+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 116 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I just hate yelling, period. I grew up in a household where NO ONE yelled, or at least is was very rare. My mom has always said that there's no reason to yell at anyone, unless they're stepping off a curb and there's a car coming. When someone yells at you, your fight or flight instinct kicks in and you stop listening. I know that, when someone yells at or even near me, my ears start buzzing and I can't deal. It's not an effective way to communicate.

I had many dance teachers over the years and the only reason for even a raised voice was to be heard over the music. I would never allow someone to speak to me or my young child the way Abby speaks to everyone in her life. The things she says to those children aren't things that should even be said to an adult. It's like no one taught her tact or manners at all. She seems to have no edit button and no awareness of how horrid she is to those little girls, not to mention everyone else.

Abby seems like a very alone person to me. I know the show is about her dance studio, but we don't ever see anyone who is close to her in her personal life. We know she's got a mother, but there aren't any other family members or friends around her. It's kind of sad.
    Florimel, redsox girl and GabbyG like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Does anyone know the name of the songs that were played while one of Abbeys girls was dancing? The words were something like "I keep falling in love with you..........". I'm not exactly sure, but the song was so pretty.

Kiz

More moms and instructors behaving badly? Dance Moms, Dance Moms Miami, and now Ice Moms.

'Dance Moms' Producer Developing 'Ice Moms' at Lifetime - Hollywood Reporter

...“We’ve conquered the world of competitive dance with our hit Dance Moms and have great plans to expand the franchise to Miami,” said Lifetime Networks exec vp programming Rob Sharenow said in a statement announcing the news Thursday. "Now, we’re bringing the format to the intensely competitive world of figure skating and revealing the explosive dynamic between the kids, parents and coaches who all want to be the best. We’ll show all the blood, sweat and tears it takes to be a champion on ice."...
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Oh, great. I happen to love figure skating, and coverage of the actual sport has diminished greatly in the last few years. But this we can get. Great, just great.

I don't know why I thought this show started at 10 so I only caught the tail end. So Brooke wants back in the group. Wonder if she really didn't like cheerleading or if her Mom pressured her to come back for her sister.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

You know, I've wondered if Brooke's cheeleading try-outs storyline was mostly fabrication; the timing and the footage they showed of it just seemed odd to me. And I actually thought she would have a richer experience and be much happier if she tried cheering. Who knows.

So... I guess Lifetime will have its "Moms" franchise, like Bravo has its "Housewives".

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    You know, I've wondered if Brooke's cheerleading try-outs storyline was mostly fabrication; the timing and the footage they showed of it just seemed odd to me. And I actually thought she would have a richer experience and be much happier if she tried cheering. Who knows.

So... I guess Lifetime will have its "Moms" franchise, like Bravo has its "Housewives".
    I've been wondering the same thing. It was all just a little too convenient. Brooke was not only the top of the pyramid but was also the feature of the group dance the week of tryouts the week she dropped out for cheerleading? I wonder if it was just a ruse to have a storyline with the older girl and her mom as well as giving Brooke a small break to be with girls her age for a change, never mind the added drama that was sure to ensue.

And yes, it looks to me like Lifetime has found their housewives.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

So Brooke tried out cheerleading for 5 minutes and then quits? Nice message her mother is sending that she can just quit when she wants. I hope that they were able to give her spot to another girl who tried out and didn't make it.

The best thing about Brooke being back is the look on Peyton's mother's face. I felt sorry for Peyton, although she was such a snot last week. Based on her mother's behavior, it's not hard to see where she got that attitude.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Why hasn't Social Services visited the set of this show, and freed these children from this abuse?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Now that I've watched the whole episode.....

I hate to stand up for anyone on this show, but I think lumping Melissa in with Jill is unfair. IMO, there's a BIG difference between Jill sucking up and buying Abby massages and blatantly expecting that to result in bigger parts for her daughter and Melissa answering the phones at the dance studio. If I was Abby, I'd like Melissa and her kids better too - they're nice and the girls work hard! Melissa pitches in at the studio and doesn't scream and yell at Abby all the time like Kelly and Christy. Christy should be happy that Chloe gets any solos or featured parts what with how she speaks to Abby and everyone else.

I didn't like Abby telling Chloe that she should walk backstage at competitions with arrogance. "Confidence" would have been a better word.

+ Reply to Thread