+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Love In The Wild

Re: Love In The Wild

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I think physically Steele is one of the more attractive guys, however, he's just a bit too much of a player. I think it truly is funny that he has been failing so miserably at the challenges. Too funny.
    ITA...yes Steele is a good looking man but IMO he is really full of himself and his whole attitude screams PLAYER
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    ITA...yes Steele is a good looking man but IMO he is really full of himself and his whole attitude screams PLAYER
    Especially when he admitted he's never been in a long-term relationship, longer than 3-4 months. He's always looking for something better- not a good trait.
    I liked how his partner next week sums him up: Good thing he's pretty!

I'm still struggling to keep these couples straight, knowing who's who and who's been with whom (thanks cker for the chart!). I don't even know everyone's names yet, and Derrick and Skip kind of looked like each other to me in this episode, so they're interchangable. Since there are fewer people though, I was able to keep track of the challenge better and I liked that. Steele and the canoe problems were hilarious, and it doesn't look like he'll be all that great next week either.

Samantha and Mike were a little annoying this week - I didn't get it at all why they were so crabby with each other, except that they made a mistake in the race. It seemed to go on longer and be bigger than warranted - could have been editing, too, who knows.

I felt bad for the two who went home this week. Yes, I thought Adam was pretty dense with Kym on their Oasis date - he didn't see their differences as problems at all? Haha! But he seemed very nice. Kym ... well, she isn't my favorite person, but I have to give her credit for being patient with Steele, and they did seem to get along very well and work together well - so, I understood her disappointment. But...she's probably way better off without him!

FORT Newbie

To keep track of the couples:

Blonde Jessica = Jessica
    Brunette Jessica = Jess

Week #1 Starting couples:
    Dawn-Jared.....Vaness-Steele.....Erica-Miles.....Samantha-Mike.....Jess-Skip
    Kym-Derrick....Heather-Ben.....Brandee-Adam.....Jessica-Jason....Theresa-Peter

Winners: Samantha-Mike
    Eliminated: Dawn-Jared
    ----------------------------------

Week #2 Starting couples:
    Samantha-Mike.....Kym-Adam.....Vanessa-Steele.....Heather-Miles.....Jessica-Peter
    Jess-Derrick.....Brandee-Ben.....Theresa-Skip.....Erica-Jason

Winners: Kym-Adam
    Eliminated: Vanessa-Peter
    -----------------------------------

Week #3 Starting Couples:
    Kym-Steele.....Heather-Adam.....Jessica-Derrick.....Brandee-Ben.....Theresa-Skip
    Samantha-Mike.....Erica-Miles......Jess-Jason

Winners: Jessica-Derrick
    Eliminated: Kym-Adam
    ---------------------------------

Week #4 Starting couples:
    Jessica-Derrick.....Theresa-Skip.....Samantha-Mike.....Heather-Miles
    Erica-Steele.....Jess-Jason.....Brandee-Ben

Winners: Jessica-Derrick
    Eliminated: Jess-Jason
    ----------------------------------

Week #5: Starting Couples:
    Jessica-Derrick.....Brandee-Ben.....Heather-Miles.....Samantha-Mike.....
    Theresa-Skip.....Erica-Steele

** Preview showed that the couples will be split up at the start of the adventure, and, also looked like someone got hurt.**

Starting couples after switch up: TBD
    Winners:
    Eliminated
    Last edited by cker; 07-21-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Computer glitch

FORT Newbie

Sorry the updated list posted weird. Computer is not cooperating tonight.

So the moral of the story ... "I'd rather go home than stay and be your partner."

This is entertaining to me, I do not take it seriously.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just watched this online (I'm always busy Wed. night). Okay, so Steele isn't quite as stupid as I thought -- this refers to the "elimination" ceremony at the end. As far as game play, he seems as clueless as ever. But they went into the elimination not knowing how it was going to play out, and as it got near the end, when brunette Jessica made an offer to him, he had to be quickly calculating the odds, and to be trusting Erica. You could see that if he refused, there was little chance that whoever Jason chose would accept. Theresa because she's happy with Skip, Erica because she's already teamed with Jason and didn't like him. Which of course played out to that exact scenario -- Jessica and Jason were eliminated and Steele and Erica got to stay on.

But Erica/Steele and Theresa/Skip had better step it up. Coming in near to last is getting very dangerous; and considering that most the pairings from this week are pretty happy with the way they are, it's almost guaranteed that the last to arrive will go home. Maybe they will be changing the rules about the elimination? Maybe something like the "picking" means that person will stay, but you won't necessarily be teamed up with them.

They don't have previews posted online (at least not yet, maybe later?), so I couldn't give any opinion on it. But it seems that unless they do shake things up somehow, this is going to be like Amazing Race -- last in goes home. So I think we'll be seeing some changes. Derek ... can't figure that guy out.

All the couples seem happy with each other and now it looks like it will be basically who finishes last will be eliminated scenario. Wow, previews next week the couples are forced to switch partners. Yes, the producers know how to create chaos.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Jessica was pretty damn rude to Jason. Even if he is coming on way too strong, you can be kind about telling him so. You don't have to scorch the earth. I know he had to be annoying because every girl that got paired with him felt that way, so obviously there's a common denominator there, but none of the other girls were out & out rude to him. Jessica made herself look really bad, IMO.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I felt so bad for Jason. That girl was rude to him! And Derek is such a tough one - that poor girl with him is constantly left wondering. He seems afraid of commitment or something. They work so well together as a team, but relationship-wise, he's a mess.

But I love Miles and Heather - they're so cute and sweet together.
    I like how next week they MUST switch partners and the girls are trying to avoid getting Steele! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I felt so bad for Jason. That girl was rude to him! And Derek is such a tough one - that poor girl with him is constantly left wondering. He seems afraid of commitment or something. They work so well together as a team, but relationship-wise, he's a mess.

But I love Miles and Heather - they're so cute and sweet together.
    I like how next week they MUST switch partners and the girls are trying to avoid getting Steele! haha!
    Ah, the Steele Curse or should that be the Curse of Steele!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread