+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1101
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Newbie

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Can someone explain just how Abby's mom, who was in stage 4 terminal colon cancer knew the Moms were out having lunch with Kelly? Either Melissa/Jill snitched or this entire show is a fairy tale.

Now a question, Melissa said Mckenzie will be moving up in age so wouldn't that put her in the same group as Maddie?
    My thoughts on that is it was orchestrated by the producers. They told Kelly where to meet the other moms and then probably called Abbys mother and 'invited' her out to lunch. What I thought was so off was Kira asking if she could come to the lunch.

When Abby was confronting the moms about the lunch with Kelly did you hear Melissa trying to piping in saying she tried to tell Abby after the lunch but Abby kept talking and wouldn't let Melissa finish? Boy she not only was trying to throw the other moms under the bus, she was planning on reversing and then running them down again. What I don't get is why the moms (Kelly, Christi, Holly and Jill) even say anything around her that they don't want getting back to Abby.

The comment about Chloe in regards to why she came in second, Abby saying she's probably sneaking out back with boys. That was just totally uncalled for. I have absolutely no respect for Abby.

Then there's Kira LOL, she didn't wait long to suggest Kalani go up against Maddie and if she's going to be on here longer than the other 'replacement' moms, I can see a lot of tension/drama/arguments between her and Melissa. Speaking of, this was the first episode I actually heard Melissa say out loud to all the moms that none of the girls would beat Maddie if put head to head in a solo. I think Melissa's finally met her match with Kira!
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and sparklete like this.

FORT Newbie

I stopped myself from gagging & watched last night. I am now 100% convinced that this is a semi-scripted reality show. Kelly probably wanted out, perhaps ratings were probably slipping so why not have the added drama of this supposed fight. It draws attention to Abby & Collins. I am willing to bet Collins even paid the filing fees for Kelly's lawsuit. In return I would wager Collins helps her daughters further their careers. I can be wrong but that is my gut feeling.

Why won't Abby allow Maddie to get head-to-head with Kalani? About Kira's mole if you look closely in one of her interviews her mole was gone.

DONE!
    Very possible about the producers and the Hylands. I noticed that too about Kira and her mole and this is just going to so mean, but my husband came in during the middle of the show to watch with me and they had one of the side interviews with Kira w/mole and the first thing he said was "J##us, does it have a name?". I had to laugh.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    In response to the bolded part......because Maddie would lose. Kalani is, IMO, a better dancer than Maddie. Maddie seems to be to sharp with her movements where Kalani is flowing and graceful.

Now about the rest of the show.....

The crap with Abby pushing MacKenzie to be a "pop star/dancer" to prove that she can do both "unlike Brooke" just shows one of the many reasons why Kelly finally snapped with Abby. Abby is always talking trash about Brooke, Paige, Chloe and their moms. The biggest reason? They don't kiss her ass like Melissa and Jill do. It was spite that made Abby put Chloe in the third from the top slot on the pyramid instead of second when she won the duet routine with Maddie. When MacKenzie's hair piece fell of on stage Abby SHOULD have yelled at Melissa like she does to the other moms when something like that happens. Instead she puts the blame on MacKenzie. Abby behaved like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum for not getting her way when she confronted the moms for having lunch with Kelly. What the moms do on their own free time is their business, not Abby's. Abby does not pay them and she isn't married to them so she needs to back off and grow up. As far as the threat goes about "everyone is replaceable", well that's not really true for this show. I doubt that there is more than a very small handful of people that watch the show because of Abby. Kick the girls off and the viewers will opt out. I'm looking forward to Christie stand up to Abby (yet again) next week. I am not looking forward to the Kelly bashing that will happen when Abby and Kira (why HER for goodness sake instead of the real asskisser, Melissa?) go to court.
    Agreed, Abby said that would never happen stating she doesn't put her girls up to compete against each other (I must be watching another Dance Mom show with an obnoxious teacher named Abby too then) but I think it's because she knows Kalani would beat Maddie, probably every time imo.

Agree with your whole post! One thing I read (have seen it a few times mentioned) is that Melissa and husband (her then married boyfriend greg) paid off Abby's debt before the show, but not sure if any of that is true which it went on to say that is the reason the Zeigler girls get the much better treatment.
    Last edited by StaticFlow; 02-26-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I'm sorry, I try not to talk about the children, but that little girl cannot sing.
    Agree, I think Brooke can sing, but think she needs a really good voice teacher to help her improve.
    GabbyG likes this.

Does anyone else find it annoying when Abby yells at the girls about how a hair piece falling out makes then unprofessional? They are children not professional dancers...sheesh!
    I am wondering what exactly Abby is trained dance-wise? It seems to me that her dances are just constant streams of redo's.
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and StaticFlow like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I believe that Abby is not far away from discovering that her tired rant "Everyone's Replaceable!" is too true and the busloads of screaming fans will fade away. Instead of using this opportunity to enhance her image, she has only destroyed it.
    She will soon be in the same fix she was in before the series began. Jmo.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I absolutely agree with you. No offense, you can't be great at everything! Mackenzie dances well, but a singer? Maybe with auto tunes.
    I don't think Brooke sung well either. With auto tunes, etc. anyone with the right look can be a singing sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I'm sorry, I try not to talk about the children, but that little girl cannot sing.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I believe that Abby is not far away from discovering that her tired rant "Everyone's Replaceable!" is too true and the busloads of screaming fans will fade away. Instead of using this opportunity to enhance her image, she has only destroyed it.
    She will soon be in the same fix she was in before the series began. Jmo.
    I actually think she'll be in a WORSE position than she was before taking on this series.

Why you may ask?

No one is going to work with someone who constantly belittles their wards in teaching, and kids won't trust someone who constantly belittles their mom and says that they're not worth something. Yes, this is the case with some girls who won't care, but I'm starting to notice that these girls are getting a bit wary of Abby over their mothers, and that speaks volumes with how she's teaching.

Abby also is now seen as a screaming banshee who it's either her way or the highway, totally inflexible to any comments around her, and a baiter to get people to yell at her so she can yell back.

She puts them on a year contract that has a high penalty if broken - well what if there is no choice, i.e. a parent dies and they can't afford it? Some of these contracts are that air tight they'd STILL be punished for breaking contract.

She also has for sure a criminal complaint on her (Kelly's lawsuit) which affects her rating and will also be a deterrent.

Putting all these into consideration, no one is going to spend hard earned money at her business when they know they won't be satisfied.

She needs to hope that the series lasts a bit longer, or she will lose that business.
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. No offense, you can't be great at everything! Mackenzie dances well, but a singer? Maybe with auto tunes.
    I don't think Brooke sung well either. With auto tunes, etc. anyone with the right look can be a singing sensation.
    I sing in an adult choir that, for years, rehearsed immediately after the local girls choir and has sometimes done concerts with that same choir. As a result, I've heard a lot of little girl singers. Mackenzie's voice is nothing special, and I agree that it's not offensive to say so, because everyone has individual talents. If it makes Mackenzie happy to sing, she should do so. But Abby thinking she can turn her into a singing sensation and somehow show up Brooke by doing so--which she basically said was part of it in the last episode--is giving the child false hopes. Could she probably get some youtube hits, because people already know here from the show? Sure. Might someone take a chance on doing a single recording with her, hoping to make money off her connection to the show? Possibly. But if she were to audition for, say, a role in a musical on Broadway, as Abby was suggesting, it wouldn't be her lack of bravado that would do her in--it would be the fact that lots of little girls she'd be auditioning with could out-sing her. I don't know why it's suddenly become so important that Mackenzie sing anyway. She's never expressed an interest in it before, though she has expressed an interest in doing make-up and actually did a pretty good job at that for a girl her age. Why not encourage that instead?

I also agree about Brooke. Lots of sixteen year olds sing as well, if not better, than she does, and she didn't seem all that driven about being the next big teen sensation. Perhaps Brooke and Mackenzie should just be allowed to pursue their singing interests in a less high pressure way.
    GabbyG and StaticFlow like this.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone else find it annoying when Abby yells at the girls about how a hair piece falling out makes then unprofessional? They are children not professional dancers...sheesh!
    I am wondering what exactly Abby is trained dance-wise? It seems to me that her dances are just constant streams of redo's.
    First, anyone who's ever been on stage more than a couple of times has seen a prop or costume piece or set piece problem happen mid-production. I've seen entire flats tip over, because someone hadn't properly braced them. I've seen petticoats fly out from under dresses mid-dance. I've been in plays where someone (and a four year old at that) fell off the stage mid-dance number. Stuff happens that's beyond human control. What matters is how those faced with the problem deal with it, and Nia didn't let the fact that her hair piece slipped stop her performance in any way. She was upset about it backstage, probably because she knew Abby would throw a fit about it and that she might lose points because of it, but she did not show any of that while she was dancing. That's what made her look, for lack of a better term, professional, and Nia should have been congratulated for not losing her cool on stage.

Incidentally, the four year old who fell off the stage was fine. A little scared, but fine. Most of the rest of us on stage weren't exactly sure what had happened, as she was positioned behind us. But when her father, the director, scooped her up afterwards and asked her why she didn't cry, she told him that she was scared, but she didn't want to interrupt the number that wasn't yet finished. Did I mention that she'd been at summer theatre rehearsals from the time she was a year old on up and that it was her first chance to be on stage? She wasn't about to blow her opportunity to have that one five minute extra part in a single scene just because she fell off a stage. Now, that's a trouper.
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and amityville like this.

+ Reply to Thread