+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

OK, notice at the finale she's almost back to her old hair style...a kind of bang over one eye...just a different color. Definitely a good look for her, and makes forehead lines less obvious. She's looking good. I feel a bit for her younger son, hope he isn't teased at school for this. I think the older son has lost some weight also...maybe only healthy food in the house to snack on, but portions still matter.
    Notice how Melissa kept looking for Chris? I think she was chosen because she said she wanted to work with Heidi, but like most women, loves her some Chris hugs.

The story of how her husband committed suicide was unbelievable....

I didn't care for her makeover hair but she looked fantastic at the finale. I think Heidi is a good addition to the show. I wonder is some (or all) of the makeover folks aren't at Bootcamp at the same time. All of the makeovers so far this season began with Heidi pregnant and Heidi looking crazy slim and fit so soon after giving birth!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The problem with having Heidi as the coach is that she is ALWAYS going to look better than the contestant---that dress at the finale was a knock out. I wouldn't want to be up there with her---I might be feeling pretty good about myself, until I'm standing next to her... Chris is good looking but he doesn't dress "sexy" in the same way. Or Jillian---she doesn't outshine the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The problem with having Heidi as the coach is that she is ALWAYS going to look better than the contestant---that dress at the finale was a knock out. I wouldn't want to be up there with her---I might be feeling pretty good about myself, until I'm standing next to her... Chris is good looking but he doesn't dress "sexy" in the same way. Or Jillian---she doesn't outshine the contestants.
    Good point, PWS. Maybe Heidi will figure that out in future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Melissa, in my opinion, looked better before the makeover.... Interesting that Heidi is stepping up to share the show. She's definitely the Jillian to Chris' (old) Bob from TBL.
    Heidi has always been part of the show they just never showed her. I think after two seasons they wanted to show viewers a more realistic view of how the show is done.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Extreme Weight Loss (ABC)

Last night show--The lady who gave her son up for adoption at age 20, married the man who didn't help her much (left her feeling alone) who also cheated on her, did not have other children and gained up to 350 pounds total.

A lot of times I won't watch this show, but last night was inspirational.
    * Golfing challenge at 6 months where the wife carried around 115 bag weight on the golf course until the husband who was a golfing teacher could score--I feel like the man/coach is not a psychologist. I was not crazy about that. But I understand that one problem must be solved at a time. At this point in time she does not want to unload the husband because then she would be wondering whether she is a good person worthy of good treatment. That guy might have been crying because he had to admit on national tv that there is nothing special about his golf game, not because he was concerned about the weight his wife was carrying other than she might scream louder and make him look like more of a dummie. I think the wife could still be in denial. Maybe he is acting better because he is going to lose his sweet deal where he works 8 hours a week if she dumps him.

*The Story--Many, many women share her story. That baby is THE love of her life. And she had to part with him when she was almost a baby herself. Then she married a husband who she is having a battle with herself whether she should just get rid of him.

*Awesome weight loss--In one year she has transformed herself. And her grown man baby is joyful that his mother is happy.

Sometimes the solution is getting rid of man; and it does not make you a bad person. It just takes getting fed up. Really the bad one is the one who is happy to let his wife suffer if it is the means to his end, freeloading. You cannot help the people who matter when you are suffering. I do not think the cheat much matters. Let him figure things out for himself. I do not really think a free loader can turn into a father figure. And if a child is brought into the picture, she is almost charged with hiding this from the child.

I hope she remains good to herself. Cheers to her for her inspirational story.
    You can do it!

Re: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

So the wife supports the husband and he doesn't work?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The husband is a golf pro. I have a golf pro living next door to me and one of my sons friends is a golf pro. Golf pros who work at golf and country clubs don't make a huge amount of money but they do work. There are many couple where the wife earns more money than the husband. If it doesn't bother the couple, it shouldn't bother others.
    Critical likes this.

I haven't been watching, but I think last night's episode was a new one. It was about Sara, the little person who is 5'8. Her story was amazing. I have some questions though.

How is it possible for an overweight little person to run a full marathon with seemingly little effort. It blew my mind. As Chris said, her running a marathon is like an average height person running two. She had to stop and stretch her legs once, but she never seemed to be out of breath or that fatigued. HOW is that possible? I have a good friend who has run marathons for years and she gives out towards the end. Sara was passing by other runners as they were going up a two mile INCLINE. I just can't figure this out. Anyone?

I loved Sara's journey, but I really am disappointed that no one ever got her into a properly fitting sports bra. My pet peeve. You could tell she was so uncomfortable. She had zero support.

Deb, I think you gave Sarah an extra inch! Not that she would mind. I heard them say she is 4'7'' ! As to how she did it...I'm sure part of it had to do with the training she did in Arizona prior to the race. Remember, Chris insisted she go to AZ. and train with him. The other part had to be mental. From day one her attitude was, if I want to do it, I can do it and I will do it.

I hope that sister of hers throws up from all the crow she's eating.

+ Reply to Thread