+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Platinum Hit

Re: Platinum Hit

We just love this show! I can't believe more people apparently aren't watching it.

Where did that attitude from Melissa come from? She always seemed so quiet and nice, but never contributed much. But those claws certainly came out at elmination.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

The hook challenge is about "Risk" They each will be performing it themselves in public at the Santa Monica Promenade as street performers. Interesting that Nick was the only one who did not have a group gather around him to listen and toss $$ into guitar case… I have to admit I would have passed him by too…his was not very good this time.

Winners are by how much $$ collected:

3rd - Jes
    2nd - Johnny
    lst - collected 43% of $ Jackie

Have to create a song using the hook in a completely different genre than what it was written in.

Teams are:
    Jes and Nick = Pop
    Johnny and Brian = Reggae
    Jackie, Scotty and Sonyae = Country

Comment of the night: Nick "I bring out the best in people. Jes is very talented when she is working with me." lol

I really think the songwriting is getting better each week - for the first time I liked all 3 songs. Johnny and Brian win. Jes and Nick - both up for elimination. Judges had no idea what they were talking about - they took the great melodic hook and made it the pre-chorus rather than the chorus - say Nick seems to be a lot of talk so far with his writing and not showing them much each week. But they are both safe.
    Jackie, Scotty and Sonyae are in the bottom and all are up for elimination. Scotty only worked on the music and paid no attention to the lyrics. Sonyae has immunity and the other two argue it out with each other as to contribution.

And Jackie goes home…..judges will keep an eye on her as they feel she has the talent to write a hit song.

As much as I like Nick, that man has no filter, and is emotionally immature.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    As much as I like Nick, that man has no filter and is emotionally immature.
    Yup. But (given that we only see the footage they want us to see) I was glad the judges kept him tonight. I get that it's a competition, but freezing out your writing partner is no way to try to win.

Neither is sulking in the corner or refusing to get up on stage. He did write some things that were in the song, he should have been up there.

Neither one of them should have continued, but at least Johnny got up and did Something.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

This show disappoints me every single week. Don't know why I'm still watching.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Neither is sulking in the corner or refusing to get up on stage. He did write some things that were in the song, he should have been up there.

Neither one of them should have continued, but at least Johnny got up and did Something.
    To be fair to Nick, in the editing, he tried to do a lot of things, but almost any time he suggested anything, Johnny shut him down because it didn't fit into his vision, rather than giving it a chance and seeing how it'd go.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Actually Johnny put some of Nick's lyrics in the song and the judges didn't like them all. I think the judges were put off by the fact that, even though Johnny put a lot of effort into composing the whole song, he totally blocked Nick from contributing to the song. Nick had an ego throughout the entire competition but it never affected his work ethic with the other people. He always put the work before his personal feelings which is the opposite with Johnny. Nick tried to make it work but Johnny never gave their team a chance. On the other hand, Nick should have been more assertive in making a contribution but at least he tried. Johnny is the more talented of the two but I see where the judges were coming from so to be fair with Nick, they kept him over Johnny.

I'm not sure I would say that Johnny is the more talented of the two, since I find that, in the tracks he's created that I've liked, he's worked with people who generally have produced good songs without him, and I've generally liked all of Nick's songs, so this week's show seemed more like an anomaly to me. I think we'll see next week if Nick puts out another track that's something I like, or if he's pretty much been riding on the coattails of others as well.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I don't think Nick knew Johnny used those lyrics until the song was performed. If Johnny really was trying to sabotage Nick, putting in some of Nick's lyrics was just another nail..."See, I used some of his stuff!"

Nick has a bit of an abrasive personality...he's not as easy to like as some of the others. But even those who complained when Nick was first assigned to their groups (in earlier weeks) never seemed to complain as much during or after. He's always been right in there helping out (unlike, say, Melissa).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast