+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Love In The Wild

FORT Fogey

Re: Love In The Wild

Tim and Summer are likely to form a team that is hard to beat. He is a player and this may come to her attention, she is smart and does not appear to be one easily fooled.

This is the first season I have watched. Do I have this right? Next week we see them offered a switch at end of the episode. Logic says that the couple coming in last will have a huge disadvantage in that no one will want to switch with anyone on the losing team. Did that happen last season or were the switches more about attraction and less about winning?

Tara (ditzy blonde) is probably the worst partner to be with. But she holds the power. How are the women eliminated?

Shoepie, if I remember correctly, you are correct about the last team being at a terrible disadvantage. I'm pretty sure the last team was usually (always?) the ones eliminated.

Last year, the women were eliminated the same way as the men. Each week, alternating, the men or the women pick first, then the other sex picks. Those left over at the end are out.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Shoepie, if I remember correctly, you are correct about the last team being at a terrible disadvantage. I'm pretty sure the last team was usually (always?) the ones eliminated.

Last year, the women were eliminated the same way as the men. Each week, alternating, the men or the women pick first, then the other sex picks. Those left over at the end are out.
    Thanks.

I finally got a chance to watch this today. Jenny McCarthy is a good host, she's pretty funny. Tim seems to be way too full of himself. Maybe Summer can tame him. Seems like an interesting premise so far, this is the first time I've watched this particular series.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

Loved the interactions between Ben and the redhead. He does have an interesting look, but he and his female partner seemed to enjoy just hanging out and I LOVED that they had to keep kissing because the 2nd guy couldn't figure out the camera. Too funny. I also loved that Summer kicked butt. She may have the potential to become a bit overbearing, but so do quite a few of them. I enjoy this show and am glad to have it back. Mindless entertainment.
    Shoepie and ButterflyFaery like this.

I liked the redhead who is with Ben, too. Is her name also Jenny? Loved it when they showed clips from upcoming shows and she was referring to one of the other girls as "Boobs McGee." She won my heart over at that moment.

I like Jenny McCarthy, too (despite her anti-vaccination campaign), but there were times she just seemed to be trying too hard for a laugh. She would toss in some sort of sophomoric remark that I didn't think was necessary. If memory serves (and as I get older, it usually doesn't), she started out as kind of a gross-out comedian, didn't she (fart jokes and the like).? I guess I thought she'd gone into a more mature type of comedy, but maybe not.

About 20 minutes in or so at the snake pit and the coconut mask challenges. Not liking Tim, he is very arrogant and coming across very skanky and slimy. Shauna a bit too much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I hope the teams switch up more than they did last year.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspet View Post
    I liked the redhead who is with Ben, too. Is her name also Jenny? Loved it when they showed clips from upcoming shows and she was referring to one of the other girls as "Boobs McGee." She won my heart over at that moment.

I like Jenny McCarthy, too (despite her anti-vaccination campaign), but there were times she just seemed to be trying too hard for a laugh. She would toss in some sort of sophomoric remark that I didn't think was necessary. If memory serves (and as I get older, it usually doesn't), she started out as kind of a gross-out comedian, didn't she (fart jokes and the like).? I guess I thought she'd gone into a more mature type of comedy, but maybe not.
    Her lines are probably written for her. She was never a stand up comic. She parlayed a Playboy photo spread into an acting career. She is very witty in interviews and I can tell she did not write her own lines from what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Her lines are probably written for her. She was never a stand up comic. She parlayed a Playboy photo spread into an acting career. She is very witty in interviews and I can tell she did not write her own lines from what I have seen.
    That makes a lot of sense! My impression had been that she was a lot more clever and quick-witted than her lines on the show indicated.

Now I must go investigate why I thought she did fart jokes early on in her career. My poor memory is such a source of amusement for me sometimes . . . .

+ Reply to Thread