+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1695
Like Tree1561Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fogey

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

On [I]The Talk[I], they're discussing the fact that Abby started her sentence today and that prior to reporting to prison, she hired a prison consultant--ala the Kevin Hart movie--to prepare her for prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    On [I]The Talk[I], they're discussing the fact that Abby started her sentence today and that prior to reporting to prison, she hired a prison consultant--ala the Kevin Hart movie--to prepare her for prison.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall to observe but it's probably like a Martha Stewart prison. And I had no idea there were really prison consultants. Here's an old but good article on it: Prison consultants help inmates get good digs - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall to observe but it's probably like a Martha Stewart prison. And I had no idea there were really prison consultants. Here's an old but good article on it: Prison consultants help inmates get good digs - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
    Probably, but remember, Martha Stewart eventually was under house arrest, and then had to spend I think at least one extra week (if not longer) under house arrest because she left the property.

So she could have "good digs" but be stuck there longer for violating rules.

Personally, I'm glad Abby is going to jail for her crimes. I was afraid she wouldn't, but I do wish they wouldn't allow these "prison consultants" be a credible job. There's a reason you go to jail.
    agamergirl likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Is anyone going to watch this season? Every season, I tell myself no and then I end up glued to the tv LOL
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Kiz

I went cold turkey on both Dance Moms and Real Housewives of NJ. I don't miss either show at all. I do enjoy coming back here and reading what FORT members are saying about them. I don't mean to encourage others to stop watching these shows, but I'm glad I stopped.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

Me too. I won't be watching Dance Moms anymore, nor did I watch RHOBH last season. Seeing Erika wearing an ugly ring worth 180k sunk it for me. Always been a believer of work hard play hard, but 180k for a ring? How many people would that feed???

Regarding Abby, though I personally didn't like her teaching style, plenty of moms did. Then they turn their back? Weird to me. My nephews coach (8!) actually has made house calls to confirm the kid was asleep at a decent hour. SIL and brother had NO problems with it, I would have a HUGE problem and I'd pull my kid off team. Everyone is different....I whole heartedly believe Maddie NEVER would've obtained any jobs if it weren't for the TV show. Just like Gigi Haddad and Kendall KarTRASHian NEVER would be models if it weren't for last names. The little guy doesn't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I went cold turkey on both Dance Moms and Real Housewives of NJ. I don't miss either show at all. I do enjoy coming back here and reading what FORT members are saying about them. I don't mean to encourage others to stop watching these shows, but I'm glad I stopped.
    crusin and Kiz like this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

And of course I ended up getting sucked in again. I really felt bad for Gia yesterday. She is a great teacher and the way both the moms and production just dismissed her ability to come up with new choreography and winning dances. I am very disappointed in that. I would have liked to see what Gia could do without Abby up her butt.

The group dance was great choreography, but ugh what a stupid concept and song. I cannot imagine that it really did come in first
    crusin and lilcountriegal like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I saw previews of the "new" dance instructor. I liked her. Should proof to be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

I really liked the choreographer that they brought in. I was so happy that she gave Nia a solo. I would have liked to see what she did with Kalani. And in true fashion, Jill was all p*ssy b/c Kendall didn't get a solo. And what in God's name was the whole arguing with Christie about??? I can't wait to see next week's episode

FORT Fogey

I was completely confused about the hostility toward Christie--and even worse, toward Chloe--for choosing a different studio for her return to competitive dance. Was there even going to be room for her at ALDC? They seem to be pretty much full up. And if she were there, wouldn't Jill be upset if Kendall lost a solo to her? But more to the point, it's been two years. People move on. No one seemed to care when Chloe was dancing with another studio, getting work elsewhere etc. In fact, no one really mentioned it. And, let's face it, Chloe was treated so shabbily by Abby, particularly at the end, that it might be difficult for her to return to that studio, something at least some of them should understand (and Holly seems to--and is stuck in a terrible spot, given that she has been friendly with Christie all along). It can't make the girls feel good to hear Jill go off to the extent that it caused Chloe to burst into tears, especially since some of them were her friends and may still feel like she's a friend. I assume if Christie and Holly have remained friendly that Chloe and Nia may still be friendly too, for instance. Really, what good could it have done anyone for that fight to occur between Christie and Jill? If they don't like each other, fine. Just ignore each other or be surface-polite for the sake of the girls. I know Christie can be hot-tempered, too, but I'm really sick of Jill. At least Christie is occasionally funny. Jill just whines constantly, and it clearly doesn't help her daughter, who sometimes seems downright uncomfortable with her mother's behavior.

As for the new choreographer, I saw previews where she seemed downright scary. I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable and supportive of the girls she actually appeared to be. I wasn't sure what she saw in the improvised dances that caused her to choose the soloists she did, but then, I don't know much about dance either, so I'm not the best judge, and it was nice to see girls who rarely got solos under Abby given a chance. I noticed that she didn't seem to give a hang about the moms either, unlike Abby, who frequently punished girls because of their mothers' behavior rather than their own.
    combatcutie, crusin and agamergirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread