+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Platinum Hit

Platinum Hit

I can't believe there's no thread for this yet! Anyways, anybody else watch Bravo's new songwriting competition?

So far the show is hit or miss, but I think it has lots of potential. Cannot believe that "Paint The Walls" won in episode 2... that song was an overproduced mess. My Ridiculous was so much better, but the guy should have sang it.

And all these teams need to stop touching the chorus...they win the hook challenges for a reason, changing them is an unnecessary and risky.

Re: Platinum Hit

I'm watching it. I like the show. Agree on the "changing the hook" bit; also, got the feeling that Brian was pressured into changing the hook because of the other two members of his group.

Personally, I want Nick to win it all, if only so that it'll be one of those rare occasions where the "I'm not here to make friends" guy wins a reality show.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Saw last Saturday's ep where they sang about LA. Surprised the solo girl singer did not go home over the other group. First two songs were great.

The feel of the show and pace came across very well and I normally can't stand singing reality shows.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Personally, I want Nick to win it all, if only so that it'll be one of those rare occasions where the "I'm not here to make friends" guy wins a reality show.
    I kinda hate Nick. He complained about Sonyae Elise being a ***** or stuck up when he didn't even know her! If anything he's a male **** with his "I'm so talented" attitude. I'm glad he can bring it and not just talk but it's still annoying. He reminds me of a more juvenile Santino. And I don't mind those who aren't there to make friends, but that doesn't mean you have to be mean. And Sonyae schooled him in the confessional: "Taking a position where you don't want to be anybody's friend in a competition where you have to be group partners with people is kinda stupid." He doesn't understand that you can have it all either: you can be friends (or even just acquaintances), make good music, and aim to win.

To be fair to Nick, the previous week, Sonyae had to sing in front of the judges alone, without the support of her teammates, and she essentially said, if she had known what Blessing and Amber were capable of, she wouldn't have chosen them, and she said so publicly, in a very negative manner, rather than matter-of-factly. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, he didn't so much complain that Sonyae was a shrew, so much that he was worried she might be one and voiced that opinion to Scotty; the fact that she picked was picked last only really supports Nick's worry, in a way.

Not that there isn't something wrong with the way Nick is going about conducting his business, but in a way, Scotty announcing to everyone present that Nick thought Sonyae might be a problem when it looked to be something Nick was confiding to him in private seems fairly off to me as well. Ultimately, the editing seems to be done in a way that is making Nick the easy-to-hate villain, but I just kind of want him to do well.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I think Nick gets a bad rap; he might be a bit of a prick, but everybody he's worked with has said he's a good collaborator, which to me is more telling than his attitude. Even when he was in the bottom group, his work was still brilliant, so ultimately, I think he's a bit cocky, but has the good to back it up.
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I really like this show! I wasn't sure at first, because I don't really like Jewel or Kara that much, but I think it's great. (minus the stupid showmance they're setting up. Ugh!)

I also like Nick. He's got undeniable song writing talent and I actually like his voice, too. He reminds me a little of one of my favorite singers Jacob Hoggard. I also like Jackie and Scotty. I remember her from American Idol and I liked her then, too.

Was I the only one who liked the losing song this week? It was seriously my favorite. lol

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I LOVE Jacob Hoggard, but I'm not really seeing the connection to Nick, at least not personality wise. Jacob was pure joy to watch when he was on Canadian Idol. Nick is not pure joy.

I don't really like either Nick or Sonyae... though they are both very talented people.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

Really? That is so cool! Do you live in Canada? I live in California but my sister and I drove to Canda a few years ago to see Hedley and it was one of the best summers ever.

I see the similarities more in their voices and singing styles. Nick doesn't have even half of the charisma or stage presence that Jacob does imo.

This show is already on its 3rd episode and I can't believe the FORT is not following it and very few here even watch it. In fact VFTW actually is a huge fan of the show because of Jackie and Jess (Powerfox and Ponymane) of YouTube fame. It's actually better than AI and has the Project Runway format which I like. Jackie is a hoot! I want her to go far. She almost got eliminated last time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast