+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Love In The Wild

FORT Fan

Re: Love In The Wild

I think the reason why these couples seem so close compared to ANYONE on the Bachelor is that they have time....I mean, they're spending 24 hours a day with the group, they're not ushered around on ridiculous group dates where they barely have time to talk and then secluded away from members of the opposite sex. I'd bet that they would be switching partners a lot more if the only time they got to see each other was at challenges. But I definitely like it this way, it's great to see how they interact around the cabins between challenges. It's probably why Jessica also eliminated herself-looking around, it was pretty easy to see that none of the remaining couples had bonds that could be broken up. Better to bow out gracefully, especially since she also didn't want to be with anyone besides Derek, than to be turned down. And in a way, it's probably why Brandee feels like she has to stick with Ben at this point. She spent so much time hoping he'd come around that she really didn't get to know any of the other guys and now her only option to continue is to go with Ben.

Felt really bad for Derek. When it first happened, I thought he was making a lot of noise about nothing, to be honest. I thought it was a broken toe and a scratch. And while broken toes are painful (I've had enough of them to know!) he could have continued if that was it. But it sounded as if he had more broken bones besides just the toe, and I agree with whoever said it was probably the chance of infection that got him pulled. The host did say he had a large open wound. But good for him extending that invitation to Jessica at the elimination ceremony.

Steele's a brainless meathead and Ben's too immature for anything serious. I like everyone else left though.

One last thing-I've spent time in that part of Costa Rica and I love seeing it again on this show. It's such a sparsely populated area of the country that so many of the natural wonders are still intact, and it's stunning. I remember when we were there there was so much outdoorsy stuff to do-we rode horses, swam under waterfalls, went boating in the lake around Arenal, relaxed in the natural hot springs, went ziplining, etc. I think they picked a great location to film because it looks visually incredible, offers so many outdoor activities, and has so few people that it's hard to imagine stuff getting leaked before it airs!

Good point, about all the time they've been spending together - that's so true! And, sleeping together, too - that's sure to build intimacy faster, even if nothing's going on....

I just read an article where the host or producer (?) said there are still several couples together. Cool!

The scenery is gorgeous - I wish I could go there!

when they showed derek's toe, it looked like the nail was damaged, & I'm willing to bet that the dr. pulled the nail off (barf) & that was resulted in the "open wound" in addition to breaking the toe.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Still, thought that Derek whined about about the foot. Suck it up, man. Anyway I hope that from now on for each challenge they teams have to switch partners. At this point in the game in is the only way to keep things interesting, glad that the producers thought this twist up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought it was pretty dumb of Brandee not to accept Steele. I would have done it just to stick it to Ben.

FORT Fan

I think Brandee was soured on the whole concept thanks to Ben being a....word I shouldn't say as a southern lady. Besides, the way Steele has been partner hopping and losing challenges, she'd likely be eliminated anyway next week. I think the poor girl was just beaten down and ready to go home. I don't blame her at all, but I do think it was idiotic for Ben to act the way the way he did. Why even go on a show like this if you aren't going to treat other people with respect?

And oh Steele....he is CLEARLY not ready for a relationship...guess he just thought this was an MTV house and he'd get to bag a whole bunch of girls while on a nice trip. I do respect him for saying he didn't want to lead Erica on anymore because he wasn't in the same place as her, but I wish he'd given her a heads up.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm totally cool with whichever couple wins. I like the remaining three pairs, and they have all formed pretty solid relationships. Again, kudos for the producers from not isolating the men from the women when not on challenges! This show actually has the possibility of matching the Bachelor for successful relationships, lol
    Moontat and navybelle like this.

I completely agree, pretlitdev, on all counts. I just got done watching, and felt so bad for the girls who went home. The minute Steele said she was getting too close, and then we heard drunk Ben at the pool saying the girls were so much farther into their relationships than the guys, I knew it was trouble for those girls.

Both guys are so immature. Steele just had to say something, let her know, and it would have been much better received I'm sure. He needs to grow up! And Ben is just a jerk - I'm glad he went home.

I hope both girls have moved on to new, healthy relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought it was pretty dumb of Brandee not to accept Steele. I would have done it just to stick it to Ben.
    If Steele and his nitwit self makes it to the finals then the girls need a seroius can of whoop A$$ opened on them...he just screams PLAYER and he is NOT looking for a real relationship...he is looking to hook up as much as he can with as many women he can there is nothing to him other than a good looking face and i can't figure out why these women can't see it..but if he plays everyone enough to win..then shame on the others and they deserve what they get
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I loved how the girls basically told the guys ... you're screwed. No relationship, no one plays the game.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Only two episodes left.

+ Reply to Thread