+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Kiz

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Maddie is portraying Sia as a child in this music video (link below) who was often left home alone by her parents who were musicians and alcoholics (from what I've read). I loved most of the choreography and thought it told the story. I also thought Maddie was very good. I do feel that she is a little robotic and doesn't have the expression that Chloe possesses, but she is young and maybe it will come.

Sia - Chandelier (Official Video) - YouTube

Tuesday night is a new episode called Maddie vs Chloe or something of that nature. My thought is it's going to be a rehash episode, but maybe they'll have new material. I do think the producers are playing an exaggerated angle of lost friendship and mean girl behavior. I noticed in the girls' interview show a couple of weeks ago, in the first segment when Chloe said something about she and Maddie being such close friends, the camera cut to shot of Maddie sort of rolling her eyes to Mia. There's no way to know if it was taken out of context, especially because throughout the show, it seemed like the girls had a mutual friendship. Personally, I think the show is trying to play this up to have the audience root for Chloe as the underdog. Having read that Chloe dances for another studio now (which was why she wasn't in MacZ's video), I imagine this drives Abby crazy, which makes me happy.

One other bit of gossip I read was that the fans of DWTS on Facebook are blasting Abby from when she was a guest judge. I took a look-see, and they certainly are giving it to her with both barrels. Of course, all the hubbub is probably good for Abby, at least as far as the show's producers are concerned. A good (or would that be bad) villain brings in viewers, and I'm sure that's their bottom line.
    Last edited by Kiz; 05-11-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Abby Lee Miller is engaged to Michael someone who is a voice over actor ... Hoping he is for real and not looking to gain his 15 minutes, or extending it.
    Found out on Facebook from Reality Tea.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Is anyone planning to watch Abby's new series about taking over a dance studio? Tabatha Coffey for dance studios.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Is anyone planning to watch Abby's new series about taking over a dance studio? Tabatha Coffey for dance studios.
    I'm recording it, but I'll wait for the reviews before watch. How about you?
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I am going to record it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I will record it too. We will see, I guess.

What is it called?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Abby's Studio Rescue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No, I won't be watching and I won't be recording. I will, however, come and read what you all say.

I'll be watching. I think it's the difference between Gordon Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen and Gordon Ramsay on Kitchen Nightmares. Two totally different personalities. Abby is definitely knowledgeable and does seem to care about the dance business. I think it'll be very much like Tabatha's Takeover.

I'm only a few minutes in and so far, she's giving some tough love, but isn't being rude or disrespectful.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread