+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Platinum Hit

Re: Platinum Hit

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Nick has a bit of an abrasive personality...he's not as easy to like as some of the others. But even those who complained when Nick was first assigned to their groups (in earlier weeks) never seemed to complain as much during or after. He's always been right in there helping out (unlike, say, Melissa).
    If anything, I think every person whose worked with him, even if they didn't like him, always came away with something nice to say about Nick in regards of collaborating with him.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Ugghh. Yet another week, yet another song that I completely disagree with the judges on. Clearly, I am too old for this show.

I really thought the other song was going to win, but I kept humming pieces of the song that won. I was glad Nick won (and that he fought for what he wanted), but I really think Jes should have gone home.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I really thought the other song was going to win, but I kept humming pieces of the song that won. I was glad Nick won (and that he fought for what he wanted), but I really think Jes should have gone home.
    I thought Jess should have gone home, too. I really liked Brian!

Yes I think Jes should've been sent home. Maybe the judges didn't want another week of backlash from the fans of Johnny/Jes.

And Jewel is pregnant during the taping of this show. Shows how unobservant I am lol.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

They kept Nick because they need a villian. No other reason. He hasn't delivered yet on his promises. Not fair to Johnny but one has to figure that he will probably gets his break now that he has made fans of the judges with his past performances.

I realize we only get to see the finished product after editing but Kara's comments proved to me she wasn't listening to anything being said. She seems like an unpleasant person anyway, impatient and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkykatt View Post
    They kept Nick because they need a villian. No other reason. He hasn't delivered yet on his promises. Not fair to Johnny but one has to figure that he will probably gets his break now that he has made fans of the judges with his past performances.

I realize we only get to see the finished product after editing but Kara's comments proved to me she wasn't listening to anything being said. She seems like an unpleasant person anyway, impatient and arrogant.
    In saying that, you denigrate Nick's abilities completely. While I don't necessarily think he's the best remaining competitor, he's definitely stronger than Jes and Brian, so for that reason alone, he belongs in the competition still.
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Newbie

I disagree, I don't think he's shown as much as some of the others and surely less than the gentleman who was sent home. One of the judges told him he was poised to win this thing. It's all set up for the drama, otherwise Jes would be out and Jackie still in.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, final three and somehow Jes is still in it? I agree on the Sonyae and Scotty, but I just think Brian should be in the final instead of Jes. Heck, maybe even Nick for that matter. I would have liked to have seen the voting results for the rest of the contestants. I wonder if Jes got last and they wanted to keep her so they didn't reveal...

It is partially the personality of Jes that adds to my disappointment of her making it so far, but I also think some of her songs have been pathetically weak... juvenile lyrics much of the time. Ugh.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 08-01-2011 at 03:58 PM.

FORT Fogey

I missed a lot of episodes of PH after they moved it off the Monday schedule, but I did catch the finale tonight. I thought all the songs were pretty meh, but Sonjae's was the only one that really aggravated me, so naturally she won.

Truly, it wasn't her use of religion as a metaphor that bothered me. I didn't think it was sacrilegious or anything like that. But the line that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck was one none of the judges discussed. At one point, she had the character in the song say that she would give up everything she had on this earth to be his (the object of her affection's) girl. Giant, major ick factor for me. That's not love. That's an obsessed stalker. Who would even want anyone to give up absolutely everything he/she had for them, unless the target of all that devotion was some kind of self-absorbed jerk? I didn't like how sappy the girl in Jess's song was either, but that line in Sonjae's really ruined the whole song for me.

And, to be honest, I've never liked Sonjae's attitude either. But then I wasn't a huge fan of the other two either, so it's not like I really cared who won, especially since I didn't like any of the three songs (I might have liked Scotty's, as I liked the concept, but I couldn't understand the lyrics). I just really, really didn't like that song. Nor do I think it's particularly practical of Sonjae to think she can have a career as a songwriter without learning how to play some sort of instrument, even if she still remains primarily a vocalist. Learning an instrument would simply give her a greater independence as a songwriter, because she wouldn't need to collaborate so much of the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast