+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Now that I've watched the whole episode.....

I hate to stand up for anyone on this show, but I think lumping Melissa in with Jill is unfair. IMO, there's a BIG difference between Jill sucking up and buying Abby massages and blatantly expecting that to result in bigger parts for her daughter and Melissa answering the phones at the dance studio. If I was Abby, I'd like Melissa and her kids better too - they're nice and the girls work hard! Melissa pitches in at the studio and doesn't scream and yell at Abby all the time like Kelly and Christy. Christy should be happy that Chloe gets any solos or featured parts what with how she speaks to Abby and everyone else.

I didn't like Abby telling Chloe that she should walk backstage at competitions with arrogance. "Confidence" would have been a better word.
    Am disappointed Brooke quit the squad; that said, I wonder if some of this is from peer pressure, given that the team would know she is a "celebrity" and would probably be upset that she got all the film and such. Even there, that would be a disappointment.

I do agree, Melissa, even if she does gripe about Abby at times (most of hers through do make sense), she does at least help out Abby. Christy I feel is going to end up costing her girls solos even more.

And as far as "arrogance/confidence" I am hoping Abby got the two mixed up. Some people do read the two as synonymous, even when not. Abby would definitely fit that frame.

Melissa is working for Abby for free so she could have free private lessons for Maddie & Mackenzie. By not having to pay anyone to do Melissa's job Abby is probably saving over $20,000 a year. That is alot more than a massage or perfume.
    Seemed, at least to me, Abby is starting to favor Mackenzie over Maddie. In the previews it looked like Madie took a really bad fall during a performance.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

After this last episode, all I could think of was "Watch out, Maddy, lil sister is taking your place." That's okay, Maddy took Brooke's place according to a comment from 1st season.

What Abby did to Payton was deplorable. She should have been given a heads up before the meeting and not attended the pyramid unveiling. 14 is still a kid, regardless of how you feel about the mother.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kiz

I don't buy the whole - Brooke left for cheering and Payton was blindsided by the pyramid - angle. I know we need stretch the limits of believability to watch reality tv, but that storyline stretched belief until I heard a snap.

Here's an interview with Payton's mom. We'll be seeing her again. The producers "really liked" her personality, and I guess they would. She's a firecracker.

Leslie and Payton weren't seen in the second and third episodes and returned in the fourth and fifth. Leslie said they won't be in next week's show, but will be back for the episode airing on Tuesday, Feb. 21 with a "big surprise."

"The producers really liked Payton and like my personality," she said. "They tried to fit us in."
    Upper St. Clair Mother Reveals What It's Like Being on 'Dance Moms' - Upper St. Clair, PA Patch
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

My little brain is wondering why Cathy & Vivi are still on the intro to this show & why Jill & Kendall aren't? Anybody want to wager that Payton and perhaps Kendall end up at Candy Apples?
    So Payton is in high school....so....why would she evn want to dance with elementary school girls?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My little brain is wondering why Cathy & Vivi are still on the intro to this show & why Jill & Kendall aren't? Anybody want to wager that Payton and perhaps Kendall end up at Candy Apples?
    So Payton is in high school....so....why would she evn want to dance with elementary school girls?
    Thought that too, given that Vivi gets little airtime even when she does appear.

I do feel that Payton and/or Kendall will be going there, or heck maybe even a proper dance studio, and it does lean more toward Payton because I can see her winning a dance over one of Abby's dancers and it be an "I Told You So" moment. Given Abby's treatment of the new dancers? - For once, I will have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    PM me if you want the spoiler for why Jill/Kendall aren't going to be featured. As to Kathy/Vivi they are now the "villain" character and that might be why they are still on. Not sure, though and I would've removed them from opening at the start of season 2.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

You're welcome to post the spoiler here, bevorules. Just make sure you put it in spoiler tags
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Please post it!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The previews for next week are cracking me up. Christy talks about how Jill is ranting on and on and throwing shoes, but that it's really hard to take her seriously when she's wearing that hat.

Looks like the girls may have a competition or practice in a gymnasium that that Maddie may get injured. I hope they're playing that up for drama and that's she's okay.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread