+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Love In The Wild

Re: Love In The Wild

Why do people who have a fear of heights sign up for these adventure shows?
    Jexter and Shoepie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I liked the show during season one but felt unless they shake up the format a bit once the girls picked someone they would stick with that person regardless just to win the competition. It looks as if they might be spending more time socializing after a challenge. I luv'ed the initial idea of 14 guys to 7 women but thought that in itself was not a big enough twist guess how elated I was to find they are presenting 6 women to compete with the 6 left from the original 7. Hope they continue this twist later in the show.

I am glad Tim got sent home, didn't he say it was a bit of a cheater and womanizer in one of the opening confessionals? I felt bad for Summer when she picked him. His arrogance is unbearable and sloppy drunks who act 15 yrs old are not fun. His apology to Summer was not sincere and he truly does not understand why people don't find what he did funny. I can see him becoming a very abusive drunk and wife beater in the future. As for Shauna. I hope she takes a good hard look at herself and see how people see her and do some serious soul searching and attitude adjustment else she is going to be one of those gals on her 4 or 5th marriage by the time she is 45. Who would put up with her and her misery.
    I'm not going to go as far as to say that I could see Tim being a wife beater, but I agree that he is very arrogant & clearly is a mean drunk. Yes, he did say in his opening confessional that he always ends up cheating on his girlfriends, but then he says it's because he "hasn't found the right woman yet" which, IMO is an extremely flimsy & lame excuse. The bottom line is that he cheats because he thinks he's some kind of great catch & has "grass is greener" syndrome. I was so glad he got his walking papers! hahahaha! He was so arrogant, saying that all the other guys were nervous, but he didn't have anything to worry about! ha! But I bet he still doesn't see that he's the problem. He probably thinks they all missed out by not picking him. Oh, and I totally agree about his lame "apology" to Summer. I hate "apologies" that are insulting, such as "I'm sorry you took it the wrong way." That is NOT an apology! That is an insult! A sincere apology would be more like "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings & embarrassed you" or "I'm sorry I acted like a jerk."
    Can't stand this guy. So glad he's gone.

Shauna...wow, what a nutcase. The first week, the guy she didn't pick had said earlier in the episode that he'd rather go home than end up with her again. Wish granted, lol. And then the guy she chose had the same sentiment by the time the next ceremony came around! I think we can see the common denominator in this equation! But in his case another girl chose him (I think it was Summer, if I remember correctly)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Why do people who have a fear of heights sign up for these adventure shows?
    I don't know. I have a fear of heights. Not quite a phobia, but as I get older, the more intense it gets. I would never do a reality show mainly for this reason alone! I also am an extremely picky eater, with a strong gag reflex, so that would kill it for me too. I also hate snakes, spiders, and other creepy crawly things, so there's no way I'd ever sign on for a reality show! I'd end up getting kicked off/voted off/eliminated/disqualified immediately, lol.
    Moontat likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm so glad that Shauna and Tim went home this week. I agree with the assessment of Tim being arrogant and shallow. He lost me when he started refering to himself as "The Tim-Meister". So immature. I had been disappointed that Summer didn't pick up on that before she chose him -- what a relief that she found out and acted quickly once she saw his true colors.

I still like Jenny and Ben a lot, and was so happy when he turned Shauna down to stay with her. It will be interesting to see what happens this week with the other girls in the mix. I get the impression that Ben sees Jenny as a really great friend, rather than a possible romantic connection.
    Moontat likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

*MEEEEOOWW* The claws come out this episode. Love it! Not sure if Chase and Summer will make a love connection, but they will probably kick a$$ in the competitions. I hope. Still like Ken and Janina, they are adorable together. Don't really care about anyone else. I'd like to see Ali do a face plant into mud or something, could be just as funny as the chicken challenge.

I read the twitter feed and it seems that Ben is the one who is attracting a bit of attention. Of course he is tweeting too, retweeting compliments made about him. I just can't figure out why so many are just gushing over his looks. From the beginning I've thought he is the most unattractive male there with that Jason guy a close 2nd.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    *MEEEEOOWW* The claws come out this episode. Love it! Not sure if Chase and Summer will make a love connection, but they will probably kick a$$ in the competitions. I hope. Still like Ken and Janina, they are adorable together. Don't really care about anyone else. I'd like to see Ali do a face plant into mud or something, could be just as funny as the chicken challenge.

I read the twitter feed and it seems that Ben is the one who is attracting a bit of attention. Of course he is tweeting too, retweeting compliments made about him. I just can't figure out why so many are just gushing over his looks. From the beginning I've thought he is the most unattractive male there with that Jason guy a close 2nd.
    It showed how most men are all about the looks .Although Jenny was a b****. What was her problem - she didnt like the other girl given she had huge fake breasts? Ben is homely, the girls just like his accent.

I like Ken and Janina, this was fun tonight.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm glad Tara left...I did not like her at all.
    Shoepie likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Bringing in new faces at this point just confuses me. I don't see anyone except Ken and Janina making a real connection. Disappointing after getting two matches the first go round. And I still don't like Jenny McCarthy.

FORT Fan

It seemed pretty obvious to me Ben wasn't romantically interested in Jenny-just watching her demand that he kiss her goodnight made me cringe. He was obviously looking to dump her pretty quickly once he found someone he was remotely interested in. I don't think he necessarily sees anything with his new girl, but the pathetic way Jenny was throwing herself at him this week made him want to get away asap. And the new girl, despite being a 'model', doesn't seem all that attractive to me. The big boobs may have helped, but I think it was that she was a lot more mellow. He didn't have much of a chance to get to know any of the other new girls, between being at the Oasis and Jenny practically scent marking him, so he went with what he knew. I don't blame him, frankly.

I agree though, I don't find him attractive at all. He seems to have a bit of a temper too.

I liked that the tables were turned and the guys got a choice betwee two girls. I figured this was coming at some point, and probably sooner rather than later. Interesting to see how many of the guys opted for the new girls, seems the original crop wasn't as great as they liked to think.

I kinda felt bad for Tara, even though she seemed like a total ditz. I felt like she was strongly hinting that she and Jesse had slept together, and that's why his rejection came so out of left field for her. Still, I won't miss her grating, Kardashian voice.

Ali is starting to sour in my books. As a southerner, she's every stereotype of the whining, princess, entitled southern brat that I hate. I thought it was too bad that she didn't pick up on the signal that Chase was trying to give her, to show him some emotion, because he seems like an awesome catch. I think she'll be this season's Steele, the person that stays a long time because they're hot and very willing to swap partners at a moment's notice

Love Ken and Yanina. I think they're going to get to the end just based on their connection. I appreciated that Ken told his new girl straight up "Hey, I'm with Yanina." Sadly, she didn't seem to take the opportunity to get to know the rest of the guys.

Have to say overall, while I'm enjoying the season, I liked last season more. I really, really don't like Jenny McCarthy as host-she's forcing it too much, and her acting on the scripted jokes is TERRIBLE. And while the constant partner-switching that has gone on this season in theory spices the game up, what I liked most about the first season was that you could see the bonds form so quickly as how they became stronger over the season. I think there's less of a chance of people staying together after this season if they're constantly forcing people to switch up. There's less of a sweet innocence and more Hollywood manipulation now.
    Kip likes this.

FORT Fogey

'Love in the Wild': Jenny McCarthy says the winning couples are still together

"Love in the Wild" premieres its second season Tuesday night (June 5) with new host Jenny McCarthy. McCarthy stopped by "Today" Tuesday morning to talk about the show, which so far has a pretty good track record when it comes to finding, ahem, love in the wild.

"Here's the stat that this show works. Last year, the first and second place couples are still together. Very much in love. This year? Our first and second - still together!" says McCarthy. "And I'll tell you why - we're not throwing them in a mansion to look beautiful and fake for six weeks."

"They are dealing with, I'm telling you, hell," she continues. "It was raining, the girls had like 70 mosquitos bites on their face. You get to see their true colors."

We are so glad to hear that couples Mike and Samantha (first place) and Heather and Miles (second) are still together. We hope they make an appearance on this year's show so we can catch up with what they're doing.

"Love in the Wild" premieres Tuesday, June 5 with a two-hour show starting at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC, then moves to its regular timeslot, 10 p.m. ET/PT, on Tuesday, June 12.
    I agree with everything you said, pretlivdev. I didn't feel badly for Tara, though. I am not sure where her anger came from other than it was clear she and Jesse had sex; she used the word intimate. She was possessive and hostile to both Jesse and the new woman. That is never going to work if you want to stay! Not that Jesse would have done differently had she been otherwise. If the format remains and more men come next week, Jesse is gone. Or he will be replaced from the pool already there. Love Ali's comment in the preview, "Jesse is a one night stand that won't go away."

Great PR move to announce the winning couples this season are still together. It adds another dimension to our viewing. Seems likely that Ben and Yanina are one but a lot can happen. If the outcome were obvious I don't think they would have put this out there. And four couples still together! Better odds than the Bachelor/ette already and this in just 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 06-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread