+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1160
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

There's no way of knowing when Abby's mother or dog became seriously ill-- so probably it makes no sense to assume it was any particular time. As for menopause, I can't imagine that that explains anything here. Whether Abby's change, or deepening of her skepticism and dislike of Kelly in particular, but also Christie, is attributable to just the passage of time and repeated provocations from them, or whether it can be explained by Abby's just become too caught up in a role, or inability to deal with grief is just so speculative.

I do think she's been pushed to the limit by Kathy and Kelly in particular-- I mean how often is it okay for people to hit her with their pocketbooks, or their hands or other implements, pull her hair and twist her head or just plain old scream at her with the sharp piercing lungs of a Kelly? I personal think Kelly has been provocative since day 1-- in fact, I've never seen anyone who was so eager to see any turn of events as a huge grievance as Kelly is. But at what point does Abby have the right to say, enough. Maybe she's overly competitive, too focused on winning over everything, overly partial to Maddie (certainly openly) or overly impressed by her own persona-- but why is everyone and their cousin allowed to hit her? And what does it mean to say she deserved it? Maybe it seems trivial to you, but I wouldn't like to be a punching bag.

As far as Abby's pointing her finger in Kelly's face-- as it progressed, Kelly had begun to stick her finger in Abby's face, which was why Abby (rather childishly) started biting at it. If it's so awful and provocative for Abby to do it, would it have been equally okay for Abby to have hit Kelly and grabbed her hair and pulled her head around the way Kelly did with Abby?

Being dislikeable doesn't really make it open season on someone.
    prhoshay and mesachick like this.

Kelly didn't start with the finger in the face until after she told Abby to get her own finger out of Kelly's face. I imagine that Kelly did the same to Abby to show her how it felt. Abby was going towards Kelly causing her to go backwards to get away from Abby. Abby went to Kelly at the beginning of this thing, and kept going at her. A person does have the right to defend themselves.

Abby has yelled at not only the mothers but the girls as well. Abby has thrown water on Kathy, which caused Kathy to retaliate. Abby needs to realize that if she can dish it out, she better be able to handle taking it as well. Abby is far from just "dislikable". Abby is a bully, not to just the moms but to the girls as well. IMO it's about time that someone let Abby know that there is a line and if crossed then there will be self defense used. I'm actually shocked that someone hasn't knocked the crap out of Abby before now.
    mom2, GabbyG, Kiz and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think anyone's saying it's okay to hit anyone else. Or at least I didn't mean to imply that. But I don't think Abby's entirely innocent in this incident either. She did add fuel to Kelly's fire by moving forward on her while snapping her teeth at her. Do I think she actually intended to bite her? No. But it was a juvenile and stupid thing to do. I don't think it justifies Kelly grabbing her hair, but I don't think Abby, who continually talks about how crazy Kelly and Christy are, can suddenly claim that she was abruptly and surprisingly attacked either. If you think someone's nuts, you generally don't bait the bear, so to speak. And if you do, you can't later act shocked that something bad happened as a result of doing so.

As far as being able to make a legal assault case, I'm not sure she could do it, at least not very easily. Abby seemed unclear about what happened when she spoke to the police, as she said everything happened so quickly. The moms couldn't, or weren't willing, to corroborate that Kelly had attacked her either, saying they hadn't seen exactly what happened or who went after whom first. Yes, they have tape, but the tape doesn't make Abby look like she was uninvolved in the fracas or trying to keep it from escalating further. In fact, her behavior was pretty much asking for it to get worse. My guess is that most lawyers would want the whole thing settled out of court, if at all possible.
    mom2, GabbyG, sclilred1 and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Kelly didn't start with the finger in the face until after she told Abby to get her own finger out of Kelly's face. I imagine that Kelly did the same to Abby to show her how it felt. Abby was going towards Kelly causing her to go backwards to get away from Abby. Abby went to Kelly at the beginning of this thing, and kept going at her. A person does have the right to defend themselves.

Abby has yelled at not only the mothers but the girls as well. Abby has thrown water on Kathy, which caused Kathy to retaliate. Abby needs to realize that if she can dish it out, she better be able to handle taking it as well. Abby is far from just "dislikable". Abby is a bully, not to just the moms but to the girls as well. IMO it's about time that someone let Abby know that there is a line and if crossed then there will be self defense used. I'm actually shocked that someone hasn't knocked the crap out of Abby before now.
    What astonishes me is that she still has huge herds of people at those open auditions offering up their daughters to her to teach after watching how she treats her students and their parents. Is fame really worth that? Is she really the only teacher of her caliber available to train their young dancers? I find that really unlikely, especially in cities as large as NYC, LA, and Atlanta. Not to mention the fact that they'd have to be willing either to uproot their lives to get their kids to Abby's Pittsburgh studio or send their children off alone to a different city.
    agamergirl and sclilred1 like this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What astonishes me is that she still has huge herds of people at those open auditions offering up their daughters to her to teach after watching how she treats her students and their parents. Is fame really worth that? Is she really the only teacher of her caliber available to train their young dancers? I find that really unlikely, especially in cities as large as NYC, LA, and Atlanta. Not to mention the fact that they'd have to be willing either to uproot their lives to get their kids to Abby's Pittsburgh studio or send their children off alone to a different city.
    I've had the exact same thoughts. Those crazy moms don't give a darn who's training their young daughters/sons as long as it's televised. The minute the cameras are off, Abby's clientele is going to dry up - again. And if Abby is half as infatuated with Maddie as she seems to be, all those little girls with their Chloe signs and Chloe chanting at the dance competitions must drive her batty, but she's the one that has caused it in the first place. Maybe it was Abby's diabolical intentions all along to make Chloe the beloved underdog star of the show. (I'm joking, but Abby couldn't have scripted it any better.)

It really bothers me that Christi keeps badgering Melissa about her affairs on camera when she knows the girls are watching the show. The only mom I even like is Holly, and then Jill does crack me up with her over the top antics to get in Abby's good graces and to promote Kendell. When Jill "dropped" by Melissa's house with Kendall and Kendall's mag cover in hand, when the day in the life of Maddie was being filmed, was pretty funny. It was an obvious producer set up, but what I thought was most humorous was Jill's real life interview when she said that Melissa had no idea that it was going to happen and it was an actual ambush. Too bad the show isn't more zany competitiveness rather than the mean spirited kind led by Abby.
    Photobabe and jenniferboston1 like this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I really think Abby is getting a little too big for her own britches, so to speak. And she went too far with that last episode. Don't these mothers care about their kids at all? I wouldn't even have my kid, if I had one, on a show like that. It's bound to mess them up a little. I'm wondering how this will affect them in their later school years and beyond. And I'm way over Cathy and her rotten apples. I don't watch Dance Moms to see her. I feel so sorry for her daughter. She treats her horribly.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Newbie

IMO I think the herds of people wanting to audition are simply there for the chance to get recognized on television (probably more so the mothers of these girls are wanting to get their kids noticed, not because Abby is some renowned well respected dance teacher) This new found fame has gone straight to Abbys head. It's no longer about getting her girls to succeed. It's ratings, money and control. To me, she's extremely narcissistic. She has to have control of every aspect of the girls lives (and their moms) in and outside of the studio. Next week clip shows she's threatening to kick Chloe off the team because Christi went to lunch with "the enemy" Kelly (really?) As for the fight with Kelly. I can see how Kelly got to that point. What did abby expect? That she could continue talking to the kids and the mothers in the manner she does and think that they would just sit there and take it? The way Abby is on the show, it was a given that eventually she was going to piss a parent off to where an incident like this happens. The episode where she threw water on Cathy and then Cathy hit her on the arm with her purse, I'm surprised with the way the producers portray these two women as being mortal enemies, that Cathy didn't jump on that chance and call the police on Abby.

The whole direction of this show has really taken a nasty and tacky turn. It's no longer watching and rooting for your team to go and perform and win, it seems now that the producers and/or Abby are deliberately trying to put this wedge/separation between the girls and their moms. Such as the whole Nia headpiece from last weeks episode. Christi didn't sabotage Nia, but Abby came screaming in at Christi with the purpose of trying to put suspicion in the other mothers head. Her behavior is getting more and more asinine each episode.
    mom2, sclilred1, Kiz and 2 others like this.

Abby has unfortunately fallen in love with her own hype. It is never about her students, it is only ever about her. Kelly began her true downfall when she chose another vocal coach for Brooke than the one on Abby's staff. I think Paige's looks have caused the friction between her and Abby.
    I dont know if I will be watching if Chloe or Nia are replaced as well. Doesn't she realize she biting the hands that got her there??? No, because it is all about Abby. Sigh.
    GabbyG, sclilred1 and StaticFlow like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm pretty sure that I won't be watching once Nia or Chloe are replaced.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I won't be watching once Nia or Chloe are replaced.
    sclilred1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread