+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1133
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Regarding the bold. Collins is incorporated in DE but La.CA is it's primary place of business.

I do wonder why Kelly and the other mom's kept resigning for another season after knowing how manipulative and controlling Collins, the producers and Abby are.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I think I read that Abby's mother died.

I think she died February 8.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I think the document put out by Kelly and her lawyer were at least as much PR for Kelly as true. I bet that a lot of it is extremely slanted-- because the role of Poor Victim doesn't exactly fit Kelly.

Abby is another victim it seems of reality TV-- she's become a caricature of herself-- and instead of just being herself- she tries to play herself to the camera. It does her no good frankly, because she had an abrasive, edgy personality to begin with, and now she's become provocative, and much too egotistical.

The mothers on the other hand I really can't listen to. I fast forward every time Kelly or Christie open their mouths.

But I also see signs of affection there-- with the exception of Kelly. I think it's more likely that Kelly has years of resentment and envy of Abby built up than vice versa. I really find her to be the most vicious of the whole group and really put a lot of Abby's behavior on her and Christie, who have goaded and attacked Abby in such mean ways over the years.

Sometimes I feel as if I"m watching a different show, because while I don't find Abby's behavior very admirable, she seems to have something to offer that's positive and to contribute to the girls' dance education, while the mothers' seem to offer nothing but self-pity and rage.

I doubt Kelly is in any way envious of Abby. Kelly is in a good marriage, has beautiful, healthy & talanted children and a beautiful home. Abby only had her mother who I hear has passed away. I am sorry to hear that. She had a failing studio until Dance Moms. Once the cameras stop rolling where do you think Abby will be?
    GabbyG, sclilred1, Kiz and 3 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

LOL You're right SNOW BUNNY! I'm guessing Abby will go in the way of all "reality stars". Ten years from now, we'll be saying, "What was the dance teachers name again?"

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I doubt Kelly is in any way envious of Abby. Kelly is in a good marriage, has beautiful, healthy & talanted children and a beautiful home. Abby only had her mother who I hear has passed away. I am sorry to hear that. She had a failing studio until Dance Moms. Once the cameras stop rolling where do you think Abby will be?
    GabbyG, Kiz and StaticFlow like this.

Thanks for posting this! I knew they all received compensation, albeit not much. THOUGH, wondering what caused $21K worth of damage to Kelly's flooring!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Link to the very interesting lawsuit filed by Kelly, Brook and Paige against Abby and the production company. Lots of tidbits about the inner workings of the show, at least according to Kelly's attorneys.

If you scroll to near the end, there's a copy of their season 3 contract.

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-...0215022006.pdf

My guess is that Abby will be doing what Abby seems to love to do, which is teach kids dance--and when the cameras stop rolling I'm sure it will be an adustment, but from what I see, Abby does love to teach dance. I'm not at all sure that her studio is failing- and if Kelly and her father's studio was so much more successful, why aren't we seeing Dance Moms with Kelly as the star?

And if Kelly is so happy and contented why all all the shrieking and imprecations? I see a very unhappy, if not tortured, woman who suffers from extreme lack of self-esteem and a very bad temper, who will never be satisfied with what life gives her, no matter what it is. Dance Moms could have been the opportunity of a lifetime for her to have a constructive relationship with someone who apparently she has been competitive with since her youth-- but instead she turned into a harridan-- whatever Abby's faults, you can't blame Kelly's constant tantrums on her. Is Kelly proud of her kids? probably-- but I don't see that making her very solid or secure in herself.

i don't have a specific link but I swear I read that ALDC was going into to close to bankruptcy. Then she was approached about a mini-series about young dance students, I guess the production liked what they saw and decided to turn this into a regular series.
    I doubt any of these mothers nor Abby herself knew what they were getting into. Collins most likely locked the parents into multi-year contracts. Abby does make the parents, every parent of every child, sign a 1 year contract with her with a zero compete clause & the parents would owe ALDC a certain amount of $$$ if they stopped bringing their child to her studio.
    This show will eventually get cancelled & Abby will go back to teaching dance but I would wager it will be difficult to go from Bendel handbags to Kathy Ireland for KMart. The girls & the moms will be fine just doing different things.
    I think Kelly is miserable because she is locked into a contract. Look at Paige, she looks like a deer in headlights. No child should ever have to feel like that especially for our entertainment.
    I used to look forward to watching this show but now I just can't.
    GabbyG, Kiz, sparklete and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

You're right PA Snowbunny. Abby filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and had it discharged recently after making money from the show and paying off her debt. She cited a lack of customer interest in her studio as the problem. If you google Abby Miller Bankruptcy, there are hits to lots of articles with some that include links to the court documents.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread