Abby's girls. I still love it though.....sigh!
    Kiz likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Since I can't get Lifetime on my TV, I watch the show on my computer. Each weeks episode is available beginning the following Saturday morning. Until this week. They are showing episode 8 as the current one (that was the episode where Jill signs her daughter up at Candy Apple) And they are showing previews for episode 10. It's as if episode 9 doesn't exist!
    Looks like Lifetime is going to pretend that the episode doesn't exist:
    Lifetime Yanks Dance Moms Episode After Uproar Over Tween Showgirls Routine

Today 11:12 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

Is Dance Moms sexualizing youngsters for your viewing pleasure?

Hoping to stem a growing storm of criticism, Lifetime has axed a highly provocative episode of its reality series that aired on March 6 after outraged parents and critics objected to a segment featuring tiny tween dancers dressed as Las Vegas showgirls and performing a racy routine.

And you thought Toddlers & Tiaras was bad.

A rep for the network confirmed the shocking episode has been wiped from the schedule but declined further comment.

The Dance Moms brouhaha started after dance instructor Abby Lee Miller choreographed a performance in which the girls, whose ages range from 6 to 13, sported burlesque outfits that were see-through in the back and featured ridiculously oversized pink feather plumes to cover up their front.

For the routine, the kids were then taught to shimmy around and effectively make like "Lady Marmalade." (What's next, the cancan?)

The episode sparked an immediate backlash from child psychologists and various parent groups that suggested the Sin City–like display could encourage pedophiles.

Guess that's one demographic Lifetime can do without.

The controversy also bore out Katherine Heigl's long-running complaints when she wrote on her blog in January that the show was "demeaning" and "belittling," and that "all these girls were missing is a pole!"

Read more: Lifetime Yanks Dance Moms Episode After Uproar Over Tween Showgirls Routine - E! Online
    Lifetime Yanks Dance Moms Episode After Uproar Over Tween Showgirls Routine - E! Online

I love how the article quotes Katherine Keigl like she's an expert or something.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I also thought that Melissa's strange behavior to Cathy could have been a small bonding moment for Cathy and the rest of the moms ... "Yeah, we have no idea what she's doing either. Keep it up and you'll be in the attorney letter club with us."

If she wants her privacy so much, give it to her. Do not talk to her at all unless it's to ask her to pass you something or something else related to the girls' dance. I would continue my discussions with the other moms as normal, but give Mel all the privacy she could handle. (No camera time would kill her.)

One more thing ... If I hear Melissa, Jill, or Abby repeat that the only reason the other moms are like this is because they are JEALOUS, I will scream. Once you've passed a certain age, you should be able to acknowledge that another person's behavior toward you is not necessarily motivated by jealousy. High school was a long time ago for these women, and Mel needs to get over herself.

I'm also thinking that when Abby screeches inappropriately at the kids about the moms, the moms need to as a group go and get them for the day. She's so worried about losing her ringer, Maddie, how would she feel about the rest of them. Try to have a group dance with Maddie and Mackenzie. Oh, and "everyone's replaceable" ... put up or shut up.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Looks like Lifetime is going to pretend that the episode doesn't exist:

Lifetime Yanks Dance Moms Episode After Uproar Over Tween Showgirls Routine - E! Online

I love how the article quotes Katherine Keigl like she's an expert or something.
    Actually, I was hoping they would just simply yank the show. I watched it the first season but I can barely make it 5 minutes in the new. I'm especially ashamed of Holly. She's a principal! With that title she should have more self respect than to let someone like Abby take loud and obnoxious shots at her!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Actually, I was hoping they would just simply yank the show. I watched it the first season but I can barely make it 5 minutes in the new. I'm especially ashamed of Holly. She's a principal! With that title she should have more self respect than to let someone like Abby take loud and obnoxious shots at her!
    She doesn't - she tries to be diplomatic on issues, but Abby cuts her off to the point she just pretty much has to let Abby have her say.

I would think she'd have less self respect if she did overly attack Abby, because it stoops her to Abby's level. Sometimes the best way to have respect is to let others take themselves down attacking you.

And she has taken Nia with her and left something before, such as the incident where the one gal goes to Candy Apples and ends up winning the head-to-head against Nia.
    mom2 likes this.

My favorite part of this week's episode was when they would cut to the Joffrey scout in the audience. That poor man looked like he was bored out of his skull. I'm sure any parent who's sat through loads of amateur dance recitals and competitions could identify!

I really felt for Chloe this week. It's a dancer's worst nightmare to forget a routine on stage and now she's done that in two competitions.
    Kiz likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread