+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Okay, I know the show isn't even over...but I have to comment. There is NO WAY Fallon's mother is middle 40's! OMG, why can't people just tell the truth!? Oh a lighter note, it was so sweet to watch the girls at the assisted living home.
    sclilred1 and Kiz like this.

Really? Really? She pulls them out. What a set up.
    sclilred1, Kiz and jenniferboston1 like this.

I felt SO badly for Cathy's Apples when half of them began to cry. Not ALL of the kids get solos/duets, etc. So basically, the kids worked so hard for nothing. I can't believe Cathy pulled the number!

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall View Post
    Really? Really? She pulls them out. What a set up.
    sclilred1 and StaticFlow like this.

FORT Newbie

Well last nights show wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Still don't care for Abby, that hasn't changed. I was actually looking forward to seeing the girls going up against Cathy's team. The little guy she had (was his name Marcus?) was very good and I think he rightfully won 1st place fair and square. I also like Zak. I think he is an amazing dancer and glad he didn't end up on the ALDC. He was just adorable on AUDC. I had hoped that Cathy would have changed her mind last minute and let the kids do their group dance..whether they beat ALDC or not, I'm sure they would have given a pretty good dance. Was nice not having to see Kira but my Gawd, Fallons mom...whew...I'm definitely not against anyone who wants to get some work done..all the power to them..if someone wants to have some work done on themselves and it makes them feel better..that's their business and good for them..but I might just be contradicting myself here..but why do women choose 'that' look..is The Joker look an in thing now? I see that look a lot around my town and imho I just think it looks awful...it's like the same exact look. Anyhow I saw Christi tweeting something this morning about asking people not to make any offers to Chloe because Abby blackballs her. Not being familiar with the dance world, can Abby really do that? What about when her contract up is up, can Abby still make threats like that to the other girls.
    Kiz likes this.

So Peyton comes back for the team to do a drag queen routine. I honestly thought the group dance was a mess from beginning to end. I can't believe that they won with that dance. I wish that Abby and Melissa would get it in their heads that Mackenzie is NOT a mini me version of Maddie. Mackenzie does not have to do everything that Maddie did and do it as good if not better than Maddie. I didn't really like Maddie's tap routine but I do agree with the other moms that she must have had more practice on that routine than the usual "two days". It seems like every time Abby brings in a "possible replacement" dancer they never last long at all. The newer one lasted one episode, while the one before her lasted two episodes (I believe it was). I wonder who she will bring in next week, or will it be Peyton yet again.
    mom2, Kiz, jenniferboston1 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe that Melissa seems to have no problem at all with Abby's obvious plan to turn Mackenzie into Maddie:the Sequel. If Abby thinks it's time for Mackenzie to move up from the "cute" routines that she's done before, because she's now competing with the older girls, then fine, do a lyrical routine for her. But that's not what Abby did--she just recycled one of Maddie's old routines, including the very dress she wore, and had Mackenzie imitate Maddie. Talk about a way to make the younger sibling feel like she's living in the shadow of her older sibling. She even had to do "the Maddie face." Abby really, really needs to get over her Maddie obsession. Yes, she's a talented young dancer. But sooner or later, she's going to leave Abby's studio, and then where will Abby be? Melissa also needs to start looking at Mackenzie as her own person, not just as a younger version of her sister if she doesn't want her youngest daughter assuming that, like Abby, Melissa simply prefers Maddie.

Right now, the two girls seem to have a strong enough relationship, but it's not going to stay that way if Mackenzie is made to feel as if she has to do exactly what Maddie did at whatever age she did it. There's no way that's not going to cause resentment eventually, especially if Abby keeps dragging Maddie in to show Mackenzie how to "be" Maddie.

Honestly, I don't care how good a dance teacher Abby supposedly is. She may do wonders for their feet, but she's disastrous for their heads. I'd like to know how many of her students go on to have problems believing in their own abilities beyond the dance world.
    mom2, Kanga, sclilred1 and 2 others like this.

Am I the only one who finds the "Maddie face" unattractive?
    mom2, sclilred1, Kiz and 1 others like this.

I think it's a bit over the top. It really breaks my heart to hear all the time how Mackenzie needs to be like Maddie. Why in the world does Melissa not say anything??? I'm sorry, but fame, money, travel would mean nothing to me if my kids were being hurt. Mackenzie is her own person, why does she have to dance like Maddie? It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the "Maddie face" unattractive?
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and Kiz like this.

No you are not the only one. Maddie herself has said that it's really only I think 4 faces. Then she couldn't even describe them all to Kalani. I don't get the feeling from Maddie that is actually feeling any of those emotions when she makes those faces. It's an act or something that is supposed to go with the dance. It's as if Abby and/or her other coaches have told her to make face "A" at this point, face "B" at this point and so on. Now when Chloe dances, I feel the emotion from her. I feel that Chloe actually feels when she dances. Hopefully that makes sense.
    GabbyG, Kiz and StaticFlow like this.

FORT Fogey

I thought there were just the two Maddie faces--the "beautiful" one and the "tortured by sadness one." I try to cut the girls some slack when it comes to the faces they make on stage, because we're seeing them in close-up a lot of the time, and they're dancing on stage--the audience and the judges are further away from them than we are, so the expressions have to be bigger for the audience/judge to see them. It's the same thing with ice dance--it can look over the top to the viewers at home, but they have the advantage (or disadvantage, depending on your point of view) of seeing the faces in close-up as opposed to the audience in the stands, some of whom are quite far away in the nosebleed seats.

However, it is hard to tell what Maddie is actually feeling, because she's been programmed, since she was quite young apparently, to do those faces. Maddie also strikes me as a people pleaser type, who really wants to make Abby happy, so she does as told. Mackenzie seems to have a bit more, for lack of a better word, spunk, and as she gets older, both Abby and her mother may have increasing trouble trying to convince her that she has to "be" Maddie as opposed to herself. Or perhaps that's just what I hope happens, because if nobody else is going to stick up for Mackenzie, Mackenzie may have to do so for herself.

I generally don't think it's a great idea for people to parent other people's kids, unless there's situation where it's necessary(e.g. the child is about to do something dangerous and someone steps in to stop that from happening--for instance, if a neighbor grabs a four year old to keep her from running into traffic, because the neighbor is close enough to do that and the parent isn't, I don't think the parent is going to mind). But despite all Christy's faults, I did appreciate her reminding Mackenzie that all she's responsible for being is the best Mackenzie she can be.

Incidentally, if Mackenzie continues to come in second to Maddie while doing Maddie's recycled routines and recycled expressions and while wearing Maddie's recycled costumes, that's going to be a great way to make her feel like she's just a "second best" Maddie. I wonder what would happen if Mackenzie were given her own routine etc. and she actually beat Maddie at a competition. Would Abby and Melissa congratulate her or just rush to comfort Maddie?
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread