+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fogey

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Tilden, I remember that episode that showed the teacher for the girls. Melissa has stated before that they spend a lot more time at the studio than they do on schoolwork. I believe that it was Mackenzie that did the girls makeup and not Maddie. And of course Abby made a comment about Mackenzie had better do a good job with it. If the girls spend as little time with their schoolwork as Melissa has made it sound like they do, then the girls really have very little time for any socializing with other homeschooled children. It's a shame that dance is the top priority in their lives while it appears that school is rather low on the list.
    Yeah, of course it was Mackenzie. I must have had a brief mental lapse--or else it's just all Melissa's fault for giving both her girls names that begin with Ms, just like hers does. Yeah, lets go with that.
    GabbyG and sclilred1 like this.

FORT Newbie

Abby just never ceases to amaze me. Christi tweeted after last weeks episode saying that the producers edited what really happened when Chloe was crying in rehearsal. She said Abby was in Chloes face yelling and flat out told Chloe that she (Abby) would destroy her. There's been so many lines crossed by abby, but this is probably as low as it gets...I sincerely hope that after this season that Christi does not renew her contract with Lifetime..its not worth it..especially when it comes to the child being the one who's most affected by this.
    sclilred1, Kiz and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFlow View Post
    Abby just never ceases to amaze me. Christi tweeted after last weeks episode saying that the producers edited what really happened when Chloe was crying in rehearsal. She said Abby was in Chloes face yelling and flat out told Chloe that she (Abby) would destroy her. There's been so many lines crossed by abby, but this is probably as low as it gets...I sincerely hope that after this season that Christi does not renew her contract with Lifetime..its not worth it..especially when it comes to the child being the one who's most affected by this.
    If this is the true depiction (and I believe that it is) of that episode, then the producers and editors should be ashamed of themselves.
    sclilred1, Kiz and StaticFlow like this.

Kiz

I believe Christi's tweet too. Every adult on that show should feel ashamed that they're allowing Abby to suck the soul out of these girls. Even Maddie, Abby's anointed one, is not getting any favors being hoisted up on Ab's pedestal. She's in for a rude awakening, and like a hot house flower, I don't think she'll fare well in real world situations.

I also read a little blurb that some of the mom's from Cathy's school tweeted that the group dance that was pulled a couple of weeks ago was forced by the producers. It wasn't Cathy's fear that they weren't ready to compete with it. Who knows though. Could just be a case of sour "apples".

Wiki Leaks? I saw a link to this spoiler page for the competition results on DMs a couple of weeks ago. It's been spot on, so I assume it's going to be accurate. Remember before clicking, that it spoils the upcoming episodes:
    Dance Moms Wiki:Spoilers and Future Episode Information - Dance Moms Wiki
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Waiting for this never ending painful season to end. Looks loike the only nonMaddie original who might stay is Nia and I truly doubt that Abby will keep her. I just wish we could get updates on the girls, as they are the Only ones I care about.

And I think it would be great if the fans would shout the girls' names only and ignore Abby when they arrive at these competitions.
    GabbyG, sclilred1, Kiz and 3 others like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I believe Christi's tweet too. Every adult on that show should feel ashamed that they're allowing Abby to suck the soul out of these girls. Even Maddie, Abby's anointed one, is not getting any favors being hoisted up on Ab's pedestal. She's in for a rude awakening, and like a hot house flower, I don't think she'll fare well in real world situations.

I also read a little blurb that some of the mom's from Cathy's school tweeted that the group dance that was pulled a couple of weeks ago was forced by the producers. It wasn't Cathy's fear that they weren't ready to compete with it. Who knows though. Could just be a case of sour "apples".

Wiki Leaks? I saw a link to this spoiler page for the competition results on DMs a couple of weeks ago. It's been spot on, so I assume it's going to be accurate. Remember before clicking, that it spoils the upcoming episodes:
    Dance Moms Wiki:Spoilers and Future Episode Information - Dance Moms Wiki
    Regarding Cathy's team, I had read the same thing. I think it was the moms had said that the producers forced Cathy to pull the number and then made it play out the way it looked. These are some sleazy producers. Saw a clip for tonights show and kira is just running her mouth. She's gotten a real big head since audc and I have a feeling that she's going to be another Kristie Ray (one season'er) and if she does make it another season Kalani will be taking Chloes place (read Christie did not renew her contract with Abby) and basically be the new Chloe punching bag for abby. I've been reading a lot where people are saying that it was in fact melissa's husband (then boyfriend) that did pay off abby's debt , and that would explain all the favoritism abby gives to melissa and her girls. I think I'm about done with this show. I loved the Kelly and her girls, Christie and Chloe and Holly and Nia, but just have this feeling that they're going to be gone real soon. Well at least the new season of Hells Kitchen started already so that'll keep me happy
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

I must assume, based upon the spoiler results, that the better dancers are the ones that Abby does not train.
    sclilred1 and StaticFlow like this.

FORT Fogey

The only part of tonight's show that I enjoyed was Chloe's solo, which was a lovely match of music, choreography, and dancer. The rest of it was dreadful.

Abby is putting way too much pressure on Maddie, and it may backfire on her. It's always Maddie who's the "one." Whatever team she's on is the one Abby expends her time and effort on, and even if the team wins, it's all due to Maddie, just as the losing team lost because it didn't have Maddie. On top of that, she separated Maddie from her original team, which Maddie obviously was not happy about, and during rehearsals, she goaded her to praise her new teammates at the expense of her old ones ("Isn't it nice to have everyone pointing their toes just like you, Maddie?). And, of course, Maddie's sister was on the other team, so it pitted her against Mackenzie yet again. At some point, Maddie may just have enough and start to show it in one way or another.

I also thought the promo for the dance studio makeover show to be hosted by Abby was just plain scary. If I were a parent of a child at a studio and saw her coming through the door to "remake" that studio, I think my child would suddenly become too sick to dance for the days/week Abby was there. I don't care how good she supposedly is for their feet, posture etc. She's got to be a disaster for their heads. It's all about winning for her, period--and the winning is definitely for her, not for the girls. They're just the little servants who provide her with her reputation, and God help them if they fail to do that.

Incidentally, if Abby is so hot to have two competition teams to double her wins, how about she alternates the weekends they compete? It would give everyone more time to rehearse and thus get better at their dances, plus it would alleviate the pressure of having to compete every weekend on everyone. Maybe once in a while, those girls might even get to spend a weekend with family or friends instead of on a bus to a competition.
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 4 others like this.

FORT Newbie

Totally disgusted with how kira acted last night. She insulted that child numerous times (and even when Sarah was in the same room). That in itself shows what kind of person kira really is.
    GabbyG, sclilred1, Kiz and 1 others like this.

Kiz

Totally disgusted with how kira acted last night. She insulted that child numerous times (and even when Sarah was in the same room). That in itself shows what kind of person kira really is.
    I so agree with you that the way Kira insulted the little girl was disgusting, and right in front of her at that. Probably Kira is desperate to cement her place on the show, so she was bringing on the drama. And for the most part, I figure the adults on the show know exactly what they're signing up for, but leave the kids out of it.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread