+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1137
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Newbie

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Forgive me, I just jumped right on with out saying Hello to all! Hello to all!

Well, one thing that boggles my mind is Abby is always screaming about her reputation being on the line, she's been doing this for 30 something yrs (something we're all reminded of in nearly every episode) so with that being said, in regards to last episode (even tho there were many more moments in past episodes) if she really thought (not that I believe she did) that Christi sabotaged Nia's headpiece, why didn't she speak up at that moment. Maybe a "Christi don't adjust Nia's headpiece" would have been sufficient enough, imo. So why, if she thought that, would she allow her dancer to go out on the floor in an outfit and/or headpiece that she was sketchy about? After all, it is her reputation that's on the line. She's just way to full of herself. I don't agree with the moms a lot of the times, but I certainly don't agree with how Abby is with the girls, especially the blatant favoritism and the praising of one and not the others. It's like she enjoys being that way. Abby needs to remember the show is what got her out of her financial woes. She states in her bankruptcy filing that she was filing due to 'non customer interest in her studio', almost on the brink of losing her studio. Now because of the success of the show, she's got this ginormous ego. I think Abby is ruining this show and will eventually be the cause of its demise.

As much as Christi and Kelly whined and complained, they were by far, along with Holly my favorite moms on there. The one thing I could't stand about Christi was that shewent overboard a lot (especially with new moms) but I still liked her all the same. Holly so far is probably the sanest of them all and I'm sure it won't be long before the producers and Abby conjure up some kind of crazy drama that will eventually break Holly. Melissa and Jill, they're just sneaky. I think Melissa would lie even if the truth sounded better. Both she and Abby are going to be the reason behind Maddie getting burned out IMO.
    mom2, sclilred1 and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFlow View Post

Well, one thing that boggles my mind is Abby is always screaming about her reputation being on the line, she's been doing this for 30 something yrs (something we're all reminded of in nearly every episode) so with that being said, in regards to last episode (even tho there were many more moments in past episodes) if she really thought (not that I believe she did) that Christi sabotaged Nia's headpiece, why didn't she speak up at that moment. Maybe a "Christi don't adjust Nia's headpiece" would have been sufficient enough, imo. So why, if she thought that, would she allow her dancer to go out on the floor in an outfit and/or headpiece that she was sketchy about? After all, it is her reputation that's on the line. She's just way to full of herself. I don't agree with the moms a lot of the times, but I certainly don't agree with how Abby is with the girls, especially the blatant favoritism and the praising of one and not the others. It's like she enjoys being that way. Abby needs to remember the show is what got her out of her financial woes. She states in her bankruptcy filing that she was filing due to 'non customer interest in her studio', almost on the brink of losing her studio. Now because of the success of the show, she's got this ginormous ego. I think Abby is ruining this show and will eventually be the cause of its demise.

As much as Christi and Kelly whined and complained, they were by far, along with Holly my favorite moms on there. The one thing I could't stand about Christi was that shewent overboard a lot (especially with new moms) but I still liked her all the same. Holly so far is probably the sanest of them all and I'm sure it won't be long before the producers and Abby conjure up some kind of crazy drama that will eventually break Holly. Melissa and Jill, they're just sneaky. I think Melissa would lie even if the truth sounded better. Both she and Abby are going to be the reason behind Maddie getting burned out IMO.
    Welcome and I agree with you, except I hate how Kelly is always going to Abby's a big fat pig, she even went there in the lawsuit.
    StaticFlow likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Welcome and I agree with you, except I hate how Kelly is always going to Abby's a big fat pig, she even went there in the lawsuit.
    Very true. If either on these women had any common sense they'd shut up about the whole thing. Kelly and her attorney's should have found a better way of describing Abby (physically) in her suit because it's obvious she's making digs at Abby and Abby gloating loudly about getting rid of Kelly and talking about her and her girls just makes her look childish and petty. Thanks for the welcome!!
    mom2 and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

I feel the same way about Nia and Chloe.

It's not that I don't recognize that Maddie is talented, but the favoritism Abby heaps on her right in front of the others makes it hard for me to watch her. It's not her fault--and, in fact, I feel sorry for her, because I think Abby's attitude is going to cost her in the long run, since now that she's home-schooled, the other girls are her primary peer group and Abby is doing her best to alienate them on her behalf, perhaps to gain even greater control over Maddie--but it does cut down on any enjoyment I have in seeing her win, because I now Abby will just rub her victories in the faces of everyone else. I'm also a little tired of Abby choreographing similar types of pieces for Maddie. I rather enjoyed seeing her tap, for instance, just because it was different. Maddie even said she really likes to tap, so why not let her do more of it? It's not likely to hurt her in the win column, and if she really wants a career in dance soon (which I gather Abby and her mother want for her, whether she wants to rush into the pro ranks or not), it wouldn't hurt to show her versatility any.
    mom2, sclilred1 and StaticFlow like this.

Welcome StaticFlow! I love everyone here on FORT and hope you will too!

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFlow View Post

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Welcome StaticFlow! I love everyone here on FORT and hope you will too!
    Thank you Jennifer!! From reading up on some of the current posts, it really does seem like a great bunch of folks here. I'm hoping tomorrow's show is not going to be as bad as the previews show it to be, but I highly doubt that. I know that there are scripted moments in the show created by the producers for ratings, but I think the times that the girls cry when Abby berates them is more real time. The girls are talented dancers, I don't disagree with anyone on that, but actors, not so much. It's heart breaking to see when one of the girls is crying because you know she's really crying because she's hurt (emotionally). On Abby's other show, the ultimate dance competition, there was one young girl, Hayden (she went on to dance with Cathy at the Candy Apples to compete against the ALDC) , well she had a side interview and poor kid was hyperventilating and trying to talk. Just tugs at your heartstrings!

Being that Kelly and Christi are signed in for 6 seasons, I wonder if Kalani is just going to be one of those just a few episodes or 1 season kids (Sophia, Asia, 2nd Chloe) Kalani is a good dancer, but I've just become accustomed to the originals as being the ALDC team.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I feel the same way about Nia and Chloe.

It's not that I don't recognize that Maddie is talented, but the favoritism Abby heaps on her right in front of the others makes it hard for me to watch her. It's not her fault--and, in fact, I feel sorry for her, because I think Abby's attitude is going to cost her in the long run, since now that she's home-schooled, the other girls are her primary peer group and Abby is doing her best to alienate them on her behalf, perhaps to gain even greater control over Maddie--but it does cut down on any enjoyment I have in seeing her win, because I now Abby will just rub her victories in the faces of everyone else. I'm also a little tired of Abby choreographing similar types of pieces for Maddie. I rather enjoyed seeing her tap, for instance, just because it was different. Maddie even said she really likes to tap, so why not let her do more of it? It's not likely to hurt her in the win column, and if she really wants a career in dance soon (which I gather Abby and her mother want for her, whether she wants to rush into the pro ranks or not), it wouldn't hurt to show her versatility any.
    I enjoyed the tap routine as well. It was nice seeing her do something other than her normal routines that she's given. If Abby is really true on what she says about wanting to make Maddie a star in the dance world, I agree, she should be given more variety of dance routines/styles, but I think Abby is the one playing it safe and just giving Maddie the same routines that are sure to get her a win.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A definite maybe, there!

Interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Welcome Static!

I am on the same I love Chloe & Nia but doubt I will ever watch again. I don't believe Kristie did anything to sabatoge Nia. Holly herself said she was having trouble getting the haed piece to stay on. Abby saw it wasn't going to work so why not just remove or modify it?

The previews looks like Abby went for the jugglar with Chloe. Abby has to be one sad & lonely woman.

The parents to line up for hours only to have their child humilated by Abby...WHY? Just how many child stars have turned out to be normal, regular people afterwards? I can think of Ron Howard & Jodi Foster. I just finished reading Melissa Gilbert's book. I thought she was one that did alright for herself but in reality she was messed-up, not Lindsey Lohan messed-up but she weas a whole lot of wild.
    Who would want this for their child?
    mom2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Welcome Static!

I am on the same I love Chloe & Nia but doubt I will ever watch again. I don't believe Kristie did anything to sabatoge Nia. Holly herself said she was having trouble getting the haed piece to stay on. Abby saw it wasn't going to work so why not just remove or modify it?

The previews looks like Abby went for the jugglar with Chloe. Abby has to be one sad & lonely woman.

The parents to line up for hours only to have their child humilated by Abby...WHY? Just how many child stars have turned out to be normal, regular people afterwards? I can think of Ron Howard & Jodi Foster. I just finished reading Melissa Gilbert's book. I thought she was one that did alright for herself but in reality she was messed-up, not Lindsey Lohan messed-up but she weas a whole lot of wild.
    Who would want this for their child?
    Thank you!! I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple/few years a tell all book comes out by one of the kids (or their mothers) I can get that constructive criticism is good, but done the correct way. Positive reinforcment. Abby doesn't do that, it's criticize and insult. Chloe has always been my favorite kid on the show and it's going to be sad to if we have to see her go. If I can remember where I read this (will post link if I can find it, it might have been here lol) but I read that even before the mention of a show, that Abby rarely had contact with any of the girls. Abby's staff worked with the girls.

That's interesting about Melissa Gilbert. I grew up watching LHOTP and was/am a fan of Melissa Gilbert. I remember reading something years back about something going on when she was dating Rob Lowe (think that was it) . Think I might check that book out!

+ Reply to Thread