+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 114 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I thought it was interesting that they didn't show last week's episode just before the new one. They must have gotten tons of complaints about the whole showgirl theme ... that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't.

I was stunned when Abby told Holly that she was "expelled". To a principal, that means forever. Then she had the audacity to wonder where Nia was the next day after her giant mouth let out something she didn't mean. Nia rocked, especially for not having as much time as the others to learn 2 routines. I was so proud of her when she asked to go again. I loved the other girls on the sidelines supporting her, and poor little Mackenzie crying because Nia was crying. The girls are the most mature ones of the whole cast. So tired of Abby's "2nd place is 1st loser" ... unless it's all about her choice of choreography and costume, then it's a "life lesson."

And that phrase, "even Nia", ... that girl rocked and she needs to get a clue and realize how good Nia, Paige, and Brooke are.

PREVIEW ALERT:
    So I guess Melissa has her attorney send letters warning the other women not to discuss her engagement (even though obviously Maddi has shared some details with Chloe) ... wonder if it is a real engagement, or if it's Kim Z and Big Poppa all over again. Then, Abby has the gall to yell at the girls about "no one should talk about weddings or divorces". According to Mackenzie, Abby is the biggest blabbermouth of them all.

I cannot believe that Melissa would take her girls to Candy Apples. It's obviously an inferior dance team because they never win against Abby, so why would you put your girl there?? (Btw, I do believe the win Kendall had over Nia was Abby's choreography and costume, so no Candy Apple win.) "SHE'S A WOOOOORRRRRMMM!!!"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

A show like this will probably smoke out a some would-be kidnappers and pedophiles. But at what cost? How many children will be victimized in the process?

Nothing is more dangerous to a child than putting her on display like this. Any parent should have an intuitive awareness of this. Young girls everwhere are being endangered by this show to the effect that everyone involved should be removed from society.

Even JonBenet Ramsey's father now believes that he made a mistake in putting his daughter on display. And I can't say JonBenet was ever exploited and sexualized to the extent that the girls on Dance Moms are.

Children are being abused because we tolerate it. Indeed, we stand by and watch.

Jill and Kathy are equally annoying. I'm wondering how Kathy's other clients/dancers feel about Kendall coming in and swooping up the Harlem Globetrotter gig ... so scripted.

Jill's voice just creeps me out, and Cathy is that drama girl in school that did "good deeds" for others when the microphone was in her hands or the cameras were on.

Everyone seems to love Nia. As do I.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fan

So Holly, Christi, Kelly, and Melissa are upstairs in the moms viewing area having a fairly normal conversation and Kelly and Christi casually ask Melissa why she's not wearing her engagement ring and she totally flips out, tattles to Abby, and then storms out of the studio. It seemed a bit out of place. Seems like we're missing some of the story.

I'm wondering if the guy in her life doesn't want to have anything to do with this reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    So Holly, Christi, Kelly, and Melissa are upstairs in the moms viewing area having a fairly normal conversation and Kelly and Christi casually ask Melissa why she's not wearing her engagement ring and she totally flips out, tattles to Abby, and then storms out of the studio. It seemed a bit out of place. Seems like we're missing some of the story.

I'm wondering if the guy in her life doesn't want to have anything to do with this reality show.
    Yeah - what gives on that? Is he a gangster? Why is she being so weird about it - at first I thought she didn't want to make a big deal of the whole thing but now it seems more sinister.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Watching Cathy describe the clown number and call it a satire.... All I could think was "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I've never thought Melissa was the crazy one in the group, but seriously. WTH was that!? I don't think the other mothers are jealous. I just think they're interested and, considering the fact that she apparently tells them everything, I don't know why she's all of a sudden drawing a line about talking about her personal life. All she had to say is that she wanted to keep that part of her life private and that she would talk to them about it when she was ready. Unless things happened that we didn't see, her reaction was so far beyond what should have been a normal reaction.

All of Melissa's secrecy makes me wonder if her bf is still married. If that is the case and he's in the middle of a divorce, being engaged to another woman would be a huge problem for him, especially since it sounds like he might have a fair amount of money.

ETA: Just to add to the married thing, that would explain why we've never seen Melissa's bf/fiance....or have we? If we saw him, I missed it. I know we've seen the girls' father, but I don't remember seeing the new man.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-21-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Kanga likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kelli and the others just asked a normal question of someone they spend a lot of time with, when they notice she isn't wearing her ring again. Melissa freaks out, calls her bf/fiancee and tells him to go ahead and call his lawyer and send the letters because they're at her again. HUH?!? Drama Queen much?

Then, at the restaurant when confronted about the attorney's letters, Melissa denies knowing anything about them. She throws bf/fiance under the bus and acts like it's news to her. We need a reunion show, so that they can confront her about this. What a sleaze.

Abby, stricken at the thought of going to a competition without her ringer Maddie, decides to screech at the girls instead of discussing with the moms about what just happened. This time, the moms were right and Abby needs to back them instead of wack job Melissa. That whole relationship is weird, and if this is not just some reality plot to give her a storyline then she needs to check herself and her relationship because it's just weird.

Sorry to hear about Candy Apples Taylor, but it just reeked of producer manipulation so that poor little Kendall can swoop in and save the day for Candy Apples and their group. Wow that Justice/Justin/whatever was given a solo and Vivi was barely shown dancing.

Cathy giving Melissa an engagement present, then having Melissa tell her "we dont' talk about it" was weird as well. Finally, something Cathy and Christi/Kelly/Holly have in common.

I wish someone would tell them that if they put the word "allegedly" in with whatever they're saying, it gets them off the hook. At least according to Kathy Griffith.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Ok didn't see last night...did Melissa take Maddie & Mackenzie to Candy Apples?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Ok didn't see last night...did Melissa take Maddie & Mackenzie to Candy Apples?
    No. Melissa only threatened to take the girls home and not let them dance that week because of some convoluted never ending storyline about her engagement or non existing engagement that the women questioned her about because she wasn't wearing her ring...blah blah blah. Maddie started to cry because she wanted to stay, so she just took Mackenzie home early.

They all returned...Maddie danced her solo, Maddie won, etc. Melissa's whatever..Greg..had his attorney send the women's attorneys letters telling them to layoff Melissa about her personal life. Melissa tried to throw Greg under the bus for the letter, but the camera showed Melissa calling him and telling him to contact the lawyer. Give me a break. It's gotten so dumb, I feel dumber having watched it.
    Last edited by Kiz; 03-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread