+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Million Dollar Decorators

Million Dollar Decorators

I was really surprised to see that there was not a thread on this show....thoughts?

FORT Newbie

Re: Million Dollar Decorators

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I was really surprised to see that there was not a thread on this show....thoughts?
    I have to agree and thank you for starting one. Hopefully others will show some interest. I don't generally comment but it's a show I always look for weekly and thoroughly enjoy now that I've newly discovered the Bravo network and admittedly the HW shows.

I really like it!!! Esp because they are all around SoCal!!! A few epi's ago that house they did in La Jolla, omg, beautiful!!!
    KAREN

I have mixed feeling about this show. At times I really like it but sometimes, they sure have big egos for people who are just providing a service.
    I wish Kathyrn Ireland would stop talking about her boobs all the time. They're not that special. But I guess you have to have a big ego to deal with the people they deal with. I know I sure couldn't do it.
    could you believe that $30million dollar home that Joe Francis (Girls Gone Wild) has??!! Holy moly!

FORT Newbie

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. On the one hand I love the creativity and the beauty of it all, but on the other hand I just can't wrap my head around the budgets. I mean, I don't begrudge anyone anything they've got, but I just can't imagine a rug that costs more than my car.

I've watched most of these shows and have finally decided that I'm done with it. I will grant you that people are definitely talented at decor. I haven't a clue on how to do it and my many mistakes point that out....some actually being family jokes about Mom's decorating choices. Some were pretty bad.
    But what really gets me is the pretentious attitude of these designers. Do they not realize that they are just the hired help and not part of any line of royalty?? Is it required learning to act pompous and better than every one else when starting this career?
    Do they take lessons on how to appear totally blaze about purchasing a $16,000 little table with feet?
    I admit all their finished products look wonderful but their similar attitude is not something I'd want to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Do they take lessons on how to appear totally blaze about purchasing a $16,000 little table with feet?
    I admit all their finished products look wonderful but their similar attitude is not something I'd want to work with.
    But what really gets me is the pretentious attitude of these designers
    That table with the carved feet at the bottom of the legs was just weird and downright ugly.

Their finished projects do look wonderful, however the homes they are decorating are already beautiful even without the completed furnishings and accessories so I'm not so sure it takes as much talent to turn an already beautiful home/mansion into something exquisite as it would if they had to decorate a 1000 square foot apartment on a budget

ITA that all of these designers act like pompous asses and THAT is the one thing that I dislike about this show. Next time I watch it maybe I'll put the remote on "mute" and see if that helps!

I don't care for the pompous attitudes either but I do like seeing the finished homes/rooms and they do throw out a tip or two on decorating. I in no way can afford to do a room on their budgets but I do like to see what they do and find items that are similar but way more inexpensive. I'm not very good a mixing patterns and textures so I get alot out of that on this show.

I do like Mary in a Bethany sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I don't care for the pompous attitudes either but I do like seeing the finished homes/rooms and they do throw out a tip or two on decorating. I in no way can afford to do a room on their budgets but I do like to see what they do and find items that are similar but way more inexpensive.
    Wasn't there a show on like that? They would take a REALLY expensive room and show how to do something similar for a heck of a lot less. Now most of the time they were not that successful, IMHO, but still. Is that show still on? Seems like with this economy that would be a popular show, not these "Look at what you can do when you have more money then sense. See these homes you could never even afford to rent for a week. Want to decorate a room in your house for $100,000? Here are some people who have $1 million to spend on a vacation home; watch them complain that it doesn't have EVERYTHING they have in the US." lol

+ Reply to Thread