+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I'm so glad they are giving Mackenzie more solo interview time, she is HYSTERICAL!!!
    mom2 and bamafan like this.
    Wag more, bark less

OWN doesn't have full episodes on their site, but they do have some excerpts:
    The Rosie Show: Dance Moms - OWN TV
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Both Abby and Cathy admitted that it wasn't so great to yell at the mothers in front of the kids. Abby also admitted that the mothers are required by Lifetime to be in the studio, so when she gives Holly a hard time, that's not normal. She says that once the kids are a certain age, the parents are not required to be there. The max tuition they charge is in the $250/month range, which Abby pointed out is a lot less than daycare or after-school care. .
    This bit with mentioning Holly was very telling tonight. I really think Abby was genuinely upset as Holly was in regard to what happened with Nia versus Kendall challenge. From the looks of things, I think Abby was actually understanding why Holly reacted the way she did - especially when she was polite about it. And, Holly wasn't confrontational and blamed Abby for any yelling or not, she just didn't like that Nia ended up unwittingly a pawn in the whole Jill vs. Abby vs. Cathy rivalry.

While Kendall from the looks of things had the better dancing in general, Nia did a very lovely job. She had nothing to be upset about, though she did have the right to cry - she's a young girl. That I didn't agree with Abby about (taking it elsewhere - something you can't take it elsewhere), but it looked like she got a case of humble pie. I think too that Abby has a softer spot for Holly because she did admit she was wrong about her opinions about the spy dance - that it actually worked. (I too am against guys, but it was obvious that these were fake and the girls not only knew the difference but also weren't firing at each other).

Abby shouldn't put Nia down too far - she did very well and the group number was strong. I expect she will be dropped on the pyramid, but that is normal.

That said - Cathy I'm sorry still seems fake. The bee costume incident and her explanation is also very telling there.

Oh, and I do agree with the moms and Abby - I don't like that Cathy intentionally puts in Vivi and a couple of other younger dancers in order to compete against Abby. If she is so needing to do this, she should just do individual faceoffs, because I'm sorry, Abby is right - she is the better choreographer over Cathy...

Then again - seriously Cathy? - a FUNERAL compelete with casket? Too macabre, tacky and tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I'm so glad they are giving Mackenzie more solo interview time, she is HYSTERICAL!!!
    I loved her calling Abby a blabbermouth! She's a little firecracker.

I felt so bad for Nia this week. She clearly got run over in Cathy's attempt to stick it to Abby. I did think Kendall did better in the competition. Nia's technique just isn't as good. Both girls did aerials and Nia's feet weren't pointed and her knees were bent. Still, I enjoyed her performance and I felt bad for her that she didn't get her big moment. She absolutely had the right to feel sad and shed a few tears. Abby needs to lighten up on that. The dressing room is where those things should happen instead of out in the public areas of the venue.

I enjoyed seeing some of the dads this week. Nia looks just like her father!

WTH was that routine with the coffin? Is she serious? I thought Abby's routine about bullying was bad. This one was just ridiculous. Also, if Cathy really did teach Kendall a routine that Abby choreographed then that really is out of bounds. She clearly has a giant inferiority complex where Abby is concerned.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    WTH was that routine with the coffin? Is she serious? I thought Abby's routine about bullying was bad. This one was just ridiculous. Also, if Cathy really did teach Kendall a routine that Abby choreographed then that really is out of bounds. She clearly has a giant inferiority complex where Abby is concerned.
    I wish Abby had video footage to show Cathy that, and hopefully if they have a faceoff again she can have the evidence because yeah, you can get into trouble for using other dance studio's routines.

I do think Cathy has that inferiority complex too - especially since the Kendall routine is the ONLY one that she has beaten Abby in, and there it's possibly with a routine Abby did.

(Not to mention I saw similar behavior from a former colleague of mine - he thought I was no good in my job, I proved him wrong winning top honors in that area of expertise in a contest, and he did his best to try and ruin me. He also ended up burning out in the end).

I was watching for what actual dance moves Vivi and Justin did ... they ran on stage, stood by the coffin and was ushered out by another dancer. Hmmm

If Abby really did the choreography and that was her costume, why didn't she pitch a fit? I would have sent for video proof since it was held in her town. Btw, I do believe it was Abby's, I just can't figure out why she took it lying down.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I was watching for what actual dance moves Vivi and Justin did ... they ran on stage, stood by the coffin and was ushered out by another dancer. Hmmm

If Abby really did the choreography and that was her costume, why didn't she pitch a fit? I would have sent for video proof since it was held in her town. Btw, I do believe it was Abby's, I just can't figure out why she took it lying down.
    I was actually relieved to see Vivi and Justin and the other little girl run across stage, because until that point, I was afraid they were going to pop out of the coffin at the end of the dance, just to justify the age requirement.

I wonder if the older dancers aren't a little embarrassed to be dancing in the junior category, since they know perfectly well the only reason they're in that category is because of the addition of Vivi et. al., who actually do very little dancing. I swear, Vivi's role in every routine is just to run across stage or be picked up and placed somewhere like a prop. It's demeaning to her and awkward for the older girls, who have to know that her presence is required only to justify them competing against much younger kids.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Re the latest episode: Was anyone else's jaw dropping multiple times?

First, a fan dance with girls as young as seven? Even some of the girls admitted they felt naked and it embarrassed them. Does Abby never, ever think about the possibility that there are pedophiles out there watching the show and getting all hot and bothered watching her dancers? Even the judges thought it was way too much and reflected that in their scores. But naturally, Abby "Second is the First Loser" Lee tosses that off by saying it's not always about winning, it's about learning something new. Really? How come that's never the case when one of the girls comes in second or third in a solo? Abby also said that the number was appropriate because one of the girls was going to end up as a show girl. Again, really? How can she possibly know that? And what kind of adult yells out at a group of little girls that the move is "crotch--boobs." Abby, they don't even have boobs, and they shouldn't be trying to be sexy at their ages anyway.

Second, Cathy's husband is the sausage king who's opened a jerky outlet store--and the Candy Apples studio is in the same building as the jerky outlet store? That sounds like something that wouldn't be considered believable on a sitcom. Beyond that, however, poor Chloe having to dance around in a meat outfit, because her mother thinks it's a professional opportunity, only to end up standing next to the sausage king while he says, "Nobody jerks meat like Mike." Yeah, and apparently nobody misses a double entendre like Mike either. No grown man should say that while standing in the midst of a bunch of little girls.

Third, why in the world would you plan a "surprise" bachlorette party, complete with stripper and champagne, for backstage at your children's dance competition? Seems to me doing so, on top of the fan dance number, would hardly improve the reputation of Abby Lee Dance. In fact, unless they had permission of the facility and the competition to throw that party, they could be tossed out on their ears.

On an unrelated note, I think the luckiest little girl of them all might be Nia. She clearly has supportive parents and decent self-esteem despite all the berating she gets at the studio. She also seems to really like being on stage, even if she's not the best dancer out there. If she has any musical ability at all, it would be great if she could get involved in musical theatre. I don't mean professionally--just at the community theatre or local children's theatre level. I also can't help but notice that despite how dreadfully many of the adults behave on the show, the girls seem to be pretty nice to one another and are generally better behaved and more confident than you might think.
    Kiz likes this.

Kiz

Here are a couple of telling tweets. One from Abby and one from Christine. It sounds like they've sold their lives to Lifetime, but with their complaints, I'm willing to bet they'll sign on the dotted line for a third season if it's offered.

-------------------------

Abby Lee Miller‏
    Once again, Im getting crucified! A whole creative team conjures up these absurd ideas. Normally I compete routines just like our solos!

Christi Lukasiak‏
    We were so upset about the jerky fiasco, but there was nothing we could do about it. Not my choice. Trust me
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I'd love to see the score sheets for that fan dance. I don't think the costumes were remotely appropriate and I wouldn't be surprised if they got marked down, but the girls were also all over the place and not in synch at all. I think the distraction of having those big props probably threw them off a bit.

That Abby didn't think that routine and those costumes were just wildly inappropriate is very telling. She's clearly out of touch.

Tilden - I agree with you about Nia. She's the only one that I think will come out of Abby's studio with healthy self-esteem. I don't see her becoming a professional dancer. She'll go to college and her time in dance will just serve to make her more well-rounded and poised.

I think the mothers could learn a lesson by watching their daughters. The girls are always so sweet and supportive with each other.

+ Reply to Thread