+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Christi or Abby, but good LORD, I want to throttle Jill! I find her so annoying that I usually end up muting her. What is wrong with that woman? Does she think she's helping her daughter?

She didn't have any problem when Abby put Kendall in the trio and Paige had to sit there and run the music, when she had been in the trio before that. I don't think she had one thing to say about poor Paige watching someone else dance her part. Then last night, when Paige is put back in the trio, she's all up in arms. Kendall had a solo last week and she won nothing! Where does she get off telling Abby how she should run her own studio? If she doesn't like it, she can leave!

Based on what we saw in the previews, I'll bet Jill flips out and leaves. I'd be happy to see her go. I think Kendall is a good dancer, but she's not to the level of Chloe and Maddie or most of the other girls either. Her technique is nowhere near that of the other girls.

I agree with Derek (I never thought I'd ever type that sentence) that yelling at those girls until they're in tears is abusive. I thought it was very telling that Abby said her mother would beat her butt if she got something wrong. Lovely relationship. Now we know where she gets her "teaching methods."
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Derek Hough has an opinion about Abby and the Dance Moms . . . and it isn't good.

IMO, they should sign Abby up for Dancing with the Stars and give her to Derek. It would allow her to demonstrate that she can do more than TEACH, and it would satisfy all of those who think Derek gets the "stars" who have the best chance of winning.
    I agree with him. Yelling the things she does, no, that's not the way to teach. And any girl that thinks this abusive tone has anything to do with dance, is wrong
    Florimel and jenniferboston1 like this.

The girls all looked so grown up during the private eye dance; Brooke is definitely not the 'big' girl anymore!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

OWN is advertising that Abby will be on The Rosie Show Monday night. Apparently, Cathy will be on as well. Watch at your own risk!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    OWN is advertising that Abby will be on The Rosie Show Monday night. Apparently, Cathy will be on as well. Watch at your own risk!
    Are you sure it's Rosie's show and not Jerry Springer's?

Please please please someone report on this???? I don't get beyond basic cable, and I'd like to know what happened.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I wonder what Jill's husband does for a living? Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it?

Can't get too worked up about this show because it's so obviously scripted. When the camera scans Abby and the moms during a performance, it appears they all get along very well and are supportive of the girls. The conflict is created for the cameras. The good thing I have noticed is that the drama and conflict is always between the moms/abby or moms/moms, thank goodness they haven't focused on actual drama between the dancers or the girls talking smack about eachother. There must be good money for the participants because the negative publicity and the fact that most of the viewers think these moms and abby are really like this in person, wouldn't be worth the headache if there wasn't a BIG payoff--and having my daughter in this type of spotlight (hoping to be discovered) wouldn't be considered a payoff either! While these girls can dance, there are many, MANY better dancers out there in their age groups. Abby claims she produces employable dancers... does anyone know who she can coached that has a dance career?

Just watched Abby and Cathy on The Rosie Show and it was pretty good. Before Abby came out, Rosie talked about her misgivings. She admitted feeling conflicted because she likes Abby, but thinks her yelling at the kids is abusive. I thought she was nice to Abby and Cathy, but she also didn't pull any punches and didn't let them off the hook for their behavior.

Both Abby and Cathy admitted that it wasn't so great to yell at the mothers in front of the kids. Abby also admitted that the mothers are required by Lifetime to be in the studio, so when she gives Holly a hard time, that's not normal. She says that once the kids are a certain age, the parents are not required to be there. The max tuition they charge is in the $250/month range, which Abby pointed out is a lot less than daycare or after-school care.

They brought up the infamous bee costume and, at first, Cathy claimed she took it to the Goodwill and then bought it back for 50 cents after Abby made a big deal about it. At the end of the show, she gave Abby the costume back and admitted that she had it all along, in her closet and wrapped in tissue. She was just messing with Abby about it.

I will say that Abby came off pretty likeable, as did Cathy (although to a lesser degree than Abby). When Rosie asked about her yelling at the kids she did point out that the cameras weren't there for the 40 previous times she'd told the kid the same thing. She likened it to telling your child to pick a dirty t-shirt up off of their bedroom floor: the first time, you ask nicely. By the 40th time, you're not so nice. By the 100th time, you want to make then eat the shirt.

Abby also admitted that she's frustrated that they only show the bad stuff and not the times when they have fun or when she's affectionate and nice to the kids.

I know not everyone gets OWN and I don't know if they make Rosie's episodes available online, but it's worth watching if you can.

Thank you for sharing! I don't get that channel and I appreciate your time to summarize it for us.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread