+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Last night's episode had my jaw dropping, too, and I only got to watch the 1st half hour.
    Going into it, I expect the show to go over the top to fabricate drama, but I did not expect them to go so over the top with the sexuality theme... it had that uncomfortable feeling like Toddlers and Tiaras gives. I couldn't figure out why the adults went along with this story. I guess if they are obligated to Lifetime, then they feel like their only option is to make the best of it?
    I didn't like the episode, but I did like the reactions some of the girls had to the (lack of) costumes. I laughed when little Mackenzie said her top would fit her American Girl doll. And I loved Nia's comments about liking how she looked in the outfit - it was just so innocent and honest and confident, and it made me smile.
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I saw part of the repeat of the episode last night, and the line in the jerky commercial was even worse than I remembered it. It was, "Nobody jerks it like Jimmy." Don't tell me none of the adults involved in the production of this show didn't see how inappropriate a comment that is to make, particularly while standing in front of a bunch of little girls.

As for the tweets, Abby can blame everyone under and over the sun, but when it comes right down to it, she chose to put her studio and her students in this position, because she wanted the fat paycheck. She's willing to compete routines that someone else wants--or so she claims--for the sake of the show, which really means, for the sake of her salary. Nobody forced her to cooperate with Lifetime the first or second time. I know economic times are hard, but I'm willing to bet there are some dance studios that could be struggling as much or more than hers whose owners would not have agreed to let a network dictate what was or wasn't an appropriate competition schedule or appropriate choreography just for the almighty dollar.

As for Chloe's mother, so far as we knew, this was a verbal agreement with Kathy. Nothing was in contract form. She could have taken her daughter--who clearly didn't want to be there--out of that commercial set-up the moment she saw the costume. Kathy already neither liked nor respected her, and I seriously doubt she would have sued (and without a contract, she'd have no grounds anyway), so she had nothing to lose.

There really isn't any excuse for the behavior of the adults on this show. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nia is a lucky little girl to have the parents she has. They appear to be the only two reasonably grounded adults on the show, and it's clear they are not trying to live through their daughter.
    sclilred1 likes this.

I thought it was very telling that Vivi wasn't put in that costume and made the star. It was a deliberate slam against Chloe, just to get at her mother. Cathy is no better than Abby.

The costumes ... again, had it been my daughters, I would never have allowed it. Sue me, but I double dog dare you to put on a serious face and tell a judge or jury that you expect my young girls to fan dance with the illusion of nudity.

I would like to know, because our tape cut out just before it, but on the previews it looked like she kicked out Holly and Nia. Did anyone else get that??
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I thought it was very telling that Vivi wasn't put in that costume and made the star. It was a deliberate slam against Chloe, just to get at her mother. Cathy is no better than Abby.

The costumes ... again, had it been my daughters, I would never have allowed it. Sue me, but I double dog dare you to put on a serious face and tell a judge or jury that you expect my young girls to fan dance with the illusion of nudity.

I would like to know, because our tape cut out just before it, but on the previews it looked like she kicked out Holly and Nia. Did anyone else get that??
    I didn't see the previews unfortunately due to work conflicts.

That said, if Abby kicked out Holly and Nia, then I would hope Holly says "It's not worth it," and go to a reputable dance studio where Nia will be happy and have teachers who compliment her for doing well, but give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for errors.

Mind you, I'm also basing my opinion on this due to being able to watch LAST weeks' episode where Holly was upset that Nia was put in the middle of the Abby-Cathy-Jill fiasco. Nia danced beautifully (if not perfect, she did dance better than in previous times), and to have her confidence shattered because of that nonsense was IMHO appalling.

Frankly too, if Holly does leave - I will probably stop watching because I'm tired of the shrill harpys (the other moms) fighting the Cyclops (Abby - and this because she seems to be one sighted) all the time. Holly and the dancers are the ONLY people with class on that show.
    GabbyG likes this.

No Nia wasn't sent packing. What you saw was from the previous week where Holly was upset that Jill went to Candy Apples to directly compete against Nia. What it basically was Holly & her husband were going to take Nia home with them in their car and not on the bus. Holly felt, rightly so, that Nia was kind of set-up to be the pawn of Cathy against Abby which was so wrong. She wasn't upset with Abby & Abby was proud of Nia.

The whole Christie having Chole do that commercial. Give me a break! You were never close to Cathy when Vivi was at Abby's. Cathy was close to Melissa so why wouldn't Cathy have asked Melissa to use Maddie??? Set-up!

I also believe Jill has zero intentions of staying at Candy Apples. She only did that to get Abby's attention that Kendel is good. Childish.

Next week apparently Paige hurts her foot & won't be able to dance so why do I think Jill is coming back...again
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Poor Chloe, but definitely you have to wonder, WHY would Christie even answer a call from Cathy? This is the same person that pushed her, and called her names. I'm sorry, but NO fee would be worth driving my little girl hours away for a low budget commercial, especially for beef jerky.

I sort of find it hard to fathom that there is such a demand for beef jerky, that there are actual outlets dedicated to them.

Weird, IMHO.

One more thing..I like Melissa, but it didn't seem she was very gracious about the bridal party.
    mom2 likes this.

I don't believe Melissa was intending to invite anyone from Abby's studio to her wedding ... if they have one. They may just want to go to Vegas since I guess this is her 3rd. I still don't know why she was so upset at the party, just be gracious and say "The stripper is not my cup of tea, but I'll stay here and drink and yall have fun." Obviously Chloe knew all about the "story" so it wasn't much of a secret.

Here's hoping Jill doesn't return!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The whole time I was watching, I was thinking the whole commercial thing was step up by production.
    bamafan and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I sort of find it hard to fathom that there is such a demand for beef jerky, that there are actual outlets dedicated to them.

Weird, IMHO.
    LOL! That whole thing was so odd. And poor Chloe with that 'meat suit' that had meet placed in not very ladylike places. Cathy is certified.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread