+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Cassandra's stats: 45 yrs old - 5'8" Ht (Chris is 5'8" and Cassandra looked to be the same height) - 364 lbs Wt

Food Plan

1500 calories - 3 meals - 2 snacks

Total
    Phase Start wt Goal wt Goal lbs Actual wt lbs lost lbs lost
    1 - 3 months 364 274 90 272 92 92
    2 - 6 months 272 212 60 248 24 116
    3 - 9 months 248 199 49 217 31 147
    Day 294 * 217 199 18 199 18 165
    4 - finale 199 NA NA 189 10 175

Phase 1 - 3 months -13 weeks - actual lbs lost - 92 - lost an average of 7.65 lbs per week or 30.6 lbs per month

Phase 2 - 6 months - 13 weeks - actual lbs lost - 24 - lost an average of 2.0 lbs per week or 8.0 lbs per month

Phase 3 - 9 months - 13 weeks - actual lbs lost - 31 - lost an average of 2.58 lbs per week or 10.3 lbs per month

Phase 4 - 12 months - 13 weeks - actual lbs lost - 28 - lost an average of 2.3 lbs per week or 9.3 lbs per month

* wanted to wait until she was the goal weight Chris gave her before seeing the Doctor for skin removal surgery.

Note: Doctor said the skin removed would weight between 12 - 14 lbs.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-31-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Chris is 5' 6" ....good to know for the future. I enjoyed Bob the cop and his wife..... both seem like such nice people. His daughter... so classic......I feel for her being put on the spot on TV, but that "whatever"...LOL

FORT Fogey

Why didn't Chris walk up to the driver's side window, Bob's window? It's not as if Chris was going to give Bob a ticket. I think Bob should have spent maybe three months just swimming, then had the operation on his knee. When Chris had Bob push that 450 pound object, and when Chris put a 45 pound weight on Bob's shoulder, it was too much too soon. I wonder if the producers presssured Bob into choosing to lose weight instead of getting the operation. After three months, I think Bob looked the same as he did when he first started out. When Chris found out that Bob had torn his other knee, all that Chris cared about was phase 3 of the weight loss program. After a year, Bob and his wife looked almost anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Chris is 5' 6" ....good to know for the future. I enjoyed Bob the cop and his wife..... both seem like such nice people. His daughter... so classic......I feel for her being put on the spot on TV, but that "whatever"...LOL
    I've see his height listed as 5'8" and 5'10" on various sites as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I've see his height listed as 5'8" and 5'10" on various sites as well.
    The 5'8" I think is much more accurate it is easy to compare when he is in episodes that mention the participants height especially the 2 recent ladies that were 5'2".

Read in this article that Cassandra had been at an all time high of 405 and had lost 40 lbs before she started the show with Chris.

Vemma News Fearless at 44

I was pretty squeamish about how Chris was pushing Bob--my own knees were aching just looking at him. And I can't understand his disappointment over Bob missing a 70-lb goal by a mere 8 lbs, especially when he was doing all that was humanly possible given his injury.

I did think this episode was a great example of spousal support--Kelly cheered him on the whole way. Glad we didn't have to see too much of the daughter! I excused her 13-year-old behavior til it came out that she was 19...

I guess this is it for the season, right? I didn't see any previews for next week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know... they are saying the knees are hanging by a thread and then they go ahead? But on the plus side they did show things one can do that don't stress the knees. Now I would have thought rowing and biking do stress the knees, so that was interesting. And they did show that it was when he did things he shouldn't do, like lunges, that he got further hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I know... they are saying the knees are hanging by a thread and then they go ahead? But on the plus side they did show things one can do that don't stress the knees. Now I would have thought rowing and biking do stress the knees, so that was interesting. And they did show that it was when he did things he shouldn't do, like lunges, that he got further hurt....
    I see lots of folks at the gym who do rehab on the upright bikes after knee surgery and knee injuries. I think that it provides the full range of motion without putting your body weight on the joint.

When I saw how they handled Bob, in light of knowing the knee situation, I changed the channel. Those producers are cruel and crazy, IMO.

The doctor had just stressed to Bob how all that weight on his knee was harmful. His heavy weight only compounded the problem. He hanging on by a thread. NEWS ALERT to producers. This means you take every precaution to protect Bob's knee, especially until he looses a lot of weight. You work in water, you do low impact, etc. You DON'T put additional weight on the man and force him to do moves that exerts the knee even more. THEN after his knee pops they get the right idea. They make me sick. I'm done with that show. The doctors that are associating with this show need to reconsider. The producers are doing too much for drama and to heck with people's safety and health. I hope someone takes this show to task for doing this. Shame on them.

+ Reply to Thread